Weiner calls "Fox and Friends" on health care "lies"

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Anthony Weiner Calls 'Fox & Friends' On Health Care 'Lies' (VIDEO)

Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) took the hosts of "Fox & Friends" to task on their show Tuesday morning, criticizing the ongoing Fox campaign to "lie" and spread "disinformation" about health care reform.

After co-host Steve Doocy asked why Democrats whose districts oppose health reform should vote for it, Weiner turned the question back on the shocked-jocks:

Anthony Weiner: We should be honest about something here: On programs like this, there's been an enormous amount of disinformation about what's in the bill. An enormous amount.

Brian Kilmeade: Well, that's according to you. (pause) I mean, that's what you think is --

AW: Look, I -- I think there has been an orchestrated effort in a lot of quarters to lie about the bill. We went through --

Steve Doocy: What are we -- what are we lying about?

AW: Well, don't take it -- don't personalize it, programs like -- I said programs like yours.

BK: Don't be so defensive, Steve!
Story continues below

AW: Let me ask you something.

BK: "Like" yours!

SD: I can get this guy in a headlock!

AW: Let me ask you something. Did anyone talk about "death panels" on this show in the last six months. Of course. Okay, that was a lie. That was a lie. (crosstalk) The only -- the point that I'm making here, gentlemen, is that you can't simply put your finger up in the air and say, "What do people want?" For one thing, when people ask about "the bill" -- there hasn't even been "a bill" until now.

WATCH:

Death panels are a lie, which of course is why President Obama was telling the people that we need to start making a decision on whether grandma should get treatment or just be given pain killers for the rest of her life. Because clearly, no government official is going to make a decision not to treat the elderly... right.

Have you ever heard of a Living Will?
Insurance would be required to pay for the consultation about the pros and cons of a Living Will.
That's what cons twisted to call a death panel.

I love it when Dems stand up for ObamaCare and its draconian Medicare cuts and Eugenicists Ezekiel Emanuel's "Complete Lives System"

I LOVE IT!!!

Death panels are a lie, which of course is why President Obama was telling the people that we need to start making a decision on whether grandma should get treatment or just be given pain killers for the rest of her life. Because clearly, no government official is going to make a decision not to treat the elderly... right.

Sarah Palin said it before Obama:

Healthcare Decisions Day

WHEREAS, Healthcare Decisions Day is designed to raise public awareness of the need to plan ahead for healthcare decisions, related to end of life care and medical decision-making whenever patients are unable to speak for themselves and to encourage the specific use of advance directives to communicate these important healthcare decisions. WHEREAS, in Alaska, Alaska Statute 13.52 provides the specifics of the advance directives law and offers a model form for patient use.

WHEREAS, it is estimated that only about 20 percent of people in Alaska have executed an advance directive. Moreover, it is estimated that less than 50 percent of severely or terminally ill patients have an advance directive.

WHEREAS, it is likely that a significant reason for these low percentages is that there is both a lack of knowledge and considerable confusion in the public about Advance Directives.

WHEREAS, one of the principal goals of Healthcare Decisions Day is to encourage hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, continuing care retirement communities, and hospices to participate in a statewide effort to provide clear and consistent information to the public about advance directives, as well as to encourage medical professionals and lawyers to volunteer their time and efforts to improve public knowledge and increase the number of Alaska's citizens with advance directives.

WHEREAS, the Foundation for End of Life Care in Juneau, Alaska, and other organizations throughout the United States have endorsed this event and are committed to educating the public about the importance of discussing healthcare choices and executing advance directives.

WHEREAS, as a result of April 16, 2008, being recognized as Healthcare Decisions Day in Alaska, more citizens will have conversations about their healthcare decisions; more citizens will execute advance directives to make their wishes known; and fewer families and healthcare providers will have to struggle with making difficult healthcare decisions in the absence of guidance from the patient.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Sarah Palin, Governor of the state of Alaska, do hereby proclaim April 16, 2008, as:

Healthcare Decisions Day in Alaska, and I call this observance to the attention of all our citizens.

--------------------------------

Do you guys practice?

The Medicare cuts will get rid of waste, not the benefits to patients.
They did not need 2400 pages of a bloated bill the majority of Americans do not want, just to get rid of the waste, fraud and abuse in Medicare and Medicaid. This is nothing more than cover for the Dems so they can continue to ram this bill through. The entire bill is nothing more than a way for the govt to control more of our lives. When they control our health, they control us. You may want cradle to grave govt control....I do not.

