Weird Gun Crime in AZ Lately

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
We;re taking care of my mom here in Surprise, AZ (just north of Phoenix) for a week or so.The nearest WalMart is like seven miles away in an okay neighborhood. None of my mom's friends will go to it. Not even Mr. Super Gun Collector Guy up the street. Why? Robberies. Lots of them. Unlike most of the country, Arizona's economy hasn't improved at all during the last several months (e.g. we've gotten ZERO contracts from any of our clients here and the locals confirm it. Whereas our contracts in the rest of the country have skyrocketed).
The neighbors say the economy has a lot to do with tourism being WAY down (who'd a thunk AZ as being a tourist hotspot???). So the economy is bad and crime is up. But where you see the immigrants or whatever on CNN and the big stations, what you don't see is the white guys with guns who are robbing people here. It has been on the local FOX news channel but I haven't seen a big deal being made on national stations. Why? I dunno.

The robbers are targeting old people. These robbers are unique in that they are described as usually being white and almost always having holsters under their arm or on their belt. The only one who has been caught so far, actually had a license to carry a gun under his jacket. They're taking money, wallets, purses and sometimes cars (Buicks beware!). Some of the victims have later found their identities were compromised. One person has actually been killed when they tried to pull their own gun on a robber. Very sad.

WalMart in the land of retirees is the new crime central???? WTF? Seriously? I don't even know what to think about that one. We have come down to visit for years and I've never heard of anything like this.

We;re taking care of my mom here in Surprise, AZ (just north of Phoenix) for a week or so.The nearest WalMart is like seven miles away in an okay neighborhood. None of my mom's friends will go to it. Not even Mr. Super Gun Collector Guy up the street. Why? Robberies. Lots of them. Unlike most of the country, Arizona's economy hasn't improved at all during the last several months (e.g. we've gotten ZERO contracts from any of our clients here and the locals confirm it. Whereas our contracts in the rest of the country have skyrocketed).
The neighbors say the economy has a lot to do with tourism being WAY down (who'd a thunk AZ as being a tourist hotspot???). So the economy is bad and crime is up. But where you see the immigrants or whatever on CNN and the big stations, what you don't see is the white guys with guns who are robbing people here. It has been on the local FOX news channel but I haven't seen a big deal being made on national stations. Why? I dunno.

The robbers are targeting old people. These robbers are unique in that they are described as usually being white and almost always having holsters under their arm or on their belt. The only one who has been caught so far, actually had a license to carry a gun under his jacket. They're taking money, wallets, purses and sometimes cars (Buicks beware!). Some of the victims have later found their identities were compromised. One person has actually been killed when they tried to pull their own gun on a robber. Very sad.

WalMart in the land of retirees is the new crime central???? WTF? Seriously? I don't even know what to think about that one. We have come down to visit for years and I've never heard of anything like this.

Really?

State Department of Administration economists say seven of the 11 major sectors gained jobs, three lost jobs and one was flat.

Arizona had 42,600 more jobs in February than a year earlier.

Arizona unemployment rate remains at 8.7 percent - BusinessWeek

I live in Phoenix.

Really?

State Department of Administration economists say seven of the 11 major sectors gained jobs, three lost jobs and one was flat.

Arizona had 42,600 more jobs in February than a year earlier.

Arizona unemployment rate remains at 8.7 percent - BusinessWeek

I live in Phoenix.

Ah that's great news! The locals are all telling me the local economy is terrible! Of course, they're blaming Obama for this. Thanks! Can't wait to correct them!

Of course elder white people in Arizona think all their problems are obama's fault. These wee the awkward people who elect sheriff Joe over and over. They actually think he is keeping them safe.

They caught 4 dudes doing that here. They were black and hispanic.

Forum List

Back