CDZ Weekend Loneliness

As a retired person, every day is like any other. So, no weekend loneliness here. I love every day. Never really experienced loneliness. I spent 15 days in the AZ desert last year, entirely alone. I loved it. Must be different for others.
Me too- this weekend kept messing me up- for instance my oldest son came to get me to go with him to run some errands and I told him I was having a hard time wrapping my head around it being Sunday by name since every day is Sunday for me- LOL- but, I am looking forward to February 7th because DirtVision will have its first World of Outlaws broadcast of 2020 :) I enjoy being alone so I don't guess I can qualify for being lonely- oh, just an FYI I envy your desert trip. I LOVE the desert! If you haven't tried it, read some Zane Grey novels about the desert-
I’ve read Zane Grey, but it’s been awhile. I’ll check him out

51-6QuwHVDL.SX316.SY316.jpg

Reading this at the moment. Surprising how many classics he wrote. All set in Apache country.

The agony of weekend loneliness: ‘I won't speak to another human until Monday’

On Saturday morning, Peter got up and went to the supermarket. He carried his shopping home, and took care of his laundry and ironing. In the afternoon, he browsed a few record stores and later he cooked himself dinner; always something adventurous on a Saturday night. Afterwards, he hit Netflix. And in all those hours, in common with many of Peter’s Saturdays, not to mention his Sundays, he had no meaningful interaction with another human being. “The only person I spoke to,” he says, “was the lady who came over to verify my bottles of beer at the supermarket self-checkout.”

I found this article a bit sad in some ways. Life doesnt just flow in an orderly fashion and sometimes we end up in places without realising why.

I am 25 years married this time around but two of our kids have left home now and the house feels a bit empty. Having said that its nice not to have their debris everywhere and I dont miss being a taxi service.

I have been running through a list of my friends and wondering if I should make more of an effort. I think I should in a couple of cases. Loneliness should be a choice really.
So this guy is so pathetic that he can't get off his ass and do something between Friday evening and Monday morning?

On Saturday morning, Peter got up and went to the supermarket. He carried his shopping home, and took care of his laundry and ironing. In the afternoon, he browsed a few record stores and later he cooked himself dinner; always something adventurous on a Saturday night. Afterwards, he hit Netflix. And in all those hours, in common with many of Peter’s Saturdays, not to mention his Sundays, he had no meaningful interaction with another human being. “The only person I spoke to,” he says, “was the lady who came over to verify my bottles of beer at the supermarket self-checkout.”

I found this article a bit sad in some ways. Life doesnt just flow in an orderly fashion and sometimes we end up in places without realising why.

I am 25 years married this time around but two of our kids have left home now and the house feels a bit empty. Having said that its nice not to have their debris everywhere and I dont miss being a taxi service.

I have been running through a list of my friends and wondering if I should make more of an effort. I think I should in a couple of cases. Loneliness should be a choice really.
So this guy is so pathetic that he can't get off his ass and do something between Friday evening and Monday morning?
Oh so compassionate and empathetic.

Oh so compassionate and empathetic.
I have no compassion for people who do nothing then whine about it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

A little alone time can be refreshing, but it ain't found around here on the weekends.

Forum List

Back