Weekly Jobless Claims Rise for Fourth Straight Week

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
New U.S. claims for unemployment benefits rose last week for the fourth straight week, which could heighten concerns the labor market recovery is softening.
At the same time, a second reading on U.S. gross domestic product showed the economy expanded at an annualized rate of 1.9% in the first quarter, in line with economists' estimates, but slower than an initial estimate of 2.2%.
Initial claims for state unemployment benefits rose 10,000 to a seasonally adjusted 383,000, the Labor Department said on Thursday.
The prior week's figure was revised up to 373,000 from the previously reported 370,000. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast claims unchanged last week.

Read more: Weekly Jobless Claims Rise for Fourth Straight Week | Fox Business

Not good news for democrats

Largely the result of uncertainty about the future of the global economy I feel. Plus, job market in US remains weak. That being said, the economic future for the Us looks brighter over the short term than in Europe.

Largely the result of uncertainty about the future of the global economy I feel. Plus, job market in US remains weak. That being said, the economic future for the Us looks brighter over the short term than in Europe.

I agree. We look better than Europe does but we're still only the best looking horse in the slaughter house.

New U.S. claims for unemployment benefits rose last week for the fourth straight week, which could heighten concerns the labor market recovery is softening.
At the same time, a second reading on U.S. gross domestic product showed the economy expanded at an annualized rate of 1.9% in the first quarter, in line with economists' estimates, but slower than an initial estimate of 2.2%.
Initial claims for state unemployment benefits rose 10,000 to a seasonally adjusted 383,000, the Labor Department said on Thursday.
The prior week's figure was revised up to 373,000 from the previously reported 370,000. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast claims unchanged last week.

"Bush's fault." - Barry 0bama

Jobs report and UE rate come out tomorrow. I'm not predicting good news.

Double dip recession? Hopefully just an overcorrection to what I considered an under reporting earlier in the year. I'll be interested in your take tomorrow.

Fellow readers, pinqy usually gets his facts straight on these topics. Listen carefully.

You mean, not good news for Americans, don't you?

I'm surprised that you nutters can type given how you are trembling with excitement at the possibility that the employment numbers might be bad.

Got your champagne ready? Assholes.

LoneLaughingBoy believes the jobs numbers are just fine... That's what his handlers told him to believe... No bit of reality will sway him from his appointed and scripted replies..

Unicorns and rainbows!

I'm surprised that you nutters can type given how you are trembling with excitement at the possibility that the employment numbers might be bad.

Got your champagne ready? Assholes.

Excitement? You realize that this just means more burden falls onto the shoulders of the working correct? That Obama has picked flawed policies and kept us in a recession even longer. Yippie.

I've lost count of how many times unemployment claims went up "unexpectedly" over the last few years. The only reason they act surprised is because the media and the left have been trying to make everyone believe things are getting better. Those pesky statistics keep ruining their story.

Jobs report and UE rate come out tomorrow. I'm not predicting good news.

I'm sure they can remove enough people from the pool to bring the UE number down...

Ok, please explain how that works. What does the pool consist of, how are people removed, and how do you think it should really work? My understanding was always that people were in our out of the labor force based on their own actions, but you seem to be saying that it's more arbitrary. Please explain in as much detail as you can. Thanks

its only going to get worse, but when polls in October see a massive landslide and a President Romney,,,we pretty much know what to expect in the stock market that week. And can u just imagine all of those dusty help wanted signs going back up in store fronts all over america on November 8th? or 9th.

New Topics

Forum List

Back