Anthony Weiner Calls 'Fox & Friends' On Health Care 'Lies' (VIDEO)

Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) took the hosts of "Fox & Friends" to task on their show Tuesday morning, criticizing the ongoing Fox campaign to "lie" and spread "disinformation" about health care reform.

After co-host Steve Doocy asked why Democrats whose districts oppose health reform should vote for it, Weiner turned the question back on the shocked-jocks:

Anthony Weiner: We should be honest about something here: On programs like this, there's been an enormous amount of disinformation about what's in the bill. An enormous amount.

Brian Kilmeade: Well, that's according to you. (pause) I mean, that's what you think is --

AW: Look, I -- I think there has been an orchestrated effort in a lot of quarters to lie about the bill. We went through --

Steve Doocy: What are we -- what are we lying about?

AW: Well, don't take it -- don't personalize it, programs like -- I said programs like yours.

BK: Don't be so defensive, Steve!
Story continues below

BK: "Like" yours!

SD: I can get this guy in a headlock!

AW: Let me ask you something. Did anyone talk about "death panels" on this show in the last six months. Of course. Okay, that was a lie. That was a lie. (crosstalk) The only -- the point that I'm making here, gentlemen, is that you can't simply put your finger up in the air and say, "What do people want?" For one thing, when people ask about "the bill" -- there hasn't even been "a bill" until now.

WATCH:

wow...what's unfortunate is that he never answered Steve's question. And it was a good one.

That weener guy is a real spin doctor!!! Still would have liked for him to have answered the original question before he went on his planned attack of FOX. It's not obvious or anything that the only reason he took the interview was to say exactly what he said regardless of the question(s) he was asked.

It's funny that the only "lie" he could think of was the death panel thing...which was only out of place by it's technical term. You can't really call it a lie when there was a proposed board that would decide what, if any, treatment would be allowed to be covered by insurance for late stage terminally ill patients. Call it whatever you want...but make sure you understand that no matter what term you use, it was there. And then, when it was challenged, it was removed. Mission accomplished....thanks Sarah!!!

Sarah Palin said it before Obama:

Healthcare Decisions Day

WHEREAS, Healthcare Decisions Day is designed to raise public awareness of the need to plan ahead for healthcare decisions, related to end of life care and medical decision-making whenever patients are unable to speak for themselves and to encourage the specific use of advance directives to communicate these important healthcare decisions. WHEREAS, in Alaska, Alaska Statute 13.52 provides the specifics of the advance directives law and offers a model form for patient use.

WHEREAS, it is estimated that only about 20 percent of people in Alaska have executed an advance directive. Moreover, it is estimated that less than 50 percent of severely or terminally ill patients have an advance directive.

WHEREAS, it is likely that a significant reason for these low percentages is that there is both a lack of knowledge and considerable confusion in the public about Advance Directives.

WHEREAS, one of the principal goals of Healthcare Decisions Day is to encourage hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, continuing care retirement communities, and hospices to participate in a statewide effort to provide clear and consistent information to the public about advance directives, as well as to encourage medical professionals and lawyers to volunteer their time and efforts to improve public knowledge and increase the number of Alaska's citizens with advance directives.

WHEREAS, the Foundation for End of Life Care in Juneau, Alaska, and other organizations throughout the United States have endorsed this event and are committed to educating the public about the importance of discussing healthcare choices and executing advance directives.

WHEREAS, as a result of April 16, 2008, being recognized as Healthcare Decisions Day in Alaska, more citizens will have conversations about their healthcare decisions; more citizens will execute advance directives to make their wishes known; and fewer families and healthcare providers will have to struggle with making difficult healthcare decisions in the absence of guidance from the patient.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Sarah Palin, Governor of the state of Alaska, do hereby proclaim April 16, 2008, as:

Healthcare Decisions Day in Alaska, and I call this observance to the attention of all our citizens.

--------------------------------

Do you guys practice?

that's a brown cow in a herd of Jersey's. They ARE cows, but not the same kind. But you gave it a try.

