Weed is the first illegal drug of choice

That's right, marijuana is a weed. Anybody who is really interested in smoking their brains out surely can put a few seeds together and grow their own stash but that's not what they want. They want to make a buck selling the stuff to your kids. It's pretty ironic that society has a full court press on cigarette smoking but pot-heads think they should legalize the sale of stuff that is as bad or worse for your health.

That's right, marijuana is a weed. Anybody who is really interested in smoking their brains out surely can put a few seeds together and grow their own stash but that's not what they want. They want to make a buck selling the stuff to your kids. It's pretty ironic that society has a full court press on cigarette smoking but pot-heads think they should legalize the sale of stuff that is as bad or worse for your health.

Wrong. A study was done by the Royal British Medical Society to determine the hazards of cannabis vs. smoking cigarettes.

If you smoke cigarettes only? You're 21 times more likely to die of lung cancer than someone who doesn't smoke at all.

If you smoke cannabis only? You're 0.93 percent to 0.73 percent likely to die of lung cancer than someone who doesn't smoke at all.

That means, if you smoke cannabis only, it's much less harmful than cigarettes.

Try some actual facts rather than blind rhetoric sometime Shit Hall. And, by the way, cannabis does NOT make you do any of the things shown in Reefer Madness.

for 99.9999% of users.

Does anybody bypass marijuana and go straight to cocaine, heroin and meth?

The primary reason weed should not be legalized for recreational use.

Does anybody bypass cofee, alcohole, or tobacco and head straight to marijuana? Doubt it. Prolly every pot user started on cofee, tobacco or alcohol

Or maybe, just maybe, after a decade or so of being taught in school that marijuana is a horrible drug that will destroy your life and make you insane - and after all that, one smokes it and finds out its not all that, that its mostly harmless - maybe when someone is in that situation they start to distrust the information they've been fed about other drugs, like coke and heroin - drugs that really will destroy your life in short order.

You know............I started to get curious when my command selected me to become a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor and sent me to school. I was able to see films and pictures (as well as sat through a lot of lectures) about various substances and the long term effects on the body.

Cannabis was the only one that appeared to be in the wrong place as a Schedule I drug, as it's not physically addictive and the effects wear off within 3-6 hours, depending on amount consumed and how much you've eaten. So, I decided that after I got out of the military, I was going to investigate it for myself. 6 months after retirement, and after having researched a lot more as to the effects, I tried it for myself.

Since then? I'm an occasional consumer, and have suffered no ill long term effects, and I've been doing it around 10 years.

Reefer Madness and Anslinger did the dirtiest propaganda campaign against cannabis that was ever done, and the effects are still with us today.

BTW...........the reason it was made illegal? Because Anslinger was a racist and wanted to find a good excuse to put the Blacks and Hispanics (the main consumers) in jail.

If you support keeping cannabis illegal, not only are you uninformed, but you are following a racist cause.

Anslinger I never heard of before.

Reefer Madness I have seen often.

Nobody smoked weed in the 50s besides the Beatnicks.

Today at least one third of American adults have smoked it. Probably more.

Breakdown of morals.

Breakdown of morals?

Really?

Because God said that if it grows out of the ground, you may have it.

I think it's kind of a lot of hubris to make something illegal if God gave it.

Especially if you claim to be the party of God.

for 99.9999% of users.

So what percent of alcohol users go onto drug use? Alcohol is legal so they're never introduced into that whole world, right?
Hmmm.
I've seen people who were drink beat up friends, wives and even cops. The worst thing I've ever seen someone high on pot do? Eat all the cookies and ice cream in my house.
I've seen drink people drive 100MPH on a freeway until they kill someone. I've driven with people who were high and you can't get them to go over 35mph!
Legalizing weed would cripple the cartels and bring billions into our economy in taxes. Yeah. That would be a bad thing because.... ?

for 99.9999% of users.

Does anybody bypass cofee, alcohole, or tobacco and head straight to marijuana? Doubt it. Prolly every pot user started on cofee, tobacco or alcohol

Or maybe, just maybe, after a decade or so of being taught in school that marijuana is a horrible drug that will destroy your life and make you insane - and after all that, one smokes it and finds out its not all that, that its mostly harmless - maybe when someone is in that situation they start to distrust the information they've been fed about other drugs, like coke and heroin - drugs that really will destroy your life in short order.

You know............I started to get curious when my command selected me to become a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor and sent me to school. I was able to see films and pictures (as well as sat through a lot of lectures) about various substances and the long term effects on the body.

