wedding etiquette....an o hell moment~help

People are incredibly ill-mannered and self-absorbed these days. Haven't you noticed?

If I was the BRIDE I'd have a fit. This is supposed to be a celebration about commitment, and he wants to bring his tramp that can't wait for the divorce? Or did I miss the part where they got divorced?

The injured wife can't react, she needs to hold her head high and be above all this, but the next town Quilting B should sound more like strategic warfare, who's taking the sharpest knitting needles and who's going to clean up the evidence.

This is why I said the friend needs to give up trying to figure it out herself with issuing invitations, and go straight to the potential source of trouble. Anyone who doesn't understand that the primary concern in all this is and should be that the wedding go smoothly isn't a good friend and doesn't deserve to be invited. Good friends will tell her honestly whether or not they can handle the situation.

And yes, it's completely appropriate to tell the husband that under the circumstances, it is preferred that he not bring his chippie.

Well if I was the chippie, I wouldn't be within a thousand miles of that place during a wedding. Grandmas know by instinct. That woman is dead meat.

If I was the BRIDE I'd have a fit. This is supposed to be a celebration about commitment, and he wants to bring his tramp that can't wait for the divorce? Or did I miss the part where they got divorced?

The injured wife can't react, she needs to hold her head high and be above all this, but the next town Quilting B should sound more like strategic warfare, who's taking the sharpest knitting needles and who's going to clean up the evidence.

This is why I said the friend needs to give up trying to figure it out herself with issuing invitations, and go straight to the potential source of trouble. Anyone who doesn't understand that the primary concern in all this is and should be that the wedding go smoothly isn't a good friend and doesn't deserve to be invited. Good friends will tell her honestly whether or not they can handle the situation.

And yes, it's completely appropriate to tell the husband that under the circumstances, it is preferred that he not bring his chippie.

Well if I was the chippie, I wouldn't be within a thousand miles of that place during a wedding. Grandmas know by instinct. That woman is dead meat.

Doesn't sound as though either she or the separated husband are the classiest people in the whole entire world to start with.

I think the people getting a divorce just need to move on and if both are invited they need to be civil.
My dad's ex wife comes to family functions all the time, her husband golfs in our family golf tournement. She even let me stay the weekend at her house when I was little and I am the reason their marriage broke up. YOu should have to move on and the wife needs to forget about him and realize the girlfriend can have him.
I still say she needs to find herself a date, it will easier to deal with the husband being there.

I think the people getting a divorce just need to move on and if both are invited they need to be civil.
My dad's ex wife comes to family functions all the time, her husband golfs in our family golf tournement. She even let me stay the weekend at her house when I was little and I am the reason their marriage broke up. YOu should have to move on and the wife needs to forget about him and realize the girlfriend can have him.
I still say she needs to find herself a date, it will easier to deal with the husband being there.

kids are not the reason adults break up....i dont care if you are a child by another woman that your father had....adults should be able to work out their problems and never let a child think they are to blame...let go of that bullshit

kids are not the reason adults break up....i dont care if you are a child by another woman that your father had....adults should be able to work out their problems and never let a child think they are to blame...let go of that bullshit

I'm with Strolling there. If the marriage broke up because your mother got pregnant with you, then it broke up because of the adults who had sex and made you, not because of you.

I'm with Strolling there. If the marriage broke up because your mother got pregnant with you, then it broke up because of the adults who had sex and made you, not because of you.
Trust me I don't have baggage when it comes to that, I was just simply trying to say she didn't hold onto a grudge when she could of easily done so. No one blames anyone really in the case of their divorce, they had a child that died and they grew apart and my dad got my mom pregnant.

3710364378_39c75f3348_o.jpg

Trust me I don't have baggage when it comes to that, I was just simply trying to say she didn't hold onto a grudge when she could of easily done so. No one blames anyone really in the case of their divorce, they had a child that died and they grew apart and my dad got my mom pregnant.

unfortunately the majority of marriages that have a child die....do break up in the long run....good thing not carry the guilt baggage around...

lol hush you....miss m..has settled it....local lady...says....the invite has been mailed...the couple can come as a couple or separately but no more invites are to be issued.

dont make me hex your ass.....

unfortunately the majority of marriages that have a child die....do break up in the long run....good thing not carry the guilt baggage around...
I did for alittle awhile when I first found out the whole story. It is also wierd to know that my sister dying meant that I was born.

Forum List

Back