Weed Legalization Could Set Off A Radical Chain Of Events In Latin America

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by Michael Kelley

drug-war-mexico.jpg

drug war mexico

The top advisor to incoming Mexican president Peña Nieto said the world's first full legalization of marijuana in Colorado and Washington “changes the rules of the game” in the war on drugs, The Washington Post reports.

Mexican officials have called for a review of joint U.S.-Mexico drug policies because, as Mexican Congressman Manlio Fabio Beltrones pointed out, "the largest consumer in the world has liberalized its laws.”

Read full story @ Effect Of Weed Legalization On Mexico Drug War - Business Insider

If the trend continues and we find states legalizing not only pot but other drugs, it will mean the market dries up and the drug cartels begin to lose their incomes.
What will happen south of our border? And, will the violence spill over into the USA?

I hope this brings forth and honest review of the never ending it would seem and truly laughable "War on Drugs". Sometimes it feels as if the Cartels and the US government are actually on the same side.

There has never been a war on drugs. There's been an accomodation of drugs but no war on drugs. We intend to deal with drugs like we do with illegal immigration. Cure the problem by legalizing it.

The war on drugs could have been won decades ago by allowing users to experience the consequences of their drug use. No benefits, no medical care, no requirements of employers to keep users on the payroll. A few hundred drug users gasping out their last in gutters and alleys would do more to discourage drug use than any law.

Oklahoma is the latest state to deny benefits to drug users.

Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin Signs Welfare Drug-Testing Bill - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Using drugs must be made to be very unattractive. That will end drug use, not sending them to rehab, counseling and community service.

Legal Pot was one of the main reasons Liberaltarins hate the republican party...They Ignorantly think Democrats will do it LOL When has democrats ever wanted freedom of any kind?

Legal Pot was one of the main reasons Liberaltarins hate the republican party...They Ignorantly think Democrats will do it LOL When has democrats ever wanted freedom of any kind?

A drugged society is far more complicit than one that has their wits about them. Drug users are remarkably easy to control. Control the drug, control of the person goes right along with it.

Read Brave New World.

There has never been a war on drugs. There's been an accomodation of drugs but no war on drugs. We intend to deal with drugs like we do with illegal immigration. Cure the problem by legalizing it.

The war on drugs could have been won decades ago by allowing users to experience the consequences of their drug use. No benefits, no medical care, no requirements of employers to keep users on the payroll. A few hundred drug users gasping out their last in gutters and alleys would do more to discourage drug use than any law.

Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin Signs Welfare Drug-Testing Bill - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Using drugs must be made to be very unattractive. That will end drug use, not sending them to rehab, counseling and community service.

I agree. Thus why I placed the words in quotations.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

How do you know this to be true?

I can honestly say the legalization of drugs is NOT what made me lose faith in the GOP.

The Democrats can offer me nothing I want so they are not even in the equation.

OK is a shithole bastion of morons. There is no reason to go there or live there.

I can honestly say the legalization of drugs is NOT what made me lose faith in the GOP.

Apearently they can if you won't vote to defeat them and the only thing I see is pot..... Or abortion on demand.

Apearently they can if you won't vote to defeat them and the only thing I see is pot..... Or abortion on demand.

T I am not voting as a team. I vote the person I want. I also do write ins locally when a candidate runs unopposed. Why is it so difficult for you to understand that I and others are truly displeased with both parties? Why would I ever give my precious vote to a candidate I do not support?

I take various issues in the same manner. MJ is but one.

Try as you may you will never find a political label that fits me perfectly and that is just fine by me.

T I am not voting as a team. I vote the person I want. I also do write ins locally when a candidate runs unopposed. Why is it so difficult for you to understand that I and others are truly displeased with both parties? Why would I ever give my precious vote to a candidate I do not support?

Try as you may you will never find a political label that fits me perfectly and that is just fine by me.

So is it that you like the status quo or hate having to make hard decisions ?

So is it that you like the status quo or hate having to make hard decisions ?

I am fed up with the the alleged alternative to the Democrats offering such poor nominees.

T please don't condescend to me. I have been voting long enough to know the old voting for the lesser evil BS. Well, I have decided to vote for the candidate I like not the one I am told to like. If that brings an unpleasant outcome once again then perhaps the GOP faithful needs to start figuring out why some of us have stopped believing in the GOP and their "message".

I don't feel at home in either party and therefore will continue to be a freelancer politically. I own my vote and no party will ever own me.

Weed is not the issue, its the white stuff. This is posturing on nieto's part attempting to speak to his country who still don't understand how he is in office.

The issue? In this country or in Mexico?

Well both. The movement of powder to the north is the target if the drug war. Weed is hydro in the usa...much better than anything mexico is exporting.

My point is a couple of states legalizing controlled amounts of weed is hardly nieto's big concern.He is posturing. Perhaps the PRI is aligned with the GOP.

Last edited:
Weed is not the issue, its the white stuff. This is posturing on nieto's part attempting to speak to his country who still don't understand how he is in office.

The issue? In this country or in Mexico?

Well both. The movement of powder to the north is the target if the drug war. Weed is hydro in the usa...much better than anything mexico is exporting.

My point is a couple of states legalizing controlled amounts of weed is hardly nieto's big concern.He is posturing. Perhaps the PRI is aligned with the GOP.

Gotcha. Alliances between countries is a given imo. Which players? I am not sure as they have of course changed over the many years and duration of this "war".

As far as Portugal is concerned, are we still talking just about the legalization of weed or something else?

New Topics

Forum List

Back