wedding this weekend

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
So, this past Saturday, a friend of mine got married back in the town I went to middle school and high school in, Orangeburg. First off, it's sort of surreal that I already have friends getting married.

Anyway, it was sort of depressing to see that a lot of the people I went to high school with haven't amounted to crap. Furthermore, it's even more depressing to see that most of them haven't changed a bit since high school. In a sense, though, that sort of makes me feel pretty good because it makes me see how much I've changed since then.

Anyway, the trip basically confirmed my suspicions that I never really want to hang around most of those people ever again, nor do I ever want to live in Orangeburg ever again.

Dan said:
So, this past Saturday, a friend of mine got married back in the town I went to middle school and high school in, Orangeburg. First off, it's sort of surreal that I already have friends getting married.

Anyway, it was sort of depressing to see that a lot of the people I went to high school with haven't amounted to crap. Furthermore, it's even more depressing to see that most of them haven't changed a bit since high school. In a sense, though, that sort of makes me feel pretty good because it makes me see how much I've changed since then.

Anyway, the trip basically confirmed my suspicions that I never really want to hang around most of those people ever again, nor do I ever want to live in Orangeburg ever again.

Well Dan..
What you described is normal growth, in maturity and life experience...Congratulations to you!
Some people never arrive at the point you have..Believe it or not.
And hey, don't knock small towns too hard...They are special.

And hey, don't knock small towns too hard...They are special.

I'm all for small towns, I basically still live in one, but Orangeburg sucks in a major way. You know those movies where the NYC socialite goes to the south and it looks like something from the damn early 1900's? That's Orangeburg. Sort of. It does have a Super Wal-Mart.

Dan said:
I'm all for small towns, I basically still live in one, but Orangeburg sucks in a major way. You know those movies where the NYC socialite goes to the south and it looks like something from the damn early 1900's? That's Orangeburg. Sort of. It does have a Super Wal-Mart.
I've been in Orangeburg and hundreds of small towns across the Counrty.
Orangeburg is a metropolis compared to some...believe me. It ain't all that bad.

No, you don't get it!!!!

No, seriously, I was going to mention that O'burg isn't exactly a "small town", but it does have that small town feel to it. I definitely could've grown up in worse places. I think a lot of it was going from NJ to Orangeburg and having to adjust. Either way, I don't like it, so deal! :)

Dan said:

One of my classmate got married the weekend after we graduated.

Just wait til you see those classmates at a 10 or 15 year reunion and some of them are STILL acting the way they did in high school.

Joz said:
One of my classmate got married the weekend after we graduated.

Just wait til you see those classmates at a 10 or 15 year reunion and some of them are STILL acting the way they did in high school.
None of my friends graduated. but they are all the same to this day.
Hell they even do the same routine. Friday night, sit at my cousins house
and drink beer. Saturday night sit at my cousins house and drink beer.
The only thing that differs from weekdays and weekends is work. On occasion
they go to the bar, but always end up in the same place.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
None of my friends graduated. but they are all the same to this day.
Hell they even do the same routine. Friday night, sit at my cousins house
and drink beer. Saturday night sit at my cousins house and drink beer.
The only thing that differs from weekdays and weekends is work. On occasion
they go to the bar, but always end up in the same place.

Guess what? I graduated from high school a very long time ago and some of my former friends are still doing the same things they were when we were in high scholl....they never did ANYTHING that I would consider as making a difference in any way. What a waste. Yes, they are still immature too.

Forum List

Back