Cannabis was the only one that appeared to be in the wrong place as a Schedule I drug, as it's not physically addictive and the effects wear off within 3-6 hours, depending on amount consumed and how much you've eaten. So, I decided that after I got out of the military, I was going to investigate it for myself. 6 months after retirement, and after having researched a lot more as to the effects, I tried it for myself.

Since then? I'm an occasional consumer, and have suffered no ill long term effects, and I've been doing it around 10 years.

Reefer Madness and Anslinger did the dirtiest propaganda campaign against cannabis that was ever done, and the effects are still with us today.

BTW...........the reason it was made illegal? Because Anslinger was a racist and wanted to find a good excuse to put the Blacks and Hispanics (the main consumers) in jail.

If you support keeping cannabis illegal, not only are you uninformed, but you are following a racist cause.

I AGREE WITH THIS

Drug laws are designed to keep the poor and the minorities down, and to extort money from the rich and middle class.
This is why, for a while at least, crack cocaine carried orders of magnitude heavier sentences than powder cocaine - even though the difference between the two isn't much more than the difference between whiskey and beer - same drug, different delivery method - but blacks used crack and whites used powder so that's why the sentencing disparity.

And "pre-trial diversion" programs are really no more than a way to allow the rich and middle class to buy their way out of drug convictions. Having participated in one myself, I can tell you straight up all they ever required of me was to pay $$$$ and to call and leave a message on an answering machine once a week for a year. For all I know they never even checked the messages! They said they did random drug testing but I never got that call. The sole purpose of the program was to get money from me. Its essentially a legal form of bribery. After I paid the full fee for the one year program up front, I literally did not speak to anyone from the program on the phone, by email, or in person for the entirety of the "program", and when it was over and they dropped the charges, they just sent me a letter.

Last edited:
kissing leads to fondeling and fondeling leads to sex, do you know how many deaths there are caused by sex?

Ii have, nor do I know anyone that gets kids high or sales and/or gives them MJ. I have used and sold for 33 years

We have a culture in which people cannot get through the day without getting high on something. We have a culture that is extremely permissive and accepting of the normalcy of wanting to get high. To satisfy the urge to get high, kids are drinking hand santizer. The problem isn't drugs, it's wanting to get high.

In ten years we will have a two tier society. Those who get high and those that don't. When those that don't, get tired of supporting and taking care of those who do, we'll end up like China.

We have a culture in which people cannot get through the day without getting high on something. We have a culture that is extremely permissive and accepting of the normalcy of wanting to get high. To satisfy the urge to get high, kids are drinking hand santizer. The problem isn't drugs, it's wanting to get high.

In ten years we will have a two tier society. Those who get high and those that don't. When those that don't, get tired of supporting and taking care of those who do, we'll end up like China.

Who's supporting and taking care of me? I didn't get that memo.

You realize that you can't name a millionaire or billionaire who doesn't drink, right? I like to have a glass of wine with dinner or a fine single malt scotch with a cigar. And I'll bet I employ more people than you do. I think I know one business owner who never drinks and I think that's because he's in AA.

Seriously, your thinking is pretty far removed from reality.

Who's supporting and taking care of me? I didn't get that memo.

Did it ever occur to you that you could be replaced by a non-drug addict? That's why drugs should be legalized, to encourage addicts to use more. A little nudge in the right direction of getting and staying high.

You realize that you can't name a millionaire or billionaire who doesn't drink, right? I like to have a glass of wine with dinner or a fine single malt scotch with a cigar. And I'll bet I employ more people than you do. I think I know one business owner who never drinks and I think that's because he's in AA.

Katz loves to talk about how we need to legalize everything to kill off all the drug users, and try to make is seem as though we have people who like to get high nowadays, but that in the past that was never an issue. At least on this subject, it's probably best not to pay much attention. :)

I don't think that having a glass of wine with dinner makes one an alcoholic. Having to get staggering drunk every day is alcoholism. So people who have to get high every day are drug addicts. Drugs should be legalized so they simply drug themselves into a peaceful demise.

for 99.9999% of users.

I started with alcohol - cheap wine, specifically.

:dunno: does that make me a member of the elite 1%?

for 99.9999% of drug addicts.

What do you care what another adult does with his own body? If he isn't hurting anyone or taking what doesn't belong to him, shouldn't he be left alone? Did you not learn anything from alcohol prohibition? Where in the Constitution would I find "outlaw drugs"? You realize no one in the history of mankind has overdosed from cannabis, right? What's next, outlawing soda and french fries or any other food that might be bad for you?

