Weiner: GOP Is 'Wholly Owned Subsidiary Of The Insurance

Paleeze. The trial lawyers, the insureance and pharma lobbyists pay them all. Both parties.

Anyone who doesn't know that is definetly in la la land. Money talks and Dems and Reps all listen. Jeeze.

The Republican Party is "a wholly owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) charged on the House floor.

I think it's a mistake for Democrats to keep hammering on this. We already know Republicans are on the side of corporations over the American people. It's not like they hide it, Au contraire, they celebrate it.

Look at the right on this board. Applauding the giving of citizens rights to corporations.

Look at the last administration, moving as much of the tax burden as possible from corporations to the middle class. Enabling companies to move American jobs overseas.

Republicans cry foul at unions, who only make up 12% of the labor force in all America. Yet have no problem with corporations throwing unlimited money into elections or making dirty air or water.

You can't scream "egg layer" to a chicken. The chicken just says "thanks".

Screaming that Republicans are in bed with corporations over and over again doesn't work, they will just say "thanks". It not like it's a secret.

Dean answer me a question.....is the Democratic party in bed with any industries that seem to own them?.....i know take your time....you have to find a way to put a spin on it to make it look like its not as bad as the Republicans,and therefore its somehow ok.....

if this country would LIMIT how much someone spends on a campaign.....we would not be having this conversation....someone spending 7 hundred million dollars to secure a 2 hundred thousand dollar a year job is pretty suspect as far as i am concerned....and this is the person we would elect to manage the publics money?......as far as i am concerned,everyone gets X amount of dollars to spend in a specified time before the election.....if they run out....oh well.....if they try to exceed it....they are eliminated from the race...

Weiner: GOP Is 'Wholly Owned Subsidiary Of The Insurance Industry'
The Republican Party is "a wholly owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) charged on the House floor. When Republican Rep. Dan Lungren (Calif.) objected to the accusation and took the extraordinary step of asking that Weiner's "words be taken down," Weiner pushed back.

"You really don't want to go here, Mr. Lungren," Weiner said. Asking that words be taken down is a move on the House floor that is rarely made and carries great weight.

Weiner, after a pause, asked to have his words withdrawn and said he'd substitute new ones. "Make no mistake about it. Every single Republican I have ever met in my entire life is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Weiner clarified.

Somehow, that failed to satisfy Lungren, who asked that those too be taken down. After a long pause, before the chair ruled, Lungren withdrew his request.

:clap2::clap2:Go get em Anthony! He is a true Progressive! Imagine him as Speaker!

Anthony is a great guy. I don't agree with him on every issue, but he's a man of conviction.

What's he been convicted of?

So is he apparently. Most of his lobbyist cash came from those same "Evil" Insurance Companies. Yet another slimy little hypocrite outed. This guy is exactly what's wrong with our Government. Just another liar.

The Republican Party is "a wholly owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) charged on the House floor.

I think it's a mistake for Democrats to keep hammering on this. We already know Republicans are on the side of corporations over the American people. It's not like they hide it, Au contraire, they celebrate it.

Look at the right on this board. Applauding the giving of citizens rights to corporations.

Look at the last administration, moving as much of the tax burden as possible from corporations to the middle class. Enabling companies to move American jobs overseas.

Republicans cry foul at unions, who only make up 12% of the labor force in all America. Yet have no problem with corporations throwing unlimited money into elections or making dirty air or water.

Screaming that Republicans are in bed with corporations over and over again doesn't work, they will just say "thanks". It not like it's a secret.

It's a known fact that the Greatest Fraud in America's History is MARXIST Muslim PC Protector Obami Salami AND that he and his OUTER LIMIT Left Base of whackjobs represented by Move On. Org., Daily Kos, Media Matters, Puffington Post etc., etc., are the employees of The Maestro THE ULTIMATE LEFTY George Soros, the Multi Billionaire.

And, that this Corrupt Slime shares the power over the DEM PARTY with the EQUALLY CORRUPT MONOLITHIC Black Racist CONGRESSIONAL CAUCUS which controls the MONOLITHIC ~13% of the population of America i.e., the MONOLITHIC Black Racist VOTE. Consider practically ALL the elections: THE OVERWHELMING NUMBER OF THEM ARE WON BY LESS THAN 10%.

The Corrupt Dem Party knows this.

The Corrupt MONOLITHIC Black Racist CONGRESSIONAL CAUCUS knows this.

And the Corrupt MONOLITHIC Black Racist CONGRESSIONAL CAUCUS takes advantage of this.

In contrast to the well oiled and organized DEMS, these OBVIOUS FACTS are not general knowledge of the American Public.However, gradually America is waking up to the fact that we are about to be wiped out by the GREATEST FRAUD IN AMERICA'S HISTORY.......The MARXIST Muslim PC Protector Obami Salami and his hapless albeit poisonous stooges.

Please note the usually predictable vomit by the Obamarrhoids using blanket ejaculations without SPECIFICALLY and SUCCESSFULLY refuting any one of the IRREFUTABLE FACTS or statements by yours truly.

Ummm, not sure exactly what you are saying. By your post, you must be about 12 or 13?
So you are saying blacks control the world or something?

Actually, the Republican party is like 95% white and Christian. There is a name for that. Can you think of what that name is? How does that compare to the Democratic party? When you have answered those questions, please review your post and see if you can come to a different conclusion.

Dean answer me a question.....is the Democratic party in bed with any industries that seem to own them?.....i know take your time....you have to find a way to put a spin on it to make it look like its not as bad as the Republicans,and therefore its somehow ok.....

