Weiner: GOP Is 'Wholly Owned Subsidiary Of The Insurance

The unions own the democrats.

"Democrats have developed to a fine art the bureaucracy of governing. The power base of the Democratic Party has always been labor unions. As the unions demanded or extorted greater benefits from industries, American jobs were outsourced to foreign countries and the Democrats blamed the greedy Republicans for America’s loss of jobs.

This loss of jobs in America also resulted in a loss of union membership and Democratic campaign contributions. These campaign contributions by unions kept Democrats in power."

Democrats are owned by unions and bureaucrats | www.toacorn.com | Thousand Oaks Acorn

so put that in your weiner and smoke it!!!!!!

...the whole 'tort reform' argument is bogus and has zip, zero, nada, zilch to do with health care.

So says the lawyer.

-TSO

And all lawyers are pigs at the trough? Most lawyers hate the bottom feeders in the industry as much as anyone else. We could rid the world of ambulance chasers and make the other 98% of the legal community very, very happy indeed.

Actually they are. All the lawyers who do malpractice, personal injury and so on are against tort reform. Hell, Jillian is against tort reform, and she's barely a lawyer.

Ahh now that would depend on the details of the tort reform wouldn't it?
Kinda misleading to group all tort reform together.

Ahh now that would depend on the details of the tort reform wouldn't it?
Kinda misleading to group all tort reform together.

You're right.
I am for tort reform that would discourage frivolous lawsuits and punish those who file them looking for a payoff.
The lawyers want the opposite.

So says the lawyer.

-TSO

And all lawyers are pigs at the trough? Most lawyers hate the bottom feeders in the industry as much as anyone else. We could rid the world of ambulance chasers and make the other 98% of the legal community very, very happy indeed.

Actually they are. All the lawyers who do malpractice, personal injury and so on are against tort reform. Hell, Jillian is against tort reform, and she's barely a lawyer.

Now that is good. :rofl:

You keep doing what you're doing. You provide nothing in the way of facts, logic, insight or credible arguments, but many valuable hours of foam-flecked mindless entertainment. :clap2:

Weiner: GOP Is 'Wholly Owned Subsidiary Of The Insurance Industry'
The Republican Party is "a wholly owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) charged on the House floor. When Republican Rep. Dan Lungren (Calif.) objected to the accusation and took the extraordinary step of asking that Weiner's "words be taken down," Weiner pushed back.

"You really don't want to go here, Mr. Lungren," Weiner said. Asking that words be taken down is a move on the House floor that is rarely made and carries great weight.

Weiner, after a pause, asked to have his words withdrawn and said he'd substitute new ones. "Make no mistake about it. Every single Republican I have ever met in my entire life is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Weiner clarified.

Somehow, that failed to satisfy Lungren, who asked that those too be taken down. After a long pause, before the chair ruled, Lungren withdrew his request.

:clap2::clap2:Go get em Anthony! He is a true Progressive! Imagine him as Speaker!

I saw the clip this morning. Weiner was fantastic!!! He really had the nerve to speak out. Bravo!!!

$imagesCALW2OAS.jpgstupid repubs.jpg

The monetary benefits from tort reform are miniscule...a drop in the bucket. AKA...a joke.

Get a GRIP Right-Wingers.

The monetary benefits from tort reform are miniscule...a drop in the bucket. AKA...a joke.

Even if the savings were zero it would be worthwhile to make our justice system actually work.
But the law of unintended consequences suggests there are lots of benefits. And every state that has enacted reform has seen premiums go down.
So your premise is wrong.

Actually, I would support tort reform if done right and as a small part of a package that would cut overall costs. But the devil is always in the details, and it's a very fine line to walk between curbing the bottom feeders who abuse the system and preventing people who have actually been harmed from receiving just compensation.

The health and malpractice insurers as well as Pharma are a much, much bigger part of the problem, but the suits brought by the bottom feeders give their greed a veneer of legitimacy. They and the bottom feeding ambulance chasers may push and shove at the trough, but at the end of the day they need each other. One to have a living at all and the other to justify selling more product at higher prices.

What a crock of shit that is. Democrats own the insurance industry en masse. How many more Dems will flock to jobs in the insurance industry? The insurance industry is clearly part of the Democrat machine. Go do some home work before you LIE in your own thread.

Which party was it that bribed AARP (which sells Medigap insurance) in the House bill?

Which party was it that padded the AMA for their endorsement of the House bill?

In the pocket of BigInsurance indeed. :rolleyes:

Even if the savings were zero it would be worthwhile to make our justice system actually work.
But the law of unintended consequences suggests there are lots of benefits. And every state that has enacted reform has seen premiums go down.
So your premise is wrong.
Boy, h ave your talking points been chipped away at today.

