Weekend Vacation; Dial-up connection death

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Thurday morning my wife and I dropped our kids with my mother, and drove for a few days motoring on Washington State's Olympic Penninsula. Our Bed and Breakfast was in a city named "Sequim, WA" (Pronounced 'skwim'). The folks at Red Caboose Bed and Breakfast were quite hospitable. Just after registration, the owner - Olaf, came out to look at the 8. First thing he said was 'I love how those back doors work!' After showing him around the car for a bit, we parked next to caboose #2 - Before I got the bags out, Olaf walked up and asked to peer under the hood.

rx8caboose2.jpg

Inside - not 'nice' but fun for sure.
caboose2.jpg

The feeling of being without the kids is pretty amazing - you parents reading may know what I mean. We didn't have to plan anything. We had time to simply do everything or nothing we chose. No cutting up food for a todler, no having to listen to a 6 year old whine about 'are we there yet'.

We drove around the Bay, and found a very nice, quite boat launch.

The dumbest sign I've seen - placement wise. This was at the BOTTOM of a huge wall/cliff area - can be seen in the photo of my car. I'm thinking, this sign was placed here sort of as a way to rub it in, to those who may have fallen. :) It'd be better served at the TOP of that cliff, where the fence is.
fallingsign.jpg

rx8boatramp2.jpg

My wife making an obscene jesture :)

rx8boatramp1.jpg

Taken at John Wayne Marina - (Yes, THAT John Wayne)

johnwaynemarinasign2.jpg

marinaboats.jpg

One of my favourite shots...

rx8sunset.jpg

Oh DEER!

ohdeer.jpg

What's more fun than a wine-tasting :)

rx8winery.jpg

rx8winery2.jpg

Sadly, we had to head home Saturday - These were taken along Hwy101 - those in Oregon or CA would know this road...runs along the 'Pacific Coast'...and is a 'highway' hehe

rx8foggyroad.jpg

rx8incar.jpg

crescentlate.jpg

You really take good pictures Darin. They're always such fun to look at.

But I'm curious, do you WASH that car before every shot? ... :cof:

Being a technician, it's nice to see someone take care of their vehicle. So many don't give a damn. Get in, turn key, go.

Pale Rider said:

Being a technician, it's nice to see someone take care of their vehicle. So many don't give a damn. Get in, turn key, go.

:) Thanks!

I keep a "California Duster" in the car - but mostly, it's the choice of colour - Silver does a great job, espcially in photos, of looking clean, when it's not.

:D

-=d=- said:
:) Thanks!

I keep a "California Duster" in the car - but mostly, it's the choice of colour - Silver does a great job, espcially in photos, of looking clean, when it's not.

:D

Yup... I was going mention, I can't keep my truck that clean, even if I wash it once a week. But then... it's WHITE.

I like the white. It's nice when it's clean, but one little sprinkle of rain and it's filthy. :(

Pale Rider said:

I was thinking the same thing...."Pretty in Silver" must be a proud papa!
Then again any serious car collector knows ya stay away from silver,black and red...they fade the fastest and take the most maintenance....! :teeth:

archangel said:
I was thinking the same thing...."Pretty in Silver" must be a proud papa!
Then again any serious car collector knows ya stay away from silver,black and red...they fade the fastest and take the most maintenance....! :teeth:

how does silver fade? lol...Silver takes the LEAST amount of work...as far as I can judge. :D

Forum List

Back