Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Electricity goes out on island Obama is staying at:

Hawaii island of Oahu without power - Yahoo! News

Hawaii island of Oahu without power

By DAVID BRISCOE, Associated Press Writer
17 mins ago
HONOLULU – The island of Oahu lost power late Friday in the midst of heavy rain and lightning, leaving some 800,000 residents and thousands of tourists in the dark, as well as the neighborhood where President-elect Barack Obama is vacationing.

Residents were being advised by the power company and civil authorities to get to their homes and store water. Several radio stations were broadcasting emergency information.

Outgoing flights were grounded at Honolulu International Airport. A spokesman for the state Department of Transportation said airport generators were being restored so flights could resume.

Peter Rosegg, a spokesman for Hawaiian Electric Light, said the initial power hit at 6:45 p.m., knocking out electricity to most of the island. The rest of Oahu lost power two hours later as a second generator failed....

This poses a security risk and Obama and his family should be evacuated off of the island immediately. The number of loons out there that want to assassinate Obama is incredible. The Secret Service has to have its hands full and I worry that with their response to the shoe throwing incident, Obama may not be as safe as we wish.

Hang lose guys, he has lived on this Island and knows this shit happens from time to time.

Blackout hits Oahu, vacationing Obama - Yahoo! News
Blackout hits Oahu, vacationing Obama

OAHU, Hawaii — A thunder storm left most of the Hawaiian island of Oahu without power Saturday night. The blackout left about 800,000 residents and tourists — among them vacationing President-elect Barack Obama and his family — in the dark.

The blackout began when a lightning strike at 6:05 p.m. local time overloaded the system, knocking out several generators. The Obamas were then at their vacation home, having returned from the excursion the press had dubbed 'Waikiki-gate.' That house lost power at 8:08 p.m., and by 8:35 p.m., all 11 of the island's generators were out.

While the transition has yet to issue any statement about the blackout, Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann told reporters that he had contacted Obama at 9:30 p.m., and that the president-elect said everything was fine and he was going to bed to sleep through the outage. By that point, the Obamas had power supplied by a portable generator.
I see racist undertones.

This poses a security risk and Obama and his family should be evacuated off of the island immediately. The number of loons out there that want to assassinate Obama is incredible. The Secret Service has to have its hands full and I worry that with their response to the shoe throwing incident, Obama may not be as safe as we wish.

Hmmmm ............. they may throw surf boards instead of shoes!

Relax, the messiah is safe.........

Maybe Obama is redistributing the power with the less fortunate islands.

Hang lose guys, he has lived on this Island and knows this shit happens from time to time.

Where did you find links that Oahu has had time-to-time island wide blackouts during storms?

Here's the difference between Obama's life and mine...

Problem- electricty goes out in Hawaii
Solution - Go surfing

Problem - Electricty goes out in Maine
Solution - seek public emergency shelter immediately or risk freezing to death in your home.

They didn't defend Bush Jr, because nobody likes him any more. 75 percent of the country thinks that he's been a poor to the worst president ever.

STILL wish that dude would have broke Bush Jr.'s nose with a shoe though.

Valcanoes, earthquakes, tropical storms, limited power grid, it is kinda a no brainer.

Where did you find links that Oahu has had time-to-time island wide blackouts during storms?

I was born and raised in Oahu.. This is nothing new, no coincidence here keep moving.. :lol:

I was also caught in this blackout.. Power went out just before 7 last night, and was restored about an hour ago. According to the radio last night our local electric company HECO took generators out too the house Obama was staying at. The last blackout we had lasted closer to 48 hours, this one was about 16 hours, not too bad considering..

I was also caught in this blackout.. Power went out just before 7 last night, and was restored about an hour ago. According to the radio last night our local electric company HECO took generators out too the house Obama was staying at. The last blackout we had lasted closer to 48 hours, this one was about 16 hours, not too bad considering..

Come on, you're ruining the suspicion that Obama personally had something to do with this.

Forum List

Back