Week 12 NFL Picks

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
May 4, 2009
A Picturesque Apocalypse
football-thanksgiving.jpg

Thu Nov 22
12:30 pm Chicago Bears Detroit Lions - Even with Trubisky out, I'll go with the Bears. Kerryon Johnson is hurt for the Lions, and they need him against this defense
4:30 pm Washington Redskins Dallas Cowboys - Too many important injuries for the Skins. Alex Smith got hurt after the offensive line lost multiple starters
8:20 pm Atlanta Falcons New Orleans Saints - This is just the sort of divisional game that could be a trap for the Saints....but no, they'll beat Atlanta

Sun Nov 25
1:00 pm Cleveland Browns Cincinnati Bengals - AJ Green is supposed to play
1:00 pm Jacksonville Jaguars Buffalo Bills - Jacksonville has the defense to take this game
1:00 pm Miami Dolphins Indianapolis Colts - Colts are surging
1:00 pm New England Patriots New York Jets - A get right game for the Pats
1:00 pm New York Giants Philadelphia Eagles - I just can't see the Giants winning 3 in a row
1:00 pm Oakland Raiders Baltimore Ravens - Can the Ravens continue to win with Jackson playing running back/quarterback? Against the Raiders, yes
1:00 pm San Francisco 49ers Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Two bad teams. I feel the Niners are in less disarray.
1:00 pm Seattle Seahawks Carolina Panthers - Tough one to call. I'll give the Panthers the home edge
4:05 pm Arizona Cardinals Los Angeles Chargers - Chargers are a much better team than the Cards
4:25 pm Pittsburgh Steelers Denver Broncos - The Steelers are too much for the Broncos
8:20 pm Green Bay Packers Minnesota Vikings - Packers can't seem to quite get going. Vikings win at home

Mon Nov 26
8:15 pm Tennessee Titans Houston Texans - Similar to the Saints/Falcons game, this could be a bit of a trap for the Texans. Unlike that other game, I think the Titans get the upset divisional win. These teams are closer (when the Titans aren't playing like total garbage) than the Saints and Falcons.

I think Dallas would rather have faced Alex Smith. Hated to see him go down like that but Colt McKoy poses more problems for them. I'll go with the Skins and the Packers I think Rodgers is due for one of those games.

football-thanksgiving.jpg

Thu Nov 22
12:30 pm Chicago Bears Detroit Lions - Even with Trubisky out, I'll go with the Bears. Kerryon Johnson is hurt for the Lions, and they need him against this defense
4:30 pm Washington Redskins Dallas Cowboys - Too many important injuries for the Skins. Alex Smith got hurt after the offensive line lost multiple starters
8:20 pm Atlanta Falcons New Orleans Saints - This is just the sort of divisional game that could be a trap for the Saints....but no, they'll beat Atlanta

Sun Nov 25
1:00 pm Cleveland Browns Cincinnati Bengals - AJ Green is supposed to play
1:00 pm Jacksonville Jaguars Buffalo Bills - Jacksonville has the defense to take this game
1:00 pm Miami Dolphins Indianapolis Colts - Colts are surging
1:00 pm New England Patriots New York Jets - A get right game for the Pats
1:00 pm New York Giants Philadelphia Eagles - I just can't see the Giants winning 3 in a row
1:00 pm Oakland Raiders Baltimore Ravens - Can the Ravens continue to win with Jackson playing running back/quarterback? Against the Raiders, yes
1:00 pm San Francisco 49ers Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Two bad teams. I feel the Niners are in less disarray.
1:00 pm Seattle Seahawks Carolina Panthers - Tough one to call. I'll give the Panthers the home edge
4:05 pm Arizona Cardinals Los Angeles Chargers - Chargers are a much better team than the Cards
4:25 pm Pittsburgh Steelers Denver Broncos - The Steelers are too much for the Broncos
8:20 pm Green Bay Packers Minnesota Vikings - Packers can't seem to quite get going. Vikings win at home

Mon Nov 26
8:15 pm Tennessee Titans Houston Texans - Similar to the Saints/Falcons game, this could be a bit of a trap for the Texans. Unlike that other game, I think the Titans get the upset divisional win. These teams are closer (when the Titans aren't playing like total garbage) than the Saints and Falcons.
Happy Thanksgiving!
I like most of your picks.

