Web Site Created to Accept Donations for Octuplets' Mom

Hey ... just a thought, why don't we start an international panhandling site for all our poor and homeless ... may as well since it's about the same thing.

How about a website to give money to the Grandma, she's the one that's been the primary care giver for the kids she already has.

You should definitely set up one for her Sheila...!!! And be the first donor as well!!! And honestly, I would bet there are many people out there that would donate, to help this poor grandma with all she has been through!

And no, i have not visited her site or donated to her children....

BUT I KNEW, people would....and KNEW this would not cost the tax payer out the kazoo, as many of you thought that it would.

Thus, it is STILL NONE of our business.

And i agree with Willow, let's HOPE she gets some hired hands on deck, to help her and her mother with the feedings and changing of diapers....

Um ... yeah, she won't get welfare because she's getting more money from donations ... sure.

Welfare as in TANF welfare? She doesn't draw TANF.....

But she will continue to get the SS disability checks for her 2 or 3 disabled children....i think? I don't believe there is a cut off for income on that....so, even a millionaire with disabled children would receive SS disability checks for their children.....but I am not 100% certain?

Um ... yeah, she won't get welfare because she's getting more money from donations ... sure.

But she will continue to get the SS disability checks for her 2 or 3 disabled children....i think? I don't believe there is a cut off for income on that....so, even a millionaire with disabled children would receive SS disability checks for their children.....but I am not 100% certain?

No, they get tax credits instead, there is a cut off. Also, it still uses our money for children she didn't have naturally. I see no difference between her and the junky I know who has 13 or 14 kids, all drug babies, all in foster care now (unless she was actually pregnant again the last time I saw her).

No, they get tax credits instead, there is a cut off. Also, it still uses our money for children she didn't have naturally. I see no difference between her and the junky I know who has 13 or 14 kids, all drug babies, all in foster care now (unless she was actually pregnant again the last time I saw her).

She COULDN'T have children naturally.

Like many other women who see fertility doctors....they could not have children "naturally" they needed medical treatment to have children....whether it be drugs, hormones, invitro fertilization, implantation etc etc etc....

These women have the same rights and benefits as women that can bear children naturally, with no medical treatment. And the children of these women have the same rights as the children of mothers that conceived naturally as well.

Is this what you want to change in our laws?

Care

Disability is an Insurance, are you certain there is a cutoff? I really don't think there is....?

So then, as I see it:

A hard working individual with no children who cannot live on what they earn is evil and a waste of money if they get a little extra help.

While someone who has no job, no sustainable income, and no future goes to a clinic has a lot of embryos implanted in spite of all this, should be rewarded.

Good to know we have no morals here.

Hey ... just a thought, why don't we start an international panhandling site for all our poor and homeless ... may as well since it's about the same thing.

Actually, I think it would be better. Believe it or not, there are a lot of homeless that are there through no fault of their own, many are even working while living in tent cities, they have no choice, minimum wage doesn't pay enough these days. It makes me angry that the cities go in and clean out these tent cities and take away everything these people own. IMO, we need to provide at least dormitories so that these people can have a place to live. It doesn't have to be fancy, just a warm place with a roof over their heads and a bed to sleep in.

We don't have enough shelters for the homeless, and it's gonna get worse.

How about a website to give money to the Grandma, she's the one that's been the primary care giver for the kids she already has.

You should definitely set up one for her Sheila...!!! And be the first donor as well!!! And honestly, I would bet there are many people out there that would donate, to help this poor grandma with all she has been through!

BUT I KNEW, people would....and KNEW this would not cost the tax payer out the kazoo, as many of you thought that it would.

And i agree with Willow, let's HOPE she gets some hired hands on deck, to help her and her mother with the feedings and changing of diapers....

From what I've read, she's had a lot of nasty comments, including some death threats on her website. I doubt it's getting her the money she is craving for. As for a website for grandma, my computer skills don't extend that far, at this point, I can barely answer email. Making a web page is totally out of my area.

Didn't figure you for a hypocrite though. Since you defend this woman so strongly, I would expect you to donate YOUR money to help her.

Yes, there is a cutoff. We never got ONE dime for our disabled kids until my youngest was 19. It took a year after he turned 18 to get the paperwork done and they wouldn't let us turn it in until he was 18. Some can get around that by putting all their assets into trust funds, but it would take a lawyer to figure it out and we couldn't afford one. Funny, but if you have enough disabled kids, you could collect more in income than we made and we couldn't get any income for our kids.

My husband was laid off for three years before my son turned 18 and the only help we could get was one year of medicaid. No payments at all, we had too many assets.

From what I've read, she's had a lot of nasty comments, including some death threats on her website. I doubt it's getting her the money she is craving for. As for a website for grandma, my computer skills don't extend that far, at this point, I can barely answer email. Making a web page is totally out of my area.

Didn't figure you for a hypocrite though. Since you defend this woman so strongly, I would expect you to donate YOUR money to help her.

I defended the laws surrounding the rights of the mother....no forced abortions, (selective reductions, no forced sterilizations of women) without the mother's approval, sorry you couldn't see that Sheila.

Care

Who would give this moron (Octopusy lady) donation? A bailout. Here's Barack: "We need to help this lady. It is urgent and vital for her financial security. I have asked the members in Congress to act. If you do not, she will suffer one of the worst depression possible. We don't want another Susan Smith upon us."

Last edited:
Hear, hear. Latest in from the Moron in question. Latest in from the idiot in question, eight kids was a message from God not to have any more kids...

gee. and hear i was thinking it was a message from god that he doesn't exist.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hear, hear. Latest in from the Moron in question. Latest in from the idiot in question, eight kids was a message from God not to have any more kids...

good grief... let me show my divine wisdom...by creating 8 children who will be raised by a loonie toon.

gee god you sure do work in mysterious ways.

:lol::lol::lol:

Actually, I think it would be better. Believe it or not, there are a lot of homeless that are there through no fault of their own, many are even working while living in tent cities, they have no choice, minimum wage doesn't pay enough these days. It makes me angry that the cities go in and clean out these tent cities and take away everything these people own. IMO, we need to provide at least dormitories so that these people can have a place to live. It doesn't have to be fancy, just a warm place with a roof over their heads and a bed to sleep in.

We don't have enough shelters for the homeless, and it's gonna get worse.

The problem in some areas is reversed actually, there are too many shelters.

Why is this a problem? Because the same money that is put into shelters can easily be used to build and operate affordable housing instead, which would actually save money. There is a lack of affordable housing in Seattle, and when they get money to help the poor they put it into more shelters. So the homeless just wind up in shelters with no hope of getting out. So no, the problem with the homeless is much more complicated than that, and throwing money at them hasn't worked nor will ever work.

Off topic though, but I WAS THERE.

I defended the laws surrounding the rights of the mother....no forced abortions, (selective reductions, no forced sterilizations of women) without the mother's approval, sorry you couldn't see that Sheila.

Care

You are ignoring the fact: She was naturally unable to have children and had to have them artificially implanted into her.

Care

You are ignoring the fact: She was naturally unable to have children and had to have them artificially implanted into her.

NO I am NOT ignoring that, I am well aware of that....and 'she' has been an exception to the rule, in more cases than one.

that being the case, this does not mean that women need the government to make these decisions for them....it is a personal decision....and most women make wise decision when it comes to themselves and their family....whether they have the embryos implanted or fetilization drugs to encourage pregnancy or via natural means. And as i stated, this woman was a very rare exception.

I don't see with the help of fertility drugs and fertility doctors as giving a woman any less rights over her own body and pregnancies than a woman who can do so naturally KK.

Forum List

Back