The Republicans health care plan covers 3 million, maybe.

The Democratic plan covers 30 million.

Democrats call for rebuilding America, helping the Middle Class and so on.

What to Republicans support? Making corporations US citizens? War? Why the huge difference in perception?

An awful lot of Weiner's lobbyist cash came from the Insurance Lobby. He is a slimy little hypocrite. Nuff said.

Paleeze. The trial lawyers, the insureance and pharma lobbyists pay them all. Both parties.

Anyone who doesn't know that is definetly in la la land. Money talks and Dems and Reps all listen. Jeeze.

You're right. And the current system feeds them all from the same trough. They ALL have a vested interest in keeping things exactly as they are. With perhaps a few minor tweaks here and there disguised as reform but really designed to increase their hold on their spoils.

Which is why we can't get a remotely decent, workable bill from the D's, and the R's will simply vote NO en masse for anything that's put in front of them. Neither party has the balls or the integrity to buck their cash cows.

"Let me rephrase my words..."

CLASSIC!!!

standing-ovation-0907-lg.jpg

Standing Ovation to you and yours sir. Well done sir, well done!!!

* :clap2: * :clap2: * :clap2: * :clap2: * :clap2: 8:clap2: * :clap2: * :clap2: *

Well, Lefty, you sure seem to be a bomb thrower. You constantly regurgitate posts from over at the Ed Shultz forums, start a thread, and disappear with nothing more than a one liner comment. Nice job.

So let's look at who has bought and paid for Representative Weiner, shale we? Here are the top 20 industries that he has accepted money from for his campaign last year...

link

Real Estate $82,400
Lawyers/Law Firms $22,100
Securities & Investment $19,675
Health Professionals $12,000
Telecom Services & Equipment $11,600
TV/Movies/Music $9,700
Agricultural Services/Products $9,600
Retired $8,800
Democratic/Liberal $8,700
Misc Business $7,200
Education $7,100
Building Trade Unions $6,200
General Contractors $6,000
Electric Utilities $5,800
Lobbyists $5,800
Transportation Unions $5,500
Food & Beverage $5,000
Electronics Mfg & Services $4,800
Misc Finance $4,800
Public Sector Unions $4,450

Wow, in the top 4 you've got Lawyers, Wall Street, and Doctors. It appears your hero is a hypocrite.

-TSO

Democrats call for rebuilding America (aka government paid union jobs) , helping the Middle Class (aka tax the rich) and so on.

What to Republicans support? Making corporations US citizens? (aka supporting first amendment rights) War? (aka the same wars the Democrats have been funding and approving since 2006) Why the huge difference in perception?

I suppose the same question can be asked of you...why the difference in perception?

-TSO

Wait... where are the insurance companies getting all this money to not only throw at congressmen, but to give out such obscene bonuses to executives? :evil: I wonder....

Well, Lefty, you sure seem to be a bomb thrower. You constantly regurgitate posts from over at the Ed Shultz forums, start a thread, and disappear with nothing more than a one liner comment. Nice job.

So let's look at who has bought and paid for Representative Weiner, shale we? Here are the top 20 industries that he has accepted money from for his campaign last year...

link

Real Estate $82,400
Lawyers/Law Firms $22,100
Securities & Investment $19,675
Health Professionals $12,000
Telecom Services & Equipment $11,600
TV/Movies/Music $9,700
Agricultural Services/Products $9,600
Retired $8,800
Democratic/Liberal $8,700
Misc Business $7,200
Education $7,100
Building Trade Unions $6,200
General Contractors $6,000
Electric Utilities $5,800
Lobbyists $5,800
Transportation Unions $5,500
Food & Beverage $5,000
Electronics Mfg & Services $4,800
Misc Finance $4,800
Public Sector Unions $4,450

Wow, in the top 4 you've got Lawyers, Wall Street, and Doctors. It appears your hero is a hypocrite.

-TSO

since I know Anthony and he's a VERY stand-up guy (agree with him or not) I'm wondering what of those things you think is substantial enough to unduly influence his views on health care. just wondering.

And please don't say the measley 22,000 from lawyers (my donations to him would be listed as having come from a a lawyer) ... the whole 'tort reform' argument is bogus and has zip, zero, nada, zilch to do with health care.

Last edited:
GOP is bought and paid for

Their position on healthcare was written by the insurance industry. Why else such a desperate fight against optional Govt coverage?

which demoncwat was it said "we don't want tort reform cause it would upset the trial lawyers." Oh! yes,, that would be nasty old Howard Dean. Trial lawyers, and the unions own your soul.

Primary source of the quote, please. A video of Dr. Dean speaking these words - nothing less.

GOP is bought and paid for

Their position on healthcare was written by the insurance industry. Why else such a desperate fight against optional Govt coverage?

which demoncwat was it said "we don't want tort reform cause it would upset the trial lawyers." Oh! yes,, that would be nasty old Howard Dean. Trial lawyers, and the unions own your soul.

Primary source of the quote, please. A video of Dr. Dean speaking these words - nothing less.

Google is your friend. :)

“The reason tort reform is not in the [health care] bill is because the people who wrote it did not want to take on the trial lawyers in addition to everybody else they were taking on. And that’s the plain and simple truth,”

link

-TSO

...the whole 'tort reform' argument is bogus and has zip, zero, nada, zilch to do with health care.

So says the lawyer.

-TSO

And all lawyers are pigs at the trough? Most lawyers hate the bottom feeders in the industry as much as anyone else. We could rid the world of ambulance chasers and make the other 98% of the legal community very, very happy indeed.

Forum List

Back