Turkey Day games
Bears at Kitties --- Hope Kitties can pull out a win, but really doubt it. Bears on the road.
Skins at Cowpies --- Alex Smith out, but Dallas hasn't exactly been lighting up the boards either. Cowpies with home field advantage.
Failcons at Saints --- Failcons will get run over by a runaway Saints train.

Sunday games
Browns at Bengals --- Bengals at home.
Jags at Bills --- Hard to believe both teams were in playoffs last year. Jags on the road.
Fish at Colts --- Colts playing very well now.
Pats at Jets --- Can't picture the Jets winning this game.
Jints at Iggles --- Eagles aren't out of the running for their division yet. Skins are in trouble and Cowpies aren't that great either. Jints at a game behind aren't out of it either , but more likely to play a spoiler role. Iggles at home.
Raiders at Ravens --- Ravens better turn it up a notch if they want to stay in the wildcard conversation. Ravens at home.
Whiners at Succaneers --- Guess I'll go with the Succs on this one.
Seachix at Panthers --- Good matchup. Panthers at home.
Cards at Chargers --- Chargers should win easily.
Steelers at Broncos --- Steelers better on both sides of the ball.
Pukers at Vikings --- Vikes at home.

Monday night game
Titans at Texassans --- I'll go with the Texassans at home.

So the Skins didn't deserve to win, but at the end of the game the Cowboys linebacker drove the crown of his helmet straight into Jordan Reed's face mask as he was going for a catch. If you aren't going to call that, then get rid of the penalty altogether. That's the kind of play where guys break their neck.

Always go with Lions and Cowboys on Turkey day.

?

Always go with the bears vs lions on thanksgiving..

No Trubisky…...if Stafford can keep from throwing game away....decent shot. Know all the stats, seen Detroit pull enough upsets on this day...….Dallas has winning record on Thanksgiving day....if they're underdogs the better the payout
Unfortunately, Stafford couldn't keep from throwing the game away. No upsets today...

GB and Minnesota going at it and no one seems to care! It's the 4th quarter with the Vikings leading by 10 and dominating the Pack's offensive line with a couple sacks! :102: :19: :aargh::321:

GB and Minnesota going at it and no one seems to care! It's the 4th quarter with the Vikings leading by 10 and dominating the Pack's offensive line with a couple sacks! :102: :19: :aargh::321:

well the only team i follow is mt Rams and they did not play this week but i was happy to hear the pukers lost,cannot stand that team.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving weekend.

Turkey Day games
Bears at Kitties --- Hope Kitties can pull out a win, but really doubt it. Bears on the road. --- Check
Skins at Cowpies --- Alex Smith out, but Dallas hasn't exactly been lighting up the boards either. Cowpies with home field advantage. --- Check
Failcons at Saints --- Failcons will get run over by a runaway Saints train. --- Check

Sunday games
Browns at Bengals --- Bengals at home. --- Nope. Get an upset Browns win on the road.
Jags at Bills --- Hard to believe both teams were in playoffs last year. Jags on the road. --- Nope. Bills win at home.
Fish at Colts --- Colts playing very well now. --- Check.
Pats at Jets --- Can't picture the Jets winning this game. --- Check
Jints at Iggles --- Eagles aren't out of the running for their division yet. Skins are in trouble and Cowpies aren't that great either. Jints at a game behind aren't out of it either , but more likely to play a spoiler role. Iggles at home. --- Check.
Raiders at Ravens --- Ravens better turn it up a notch if they want to stay in the wildcard conversation. Ravens at home. --- Check. I bet Flacco is gone next year.
Whiners at Succaneers --- Guess I'll go with the Succs on this one. --- Check.
Seachix at Panthers --- Good matchup. Panthers at home. --- Nope. Panthers fuck it up again.
Cards at Chargers --- Chargers should win easily. --- Check
Steelers
at Broncos --- Steelers better on both sides of the ball. --- Nope. Upset of the week.
Pukers at Vikings --- Vikes at home. --- Check.

Monday night game
Titans at Texassans --- I'll go with the Texassans at home. --- Check.
11-4 this week.

