Weekly Reader

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Weekly Reader has polled school children during Presidential election years since 1956. The results have been inline with the outcome of the true election every time except once. This year, they chose.....

George Bush 2 to 1. Kerry won the 10th grade and Maryland but that is it!

of course, this is not scientific, but they have a pretty good record of getting it right! however, the only time they were wrong was in 1992. They picked Bush Sr. and we know who ended up winning.....

The funny thing about this is most kid's have some common sense until they reach voting age and the common sense slips right out the door!

khafley said:
The funny thing about this is most kid's have some common sense until they reach voting age and the common sense slips right out the door!

Common sense is a gift....not a given.

KarlMarx said:
Common sense isn't

LOL - my sentiment exactly. If there was such a thing as "common" sense, then a lot more people would have it - and if they did, there would be far fewer liberals in this country.

Most kids tend to reflect, especially at earlier ages, what their parents are for. I think although it is not scientific, it is still a good indication for simply that reason as to who may win. As you said, it has picked the winner since 1956 all but one time. Lets hope that one time remains the case after Tuesday. I think it will.

so 66% went for Bush? nice. i hope the adult population is evey more concrete.

The real question is whether or not the little Kerry voters planned to turn the country into turmoil with little lawyers if Kerry lost.

The storm of obfuscation about to be released by the party of lawyers will make those hurricanes look like chopped liver. (No offense to anyone hit by the hurricanes.)

Flying Duck said:
The real question is whether or not the little Kerry voters planned to turn the country into turmoil with little lawyers if Kerry lost.

The storm of obfuscation about to be released by the party of lawyers will make those hurricanes look like chopped liver. (No offense to anyone hit by the hurricanes.)

Not really. I think teh real questions whether ot not the Kerry voters plan to turn the country into turmoil when Kerry loses:) I think it will be a large enough victory margin that they wont even bother if they are smart and dont want to look stupid.

If they do they are going to try to make the Bush reelection as illigitmate, which would only convince their die hard Bush hating base. And all they have left is an impeachment attempt, unlikely without supports of both house legislative houses and without a crime. Last option is open rebellion. We have people like Bully here who are going to utilize that option.

Forum List

Back