Weiner Resigns.

Steelplate

Bluesman
Apr 25, 2011
Central PA
He should have...

What pisses me off the most about is that he was a good Representative for the Progressive Caucus.

The whole situation saddens me, and no... it really doesn't matter if it was Weiner or anyone else. Why do some people allow themselves to become so cavalier when they achieve a position of power?

This isn't a left/right thing... it's a right/wrong thing. It wouldn't matter to me if it was a Democrat or Republican. Both sides are entrusted by the people to make good choices. We don't necessarily agree on those choices(politically speaking), but we expect our elected representatives to make GOOD ones... sound ones. Even if a choice turns out to be eventually incorrect, as long as a good choice was made is more important.

But this kind of thing is a poor choice... a selfish choice. These people are in OUR service and deserve to be held accountable when they betray the trust of the people.

That's why I still hold firm to Democracy and am so staunchly anti-Conservative. With Democracy, we can vote out people who don't do what's in the country's best interest. The Conservative Agenda of Bowing down to the private sector almost exclusively is one of folly. The Private Sector doesn't care about the Country's best interest, they don't care if their decisions cause suffering amongst their own people(let alone the rest of the world). They care about one thing and one thing only... Profit and money, and as long as the people in charge of those Private Sector Entities are doing that with brutal efficiency, they will never be "voted out".

Anyway... Weiner did the right thing by stepping down.

Forum List

Back