Turkey Day games
Bears at Kitties --- Hope Kitties can pull out a win, but really doubt it. Bears on the road. --- Check
Skins at Cowpies --- Alex Smith out, but Dallas hasn't exactly been lighting up the boards either. Cowpies with home field advantage. --- Check
Failcons at Saints --- Failcons will get run over by a runaway Saints train. --- Check

Sunday games
Browns at Bengals --- Bengals at home. --- Nope. Get an upset Browns win on the road.
Jags at Bills --- Hard to believe both teams were in playoffs last year. Jags on the road. --- Nope. Bills win at home.
Pats
at Jets --- Can't picture the Jets winning this game. --- Check
Jints at Iggles --- Eagles aren't out of the running for their division yet. Skins are in trouble and Cowpies aren't that great either. Jints at a game behind aren't out of it either , but more likely to play a spoiler role. Iggles at home. --- Check.
Raiders at Ravens --- Ravens better turn it up a notch if they want to stay in the wildcard conversation. Ravens at home. --- Check. I bet Flacco is gone next year.
Seachix at Panthers --- Good matchup. Panthers at home. --- Nope. Panthers fuck it up again.
Steelers
at Broncos --- Steelers better on both sides of the ball. --- Nope. Upset of the week.

Monday night game
11-4 this week.

9-6 for me. How disappointing are the Jags this year? The Texans could win out with their schedule, although I'm still iffy about their chances in the playoffs. The Pats won a game they should have, but will they be able to beat the good teams when it counts? They are not the juggernaut they have been in the past. It looks like time to pick against the Bengals every week.

Turkey Day games

Sunday games
Pats
Steelers

Monday night game
11-4 this week.

9-6 for me. How disappointing are the Jags this year? The Texans could win out with their schedule, although I'm still iffy about their chances in the playoffs. The Pats won a game they should have, but will they be able to beat the good teams when it counts? They are not the juggernaut they have been in the past. It looks like time to pick against the Bengals every week.
The Jags have been very disappointing this year. To go from a Super Bowl contender to cellar dweller the next season is very odd. How the hell did they fall apart like that?

The Texans do look really good. I thought last year that they could be really good but for all the injuries they had. I think they should be able to compete in the playoffs. They are probably on a par with the Steelers and Chargers, maybe even the Pats. I don't think they could keep up with the Chefs though.

The Pats are a good team, but their record over the years has been inflated by playing in a crap division. They have a couple tough games remaining on their schedule. They have to play the Vikings at home this week, and the Steelers in Pittsburgh in a couple weeks. They have beaten some good teams this year including the Texans, Chefs, and Bears. They have also lost to teams they should have beaten. I think they are vulnerable this year.

The Bungles? Yeah, they look done. They might beat the Raiders, but I doubt they beat anyone else on their schedule.

Turkey Day games

Sunday games
Pats
Steelers

Monday night game
11-4 this week.

The Jags have been very disappointing this year. To go from a Super Bowl contender to cellar dweller the next season is very odd. How the hell did they fall apart like that?

The Texans do look really good. I thought last year that they could be really good but for all the injuries they had. I think they should be able to compete in the playoffs. They are probably on a par with the Steelers and Chargers, maybe even the Pats. I don't think they could keep up with the Chefs though.

The Pats are a good team, but their record over the years has been inflated by playing in a crap division. They have a couple tough games remaining on their schedule. They have to play the Vikings at home this week, and the Steelers in Pittsburgh in a couple weeks. They have beaten some good teams this year including the Texans, Chefs, and Bears. They have also lost to teams they should have beaten. I think they are vulnerable this year.

The Bungles? Yeah, they look done. They might beat the Raiders, but I doubt they beat anyone else on their schedule.

I think it's harder to maintain a dominant defense in today's NFL than it was in the past, and the Jaguars were only contenders because of their defense. When it doesn't dominate, they are hard-pressed to do anything.

The only team the Texans have beaten that has a winning record is the Colts. The Texans don't make the schedule, they play who the league decides they will play...but I just find it hard to trust them. On the other hand, they have beaten some teams with pretty good defenses, so maybe they'll surprise me in the playoffs.

I was really hoping the 49ers could be competitive this year. I wasn't expecting a Super Bowl, or even a playoff appearance, but I thought they could be close in games, maybe have an outside chance of getting to the playoffs. Injuries have hurt a lot, but the rest of the team just hasn't stepped up. The defense needs help, and the wideouts have not impressed. I hope that with Jimmy G and Jerrick McKinnon healthy next year, and maybe some help in the draft, they will move up from the cellar-dweller they've been since Harbaugh left.

Forum List

Back