Week 14 of the 2016 NFL Football Season

... and viewership is down 27%

Eh.....what? Probably more to due to the lousy economy and high ticket prices.
I think it's more of the absolute shitty announcers they have calling the games. I quit watching the weekly games if the Chiefs aren't in them after watching the first Monday night game. Add to that the asinine rules changes they keep making and the replay nonsense and it all adds up to a boring game to watch.

Agree to a point...Troy Aikman is the worst homer announcer on TV. He should be banned from any Dallas Cowboy game. No announcer should be allow to call any game where he/they played for one of the teams playing. Another grip I have are TV talking heads commenting on teams they formal played for.

... and viewership is down 27%

Eh.....what? Probably more to due to the lousy economy and high ticket prices.
I think it's more of the absolute shitty announcers they have calling the games. I quit watching the weekly games if the Chiefs aren't in them after watching the first Monday night game. Add to that the asinine rules changes they keep making and the replay nonsense and it all adds up to a boring game to watch.

I agree that the recent rule changes have hurt the game.....let them play the game and let the referees mark the spot. Its a rough contact sport but in a few years all the players will be wearing skirts.

Thursday Nite Football was a boring defensive game with lots of mistakes and the Chiefs won a close game that was ugly.

Having beaten the Raiders twice this year the Chiefs deserve to be the AFC Champs however ugly it was.

Raiders become the wild card team with Denver.

On to my picks :

Oakland vs KC - This could go either way, the Raiders just seem like the team with that extra something right now
Minnesota vs Jax - The Jags were supposed to be a good team this year. What happened?
Washington vs Philly - Looks like the illusion of the Eagles has been shattered
Denver vs Tenn - The Titans should keep this close, I think the Broncos just squeak by
Houston vs Indy - The Colts ride the momentum of their blowout over the Jets
Arizona vs Miami - Despite the 7-5 record, I just don't trust the Phins
Chicago vs Detroit - The Bears don't have my crappy Niners to beat up on this week
San Diego vs Carolina - This is a toss up. Two teams that can't seem to get it together
Pitt vs Buffalo - The Steelers are making a playoff push
Cinci vs Cleveland - Anyone but the Browns
NY Jets vs San Fran - Two of the worst 3 teams in the league. I'll go homer pick
Atlanta vs LA - The move didn't make the Rams good, and they'll stay mediocre with Fisher for 2 more years
Seattle vs GB - This might be close, especially with Thomas out for the season
New Orleans vs Tampa - Are the Bucs going to find a way into the playoffs?
Dallas vs NY Giants - The Cowboys keep winning
Baltimore vs NE - The Ravens are pretty good, but the Pats are the Pats
I like these picks much better !!!

Not a good start on the Oakland/Kansas City game.

Week 14 of the 2016 NFL Football Season

Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs ...could decide the AFC West
Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills ...Steelers move into first place with this win and the Raven lost to NE
San Diego Chargers at Carolina Panthers ...SD is one of the mysteries of the league
Cincinnati Bengals at Cleveland Browns...no mystery here, with RGIII help the Browns continue their quest for the #1 pick
Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions ...Lions roll over the hapless Bears at home
Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts ...I think the Colts win the AFC South as Houston fades
Minnesota Vikings at Jacksonville Jaguars...Jacksonville sucks...oh and the Vikings are proving they do too.
Arizona Cardinals at Miami Dolphins...Miami fights for the 2nd wild card and Arizona fails to make the playoffs
Washington Redskins at Philadelphia Eagles ...Two teams who are going to watch the playoff on TV.
New Orleans Saints at Tampa Bay Buccaneers ...Defenseless NO face upsurging TB
Denver Broncos at Tennessee Titans ...Who will quarterback the Broncos? Doesn't matter...Titans at home
New York Jets at San Clara 49ers ...Quarterback problems plague the Jets and a coaching staff unable to motive a very lackluster team this past Monday
Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers...The question for Seattle is who will show up...the team that beat Carolina or the team who lost to TB.
Atlanta Falcons at Los Angeles Rams...Falcon might be missing Jones but don't worry they will still prevail as LA coach Fisher is booted after another lost
Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants ...Upset...maybe...maybe not
Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots...with or without Gonkowski the Pats prevail at home, but closer than the 7 point spread.

11-4 for the week and 116-75 for the year
As a Detroit fan I worry about the packers even though we are 2 games up. We have to play the giants cowboys and packers and the packers have 2 easy games coming up then us last game of the season.

Forum List

Back