weird signs to start Fri. the 13th

Mr. P said:
Well hate to tell ya..but I don't think you're really salaried...

Check an see if you are considered an exempt or non-exempt employee..
That will tell the tale.. Looks to me like they just pay you
every 2 weeks for 40 hrs. x2. Not the same as a real salaried employee..
Check it out..

I'm salaried based on my position/grade. The pay is broken into 26 pay periods. When/if I work more than the arranged time, I get about $8/hour more than my standard pay.

The Goverment has a few categories of Pay, primarily "Wage Grade (WG)" and "General Schedule (GS)". WG positions are funded based on an hourly wage...GS are funded based on annual Salary. I'm GS.

:)

-=d=- said:
I'm salaried based on my position/grade. The pay is broken into 26 pay periods. When/if I work more than the arranged time, I get about $8/hour more than my standard pay.

The Goverment has a few categories of Pay, primarily "Wage Grade (WG)" and "General Schedule (GS)". WG positions are funded based on an hourly wage...GS are funded based on annual Salary. I'm GS.

:)

I thought GS grades went to comp time?

DKSuddeth said:
I thought GS grades went to comp time?
My organization does that a lot, because they already have my salary budgeted; comp time allows them to stay on budget, etc. The higher one gets in the GS scale, the less Overtime they get paid...I'm a GS11 now - by the time I make GS15, overtime is non-existant. I mean to say at least 'getting paid 'more' for overtime' is gone.

http://www.opm.gov/oca/04tables/indexGS.asp

So you are salaried, but not "exempt". That means you are entitled to overtime or some kind of "comp" time.

You'll notice - on the link you yourself provided - that it says HOURLY RATE. That's because we get paid hourly rates, though we do have an annual rate based on 26 80-hour pay periods.

gop_jeff said:
You'll notice - on the link you yourself provided - that it says HOURLY RATE. That's because we get paid hourly rates, though we do have an annual rate based on 26 80-hour pay periods.

We are hired and slotted and paid based on that Annual rate - assuming we complete the pay periods. The Link shows both the SALARY and the Hourly rates. :)

Moi said:
SOOOOOOOOO untrue! I've been trying to fire someone for a year....with all the evidence and remediation procedures you have to go through it's all but impossible. Meanwhile, the other members of my department are starting to show strains from having to do his work and be demoralized in the process watching him do nothing while they work.

What is it that you do?

I think that's such a shame, that a person that doesn't do the job satifactorily they were hired to do can't be gotten rid of. My (ex) father in law, ran a University print shop & had to hire a particular pressman because of 'certain rules' instead of a gentleman who was quite qualified for the job. He saw stuff like that all the time. Made him sick.

Forum List

Back