Last edited:
They did not need 2400 pages of a bloated bill the majority of Americans do not want, just to get rid of the waste, fraud and abuse in Medicare and Medicaid. This is nothing more than cover for the Dems so they can continue to ram this bill through. The entire bill is nothing more than a way for the govt to control more of our lives. When they control our health, they control us. You may want cradle to grave govt control....I do not.
Who suggested that the entire bill was about Medicare? Cons don't comprehend well.

Insurance would be required to pay for the consultation about the pros and cons of a Living Will.

I've heard of a living will...worked out great for Mary Schiavo didn't it? But that's not what was being discussed here. It may have been worded to sound like it, but the subtle differences are there. Nonetheless, it must have been significant enough for them to remove it.

Fail.
That isn't the source of the death panel. The source is that the bill (whatever version we're talking about) will inevitably end up rationing care to control the exploding costs the bill will engender. Rationing care means who lives and who dies, decided by a bureaucrat. This is the inevitable result of any of the bills under consideration.

Weiner sounds like a real Weener. When asked a reasonable question--don't you represent the people who elected you and are opposed to this bill?--he deflects it and lies about misinformation and then can't back it up. No wonder Jillian is his friend.

Too bad Doocy didn't get a chance to ask AW about Mr. President's "lies" - like abortion funding, 47 million "Americans" vs. 30 million, premiums will go down, Medicare won't be cut, ....

And on another note: clock is ticking. How much of the "fraud and waste" in Medicare have they eliminated since this frickin bombshell?

None. They won't. The issue of fraud and waste is a red herring. Who could be for fraud and waste? No one. SO this bill stamps out fraud and waste so you must be for it.
In fact the bill will probably increase fraud and waste, not having any incentives against it.

:lol::lol::lol: You do realize, don't you, that what you people are suggesting is that we put the same people in charge of our entire medical system, who have already allowed a HALF TRILLION dollars of Medicare "waste" and done nothing about it?

And you wonder why most Americans don't trust the government to manage their healthcare. :lol:

wow...what's unfortunate is that he never answered Steve's question. And it was a good one.

That weener guy is a real spin doctor!!! Still would have liked for him to have answered the original question before he went on his planned attack of FOX. It's not obvious or anything that the only reason he took the interview was to say exactly what he said regardless of the question(s) he was asked.

It's funny that the only "lie" he could think of was the death panel thing...which was only out of place by it's technical term. You can't really call it a lie when there was a proposed board that would decide what, if any, treatment would be allowed to be covered by insurance for late stage terminally ill patients. Call it whatever you want...but make sure you understand that no matter what term you use, it was there. And then, when it was challenged, it was removed. Mission accomplished....thanks Sarah!!!

"Spin doctor" is putting it mildly. Politely even. :lol:

The Dems have a couple of "Big Lies" they'd like to deposit into the public psyche. And this accusation that their bill has been maligned by Republicans is one of them. Weiner's a good candidate for carrying the message because he's a fast talker who deflects well when he's asked a direct question. Note that when pushed to the mat, all he could come up with is this lame "Death Panel" response, but in terms of doing the job he was sent for, depositing their "the opposition is lying" meme... mission accomplished.

The fact is... the American people have a good understanding of that bill. And we don't want it. Which leads us to one of their other "Big Lies"... that Republicans agree with 85% of the proposed legislation. It's a flat out WHOPPER. We do NOT agree with 85% of that bill. We do NOT agree with a government-run "exchange", or individual mandates, or employer mandates, and a host of other things.

You cannot take a big ole pile of crap, put a cherry on top, and then expect it to be palatable to people who don't eat shit. :cuckoo:
But they believe they can convince us that their pile 'o crap is actually "bipartisan" by virtue of mainstreaming their Big Lie that Republicans actually agree with it, and by perching that cherry on top we'll all be encouraged to grab a spoon and dig in. :rolleyes:

The entire Dem strategy hinges upon mainstreaming their chosen narrative.... trying to make people believe that Republicans are "obstructionists" and that "tea-partiers" are an extremist fringe. Frankly, they've only gotten as far as they have because of the political apathy of average Americans, which, until recently, has allowed them to control the dialog, affixing their own labels to anyone and anything as they please. Just this week, we see them endeavoring to replace the words, "Nuclear Option" and "Reconciliation" with "Simple Majority". :rolleyes:

Deep down in their hearts, they believe we're stupid. But what they've mistaken for stupidity was merely inattentiveness. America is waking up now. And we're watching.

Forum List

Back