Weiner Mocks GOP For Defund NPR Bill

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008

$72 hours.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What struck me was the irony that Wiener should give enough of a shit to grandstand over an issue for which his Lib NYC consituants should be least interested.

In his district, NPR's programming should be able to find a great market, and be able to sustain itself quite easily. The main arguement against defunding NPR is that it would eliminate its programming in rural areas where there would be NO OPTIONS.

As usual, an unintelligent and childish spectacle. The guy's a joke.

Unintelligent? Childish? He makes a point that there are far more important issues that Congress needs to be focused on. Especially if a emergency session is going to be called.

For example, an audit posted online this week by the Defense Department's inspector general found that the Pentagon overpaid by as much as $200 million on military contracts worth $2.7 billion. How many hearings have been held with seriously trying to rein down wasteful or fraudulent spending in the defense sector?

There is also the issue of the GOP not waiting 72 hours when it comes to the bill. If they're not willing to wait 72 hours on the smaller issues such as these, can we trust them on the larger ones? He raises a valid point.

I didn't like it when Obama broke a similar promise, and I sure as hell don't like it now when the GOP did the same.

There is also the issue of the GOP not waiting 72 hours when it comes to the bill. If they're not willing to wait 72 hours on the smaller issues such as these, can we trust them on the larger ones? He raises a valid point.

I didn't like when Obama broke a similar promise, and I sure as hell don't like it now when the GOP did the same.

Shouldn't smaller issues take less time to contemplate?

Yes, he's fucking childish.

When he doesn't get to reframe any given question asked to the way he'd ask it of himself (i.e. he doesn't get to spin his way out) and is pressed to answer the question as asked, he stands there looking around, whistling and rolling his eyes.

Somehow or another, he makes Al Fraken look statesmanlike.

DIE QUICKLY !!!

SPLAIN PLEASE MODBERT ?

The left thinks that spending tax money creates jobs. It didn't, and won't. But by not giving money, our money to NPR, that money could go to rebuilding bridges and roads.

or, shocking as this may be.

Pay down some of the debt.

I know this is a challenge for some, but we have $14 trillion in debt. Any cut, any where is helpfull.

fyi; It's unconstitutional for us to give them money. It's not the only thing, But the left proves time and time again that it doesn't mean anything to them.

I'm guessing Weiner is looking at his term in Congress as an audition for Comedy Central.

SPLAIN PLEASE MODBERT ?

What's there to explain?

At CPAC 2010, GOP Leader John Boehner outlined the Republican Congressional Transparency Initiative and said "reform has to be an ongoing process. If I'm the Speaker next year, were going to get the reform movement moving again in the United States Congress. One of my first orders of business would be to post every bill online for at least 72 hours before it comes to the floor of the House for a vote."

Breaking such a promise is just as bad as when Obama broke the following promise:

"will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days."

The left thinks that spending tax money creates jobs. It didn't, and won't. But by not giving money, our money to NPR, that money could go to rebuilding bridges and roads.

I know this is a challenge for some, but we have $14 trillion in debt. Any cut, any where is helpfull.

fyi; It's unconstitutional for us to give them money. It's not the only thing, But the left proves time and time again that it doesn't mean anything to them.

It's difficult to take posts like these seriously if you're only willing to blame one side for our country's problems.

SPLAIN PLEASE MODBERT ?

What's there to explain?

At CPAC 2010, GOP Leader John Boehner outlined the Republican Congressional Transparency Initiative and said "reform has to be an ongoing process. If I'm the Speaker next year, were going to get the reform movement moving again in the United States Congress. One of my first orders of business would be to post every bill online for at least 72 hours before it comes to the floor of the House for a vote."

Breaking such a promise is just as bad as when Obama broke the following promise:

"will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days."

ok that's what i figured, thanks

Is your point Boehner is as big an idiot as Obama?

If so, then you didn't really need the defunding NPR bill as an excuse.

I heard this morning that the bill means local stations can't buy shows from anyone...except FOX. Pretty funny stuff.

It's difficult to take posts like these seriously if you're only willing to blame one side for our country's problems.

pfft

Did you read the thread starter before you posted it?

You put Wiener up as some kind of champion of the world, when he's the whinest little bitch in DC.

And I'm one sided? :lol::lol::lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back