website listed higher on yahoo, google, etc

pegwinn

Top of the Food Chain
Apr 17, 2004
Texas
How does one get a website listed higher on yahoo, google, etc? I am basically html literate. Is there an online tutorial or somesuch? Thanks.

Phil

Kathianne said:
I don't know about yahoo, but google sucks!

This is just one, feel free to seach the site of LGF or Instapundit. Google is a waste:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=15754_Google_Wants_News_Scraping_Patents#comments

Thanks Ms K. All input is welcome. I am working on a small business website and it rarely makes the first page of results when doing a yahoo or google search. My goal is to make it appear in the top 10 when someone does a search.

Thanks again. :thup:

Increasing your PR ranking can be a daunting task. I would do a search on SEO optimization. You really need to have your site SEO friendly (search engine optimization) so that when the robots crawl your site it crawls good information.

Also, LINKS, LINKS, LINKS!!! You want your site plastered on as many sites as possible linking back to you, preferably other high ranking sites. I've paid more times than I care to admit to have the link to this board placed on sites PR5 and above. PR5 isn't cheap, nor is 6 - after that the prices get VERY high.

PM me if you would like some links to some useful sites.

Forum List

Back