So many question that cannot be answered with logic and reason...but feel free to try.
I love these self righteous folks who know whats best for everybody else
marijuana is far less dangerous than legal drugs such as alcohol and tobacco
even coffee is addictive

there is nothing in the constitution that allows the govt to tell us what to injest inhale or in any way control what we do with our bodies .
Wanking makes you go blind

i wear glasses

To Natural Man!

:beer:
Carnality under control... What a way to live!

And don't you just DIG living in this now on Mom's timeline?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0f5OJs9PI]2013 Ford Mustang GT Review, Drive & Specs - AmericanMuscle.com - YouTube[/ame]

Thats nonsense. There are those who can use marijuana recreationally without it impeding their ability to produce.

I used to smoke it up after work or on the weekends, never before works, never during. It was no different than having a few beers after work. Eventually though my children and rondom workplace drug testing made me quit. My kids deserve to have a parent that is present and alert. I no longer drink for the same reason. And workplace? Well....Not going to risk a good paying job for a good high every once in awhile.

Are there people who use at inappropriate times? Yes. But I had a floor supervisor who was written up three times and even tually fired in the first year of a manufacturing job because he kept showing up to work at 7 in the morning drunk off his ass.

Responsible people will be responsible regardless.

The REAL problem with legalizing weed is you cant prove someone is high RIGHT NOW. We need to be able to prove that someone got high then got behind the wheel of a car, or operated heavy machinery. We need a marijuana breathalyzer.

That way the cops can deal with the irresposible bastards who think they arent impaired at all and get behind the wheel of a car. And employers can prove that someone was impaired when a workplace accident occured relieving them of any liability.

Without a breathalyzer type solution, marijunana shoudl remain illegal. Get one and regulate and tax the hell out of it and pay off the national debt.

Last edited:
Thats nonsense. There are those who can use marijuana recreationally without it impeding their ability to produce.
Mostly true but over doing it can make a casual or inexperienced toker rendered about useless. It's all about moderation.

I used to smoke it up after work or on the weekends, never before works, never during. It was no different than having a few beers after work. Eventually though my children and rondom workplace drug testing made me quit. My kids deserve to have a parent that is present and alert. I no longer drink for the same reason. And workplace? Well....Not going to risk a good paying job for a good high every once in awhile.
Good for you.That's the responsible thing to do, especially with kids around.

Are there people who use at inappropriate times? Yes. But I had a floor supervisor who was written up three times and even tually fired in the first year of a manufacturing job because he kept showing up to work at 7 in the morning drunk off his ass.
I once caught a supervisor shooting up in back of a an old Ventures dept. store. He was head of the cleaning crew. Others would bring alcohol with them, get drunk and ride the bikes around the store with the music blasting over the intercom...Found another guy passed out in the beauty salon under a hair dryer. It was a fucking animal house. I narcked on them all and was made supervisor on the spot, as they were putting my own job in jeapordy..Some peeps are just fucking stupid..

The REAL problem with legalizing weed is you cant prove someone is high RIGHT NOW. We need to be able to prove that someone got high then got behind the wheel of a car, or operated heavy machinery. We need a marijuana breathalyzer.

That way the cops can deal with the irresposible bastards who think they arent impaired at all and get behind the wheel of a car.
In St. Louis recently a group of kids in a car sped right through a red light, the passengers were killed after hitting a truck and the driver was deemed impaired due to weed. Sad, but same as DWI with alcohol.

And employers can prove that someone was impaired when a workplace accident occured relieving them of any liability.
It's standard practice to send an injured employee straight to the company's affiliated clinic to do a blood test, and if illegal substance is found, your SOL, sometimes even scripted meds like Vicodin is cause for workman's comp denial.

Without a breathalyzer type solution, marijunana shoudl remain illegal. Get one and regulate and tax the hell out of it and pay off the national debt.
Use the blood testing till then.
Legalize it, tax it, but use the proceeds to establish another alternate currency to compete with the Fed Reserve notes, is what I'd like to see happen. :lol:

The marijuana plant, of course, has an incredible number of uses. Many people assume that marijuana was made illegal through some kind of process involving scientific, medical, and government hearings; According to the current law growing or sale of cannabis is considered a transgression punishable by a mandatory prison sentence, but this argument does not logically apply to marijuana because marijuana is far less dangerous than some drugs which are legal, such as alcohol and tobacco.

Forum List

Back