Week 8 Picks Sure To Go Wrong!

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
Thursday, Oct. 23
San Diego Chargers vs. Denver Broncos; Tough call, could be a let down from Broncos win and Manning's record and the Chargers going be hurtin from their loss, but Denver should win.
Sunday, Oct. 26
Detroit Lions
vs. Atlanta Falcons (London); Lions roar in Brit. Home or Away, Atlanta is bad.
St. Louis Rams vs. Kansas City Chiefs; Rams run out of trick plays.
Houston Texans vs. Tennessee Titans; Houston gets a win
Minnesota Vikings vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers; Bucs get a rare win.
Seattle Seahawks vs. Carolina Panthers; No trick plays, Hawks win.
Baltimore Ravens vs. Cincinnati Bengals; Tigers roar.
Miami Dolphins vs. Jacksonville Jaguars; Battle for Florida supremacy.
Chicago Bears vs. New England Patriots; Pats win
Buffalo Bills
vs. New York Jets; Harvin or not, Jets lose.
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Arizona Cardinals; Cards D wins.
Oakland Raiders vs. Cleveland Browns; Browns stung last week, not this week.
Indianpolis Colts vs. Pittsburgh Steelers; Steelers get no Luck.
Green Bay Packers vs. New Orleans Saints; Aaron gets another win.
Monday, Oct. 27
Washington Redskins vs. Dallas Cowboys; Redskins need lots of help, Cowboys won't give it to them.

Bye teams: New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers

Last edited:
The Broncos are going to win 13 or 14 games, then totally fuck up and get blown out or upset in the playoffs.

You just know it.

You can count on Peyton Manning throwing a gazillion TD passes in the regular season, then totally choke when it really matters the most.

The Broncos are going to win 13 or 14 games, then totally fuck up and get blown out or upset in the playoffs.

You just know it.

You can count on Peyton Manning throwing a gazillion TD passes in the regular season, then totally choke when it really matters the most.

With the way the Broncos D has been playing, it may not matter. They might be able to win despite a bad Manning playoff game.

I'm taking Minnesota and Baltimore; otherwise I agree.

Looks like we will tie this week. Some wild games.

That's an understatement! The points were absolutely flying around this week. 500+ yards and 6 td passes from Big Ben against Indy? 5 td passes, 3 to Gronk, for Brady? Seattle barely able to beat a Panthers team which has looked like a shell of itself this year? Detroit pulling off the 21 point comeback over Atlanta? The 2-4 Saints being the team to derail a Packers club that was looking like world-beaters? Just craziness.

I'm just hoping the Niners have gotten at least a big healthy over the bye week!

That's an understatement! The points were absolutely flying around this week. 500+ yards and 6 td passes from Big Ben against Indy? 5 td passes, 3 to Gronk, for Brady? Seattle barely able to beat a Panthers team which has looked like a shell of itself this year? Detroit pulling off the 21 point comeback over Atlanta? The 2-4 Saints being the team to derail a Packers club that was looking like world-beaters? Just craziness.

I'm just hoping the Niners have gotten at least a big healthy over the bye week!

I couldn't believe the Detroit game. I had been watching it, and Detroit was getting their butts kicked. Then I went to do something and when I checked back, they had won the game! I was like, what in the hell happened? :lol:

This is the reason why it's BOGUS when people get upset for a team supposedly "running up the score."

I couldn't believe the Detroit game. I had been watching it, and Detroit was getting their butts kicked. Then I went to do something and when I checked back, they had won the game! I was like, what in the hell happened? :lol:

This is the reason why it's BOGUS when people get upset for a team supposedly "running up the score."

The running up the score argument is legitimate, I think, when a team does something like the Pats did a few years back, going for it on 4th down when up by a whole bunch already.

Go ahead and keep scoring as normal, absolutely! But really, why go for it on 4th if you're up by 21?

The running up the score argument is legitimate, I think, when a team does something like the Pats did a few years back, going for it on 4th down when up by a whole bunch already.

Go ahead and keep scoring as normal, absolutely! But really, why go for it on 4th if you're up by 21?

Because you never know if the other team is going to catch up and even beat you, as clearly demonstrated in the Detroit game. Besides, the name of the game is to score points. You don't just stop scoring to save the other teams' feelings. :) That is silly. This is competition. If you get romped, then you have only your team to blame.

Because you never know if the other team is going to catch up and even beat you, as clearly demonstrated in the Detroit game. Besides, the name of the game is to score points. You don't just stop scoring to save the other teams' feelings. :) That is silly. This is competition. If you get romped, then you have only your team to blame.

Yeah, but going on 4th down is giving the other team a better shot at scoring if you fail. This is particularly true when you are in FG range (as, again, I think the Pats were in my example). In that situation, I think you should take the points. Unless a team is in that iffy range, just too long for a FG but short enough that punting seems counter-productive, I think going for it on 4th down when leading by a lot is just trying to be a dick. ;) Or maybe getting some real game experience in if you're playing backups; that I'm OK with! :D

Yeah, but going on 4th down is giving the other team a better shot at scoring if you fail. This is particularly true when you are in FG range (as, again, I think the Pats were in my example). In that situation, I think you should take the points. Unless a team is in that iffy range, just too long for a FG but short enough that punting seems counter-productive, I think going for it on 4th down when leading by a lot is just trying to be a dick. ;) Or maybe getting some real game experience in if you're playing backups; that I'm OK with! :D

Maybe they do it because they think they can. :D I like that. I want all teams to play to their full potential. That is what makes games exciting. It would totally suck if a team said, "alright, we've scored enough points now, let's take it easy."

Big Ben almost single handedly won my fantasy game this week. That's reason enough to run up the score.

:lol:

Maybe they do it because they think they can. :D I like that. I want all teams to play to their full potential. That is what makes games exciting. It would totally suck if a team said, "alright, we've scored enough points now, let's take it easy."

But every team does exactly that, in 99% of games that they go up big. The playcalling becomes conservative, they run the ball and milk the clock, they don't take chances which could possibly lead to the opponents getting a morale boost. They play backups to rest and avoid injuries to starters, etc. etc.

I'm not saying that if a team goes up big in the first quarter they should just lay back, but once you hit the fourth, if you are up by 3+ scores, yeah, it's a good time to think long term. ;)

Simple Atlanta looked the score board after the first half and didn't think they needed to play the second half.

Top 10 college teams do it all the time, especially the SEC.

But every team does exactly that, in 99% of games that they go up big. The playcalling becomes conservative, they run the ball and milk the clock, they don't take chances which could possibly lead to the opponents getting a morale boost. They play backups to rest and avoid injuries to starters, etc. etc.

I'm not saying that if a team goes up big in the first quarter they should just lay back, but once you hit the fourth, if you are up by 3+ scores, yeah, it's a good time to think long term. ;)

Denver pulled Manning in the forth quarter...just saying.

We'll have to disagree about that. I think the teams should always play to their full potential. Yes, they can pull players and put in substitutions and do things like that if they choose, but they don't have to.

Do you complain when it's your team that runs up the score? :D Probably not.

Forum List

Back