Weird....

Oct 8, 2009
So, this evening I went for dinner at a friends house. I took my bro and his buddy - both Americans - so that was three Americans at the dinner.

There was a bunch more people - most of which we had not met before. During dinner, I noticed a weird thing.

Bearing in mind, I live in England.... at the dinner were:

3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 French

1 German

1 Canadian

1 Englishman

Just struck me as weird... all those people - in the UK - and only one of us was actually born in England. :lol: England definitely has an immigration problem. :lol::lol:

So, this evening I went for dinner at a friends house. I took my bro and his buddy - both Americans - so that was three Americans at the dinner.

There was a bunch more people - most of which we had not met before. During dinner, I noticed a weird thing.

3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 French

1 German

1 Canadian

1 Englishman

Just struck me as weird... all those people - in the UK - and only one of us was actually born in England. :lol: England definitely has an immigration problem. :lol::lol:
So, did you conduct a poll to see how many of 'em were out looting and burning shit up these past couple o' weeks?

:eusa_whistle::cool:

• Banned

3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 French

1 German

1 Canadian

1 Englishman

So, did you conduct a poll to see how many of 'em were out looting and burning shit up these past couple o' weeks?

:eusa_whistle::cool:

:lol: My brother and his buddy were in London during one riot, so they came down to my place and we went into Bristol for dinner.... funny... another riot there! I blame him.... clearly trouble follows him around.

3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 French

1 German

1 Canadian

1 Englishman

Yet could identify nationality by what? evesdropping?

~S~

• Banned

3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 French

1 German

1 Canadian

1 Englishman

~S~

No, sweetie.... we all got introduced by our mutual friend - the English guy - it was at his house.

Idiot.

3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 French

1 German

1 Canadian

1 Englishman

~S~

No, sweetie.... we all got introduced by our mutual friend - the English guy - it was at his house.

Idiot.

fair enough CG

so, can we now assume you're an immigrant as well?

Thats nothing, I got invited to a soccer game in Los Angeles.

Two Americans.

70,000 Mexicans,

And they were all booing the American team

I was in Manhattan a few months back with my son. We took the train up, so we were mostly getting around town on the subways. At one point, we looked around at the crowded subway car we were riding and realized we were probably the only native English speakers present. Though it didn't seem like a problem to me. I though it was pretty cool actually.

I though it was pretty cool actually.
Why?

I dunno. One interesting bit is most of the people there were communicating with each other in (various qualities) of English. Sitting across from us was a Japanese exchange student helping an Italian family (who seemed to be on vacation) with their English phrase book.

I'm from the midwest, where everybody looks and talks pretty much the same. So it was really cool to be in such a cosmopolitan setting. All these people. from such diverse backgrounds, getting along in the same place. Maybe I'm still hanging on to romantic 'melting pot' notions. You think that's naive?

Why?

I dunno. One interesting bit is most of the people there were communicating with each other in (various qualities) of English. Sitting across from us was a Japanese exchange student helping an Italian family (who seemed to be on vacation) with their English phrase book.

I'm from the midwest, where everybody looks and talks pretty much the same. So it was really cool to be in such a cosmopolitan setting. All these people. from such diverse backgrounds, getting along in the same place. Maybe I'm still hanging on to romantic 'melting pot' notions. You think that's naive?

It's fun to be exposed to different cultures and languages.

Does it bode well for our country? Who knows. It hasn't brought great improvements to Europe and Britain, that's for sure.

so, this evening i went for dinner at a friends house. I took my bro and his buddy - both americans - so that was three americans at the dinner.

There was a bunch more people - most of which we had not met before. During dinner, i noticed a weird thing.

Bearing in mind, i live in england.... At the dinner were:

3 americans

2 south africans

2 zimbabweans

2 french

1 german

1 canadian

1 englishman

just struck me as weird... All those people - in the uk - and only one of us was actually born in england. :lol: England definitely has an immigration problem. :lol::lol:
honestly.....who gives a shit!!

3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 French

1 German

1 Canadian

1 Englishman

can you give me the number of one of the Zimbabweans? I have a long lost uncle there that says he left me some money......

Why?

if you would have been riding with a train full of loud,vulgar,filthy black apes you would not be feeling the same as you do...:eusa_eh:

if you would have been riding with a train full of loud,vulgar,filthy black apes you would not be feeling the same as you do...:eusa_eh:

Yeah, I get it. You're a racist and proud!

In fact, about half of them were black people. Not so much with the vulgar and fiithy though. Maybe they save that up for you, eh?

3 Americans

2 South Africans

2 Zimbabweans

2 French

1 German

1 Canadian

1 Englishman

can you give me the number of one of the Zimbabweans? I have a long lost uncle there that says he left me some money......

Sorry but his lawyer said he would place that in my bank account......

Forum List

Back