Wedding Crashers

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Just watched The Wedding Crashers, and I'm glad it was loaned to me by a friend I work with. A much younger friend, who told me it was hilarious. Well... no it isn't. Just more inane garbage from hollywierd in a boy gets girl story. It was tiresome to get through, and made for the simple minded.

Pale Rider said:
Just watched The Wedding Crashers, and I'm glad it was loaned to me by a friend I work with. A much younger friend, who told me it was hilarious. Well... no it isn't. Just more inane garbage from hollywierd in a boy gets girl story. It was tiresome to get through, and made for the simple minded.

Thanks for the heads-up. It looks pretty inane. After watching stuff like this, I often have the thought, "I wish I could have those two hours back".

Abbey Normal said:
Thanks for the heads-up. It looks pretty inane. After watching stuff like this, I often have the thought, "I wish I could have those two hours back".

There was maybe three places where I actually grinned, and they tried to make the ending all warm and fuzzy because he finaly gets the girl. Other than that, it was all sophmoric, typical, nothing new, rehashed, less than funny nonsense.

The ClayTaurus said:
Hey Pale, have you seen Fight Club or Snatch?

That inspires a mama joke.

Yo mama's so dumb, she thinks "Snatch" is a sequel to the "Vagina Monologues".

Pale Rider said:
and made for the simple minded.

Indeed it was.

I did see the movie, mildly funny and rather ridicules, but that is what it was supposed to be. The gay son was quite the distraction, it does seem that is always being interjected in to movie stories. But on whole the movie was just what it was supposed to be, sophmoric humor for a few hours.

The ClayTaurus said:
Hey Pale, have you seen Fight Club or Snatch?

Nope. Never even heard of Snatch. Fight Club... well... I'm not a Brad Pit fan.

Pale Rider said:
Nope. Never even heard of Snatch. Fight Club... well... I'm not a Brad Pit fan.
Don't like Brad Pitt for his politics? I don't know why you don't like him, but it might be worth checking out if you thought you could stomach watching him...

Then again, I should be upfront and say it's not a family movie. There's a lot of violence, and it's definitely got a dark theme to it. Part of me thinks you'd like it, part of me thinks you'd hate it. I guess I don't know you well enough.

I think you might like Snatch, though. The next time you rent a video, give it a shot...

oh wait, Brad Pitt's in that one as well.

I tried! If I think of any other movies, I'll post 'em here.

(Pardon the language)

Bullet Tooth Tony: So, you are obviously the big dick. The men on the side of ya are your balls. There are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey faggot balls.
Vinny: These are your last words, so make them a prayer.
Bullet Tooth Tony: Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two small mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties mangled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with ya. The fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun. (withdraws his gun) And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O" written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... Fuck off.

Quite possibly my favorite exchange in a movie, ever.

The ClayTaurus said:
Don't like Brad Pitt for his politics? I don't know why you don't like him, but it might be worth checking out if you thought you could stomach watching him...

Then again, I should be upfront and say it's not a family movie. There's a lot of violence, and it's definitely got a dark theme to it. Part of me thinks you'd like it, part of me thinks you'd hate it. I guess I don't know you well enough.

I think you might like Snatch, though. The next time you rent a video, give it a shot...

oh wait, Brad Pitt's in that one as well.

I tried! If I think of any other movies, I'll post 'em here.

Nothing personal or political as to why I don't like Pit. I guess I just don't think he's a good actor.

I'll tell ya a couple good "fight" movies, "Any Witch Way But Lose", and "Any Witch Way You Can"... :D

Clint... now THERE'S an actor.

Pale Rider said:
Nothing personal or political as to why I don't like Pit. I guess I just don't think he's a good actor.

I'll tell ya a couple good "fight" movies, "Any Witch Way But Lose", and "Any Witch Way You Can"... :D

Clint... now THERE'S an actor.

Interesting. Brad Pitt seems to be a love it or hate it type. I happen to like him as an actor, but then again, I skip all the bullshit touchy-feely movies he does that makes the women weak.

I think you'd like Snatch, Brad Pitt aside; let me know if you like it if you ever watch it. The new cop from Law and Order's also in that movie (the one that replaced Brisco)

Interesting. Brad Pitt seems to be a love it or hate it type.

I don't really love him or hate him. So you're wrong!!!!!

No, seriously, I think he's really good in some stuff (Fight Club, True Romance, Seven), but I also think he does a lot of pretty-boy stuff, which, admit it, if you looked like him, you would too.

But, I think for him to do Fight Club when he did, when he was at the height of his chick flick/sexiest man alive stardom, takes real guts, and I do think he's one of the ballsier actors out there.

Also, I don't know if he's since come out against or for Bush or the war or anything, but I saw an interview with him around the 2000 election and they asked who he thought won the election, and he basically said "I'm an actor, why do you care what I think about that, go interview a political expert, not an actor." I respected that a lot.

Oh, and he was on Jackass, which was really cool.

I watched it last night. It comes down to this: if you like Wilson and/or Vaughn, you'll like it, if you don't you won't.

I thought it had a few funny parts, but it wasn't as good as anyone made it out to be. I hate it when movies try to start out as a wacky comedies, but then try to be love stories at the end. And, yet, 40-Year-Old Virgin did that and I liked it a lot.

And, they really wasted Christopher Walken, I hate to see that.

But, it was funny enough. I really like Vince Vaughn a lot, so that helped.

Most movies with Wilson, Vauhgn, and Ferrel are.

I don't think this is fair. Anchorman was one of the funniest, most original comedies in the past few years. Starsky & Hutch wasn't GREAT, but it was really better than I ever thought it would be. And I will duel anybody who bad-mouths Zoolander.

Saw this movie last night. There were some funny moments, but mostly, I just thought it was raunchy and stupid.

Forum List

Back