Anyway, was it not Texas where Tort Reform was carried out and seen to have dismal results?

Like most other RW memes...it just. doesn't. work.

Actually, I would support tort reform if done right and as a small part of a package that would cut overall costs. But the devil is always in the details, and it's a very fine line to walk between curbing the bottom feeders who abuse the system and preventing people who have actually been harmed from receiving just compensation.

No proposal has ever had the effect of denying people who were legitimately hurt any kind of just compensation. What the proposals did do was to cap "pain and suffering" at some reasonable level. Any actual damage would still be allowed to be compensated at unlimited amounts.

No proposal has ever had the effect of denying people who were legitimately hurt any kind of just compensation. What the proposals did do was to cap "pain and suffering" at some reasonable level. Any actual damage would still be allowed to be compensated at unlimited amounts.

Unlike you, I haven't studied every tort reform proposal ever made. :eusa_whistle:

I remember several proposals made at the State level in various places that ranged from prohibiting punis, to capping pain and suffering, to eliminating contingencies for legal fees, to only allowing compensatory damages to be awarded when the bills had already been paid. Some of these I might support, some are just plain crazy. All of them mess with either the concept of the jury system or with free enterprise in some way, but a certain amount of regulation is sometimes needed to curb abuses. It all depends on the details. /shrug

Democrat Jim Roosevelt. Roosevelt is the Chief Executive of Tufts Health Plan

Stunning how stupid people are AND vote, amazing. Run around thinking the media and Democrats are telling them the truth.

Do your homework before speaking.............

2 decades of being an attorney and that's 'barely a lawyer', you wacko?

you know, it pains me to share anything with you, pretend 'rabbi', including my religion.

On the other hand, I'd like to thank you for single-handedly disproving the stereo-type that all jews are intelligent.

I can sure tell by young leftys posts he truly is young and maybe a bit short on the history of the United States of America. I can't give you a full lesson on American history in this short forum so I will just say that the most important obligation as a federal representative is honesty and your hero Anthony is probably the most dishonest man in DC. If you continue to tolerate out and out lying and distortion to spew from your political heroes it will eventually come back to bite you hard.

Your friendly neighborhood leftest that you praise today will be your enemy one day if you continue to tolerate their lies. Once they have acquired all the power they desire they will use it on you, they will lie and say it's good for you but it's really only good for them. They will lie and lie and lie, do you know why? because folks like young lefty let them lie as long as their target was the folks lefty hates it's fine say anything, lie your ass off.

Leftys not afraid of these liars because their on his team, well they are today anyway.

LOL

So apparently you don't like the left so do you support the right??

Any republican who has come out and dishonestly tried to claim that any of the healthcare legislation put forward thus far is an attempt to have the government take over the healthcare industry is LYING. Do you support them despite of their dishoensty??

What "lie" are you referring to??

Today during the summit I believe it was the republican coburn of OK and he was referring to the doughnut hole in the prescription drug plan. He said something along the lines of how he didn't want to use taxpayer dollars to close the doughnut hole because people can buy supplimental insurance to cover them for that time, which funnels money to insurance companies who provide this coverage, and that if they can't afford it then they will be subsidized by taxpayer dollars to purchase the supplimentary coverage, which funnels taxpayer dollars to the insurance companies to fill the hole coburn said he didn't want to close with taxpayer dollars. LOL so coburns answer was to let the insurance companies profit off the doughnut hole using some taxpayer dollars all because coburn doesn't want to close the whole using taxpayer dollars. LOL seems to me that this would fit the description of "wholly owned subsidiary of the insurance industry."

you know, it pains me to share anything with you, pretend 'rabbi', including my religion.

On the other hand, I'd like to thank you for single-handedly disproving the stereo-type that all jews are intelligent.

We dont share the same religion, if that's any comfort to you.
And there is no way you have been a lawyer for 2 decades. Maybe you've played one on TV. Maybe you've swept their offices out at night.
And in any case, your post has nothing to do with the topic at hand. This seems to be a failing of yours very frequently. Have you been checked for Alzheimers?

We dont share the same religion, if that's any comfort to you.
And there is no way you have been a lawyer for 2 decades. Maybe you've played one on TV. Maybe you've swept their offices out at night.
And in any case, your post has nothing to do with the topic at hand. This seems to be a failing of yours very frequently. Have you been checked for Alzheimers?

really? so you pretend to be a rabbi and a jew? cool. i'm relieved.

as for the rest...babble on, bubbalah. you have no clue how stupid you sound. :thup:

but near as i can tell, you're nothing more than a schoolyard bully who can't argue a simple point so you lash out at anyone who shows you up.... which is pretty much everyone.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back