Weather Channel Owner Suing Al Gore For Fraud....

What I believe isn't relevant.

I agree.

The facts speak for themselves.

Generally, but no FACTS have been presented.

If you bother to check the full story on the corporate culture that tried to defend against Nader in the Pinto issue then you'll understand why Nader was successful in more than consumer protection in that matter.

So, its up to ME to provide the FACTS?

Nice move Diuretic, but thats not the way it works amigo.

Anyway, you issued a challenge, I answered it without raising a sweat.

Try again.

Why?

Your fucking lame.:eusa_wall:

Wow, this thread took an interesting turn. The OP never mentioned anything about anyone "Gaining" anything from a lawsuit. It was about using a lawsuit to get a debate...since Gore will not debate this guy. But feel free to debate what you have..it's interesting too.:eusa_think:

Question: (not sarcastic)--Will the lawsuit ever even amount to a debate?

We know even if it does, it won't solve anything because people will still believe what the want to believe. But it's interesting to see what kind of "evidence" will be brought forth for each's side.

Wow, this thread took an interesting turn. The OP never mentioned anything about anyone "Gaining" anything from a lawsuit. It was about using a lawsuit to get a debate...since Gore will not debate this guy. But feel free to debate what you have..it's interesting too.:eusa_think:

Question: (not sarcastic)--Will the lawsuit ever even amount to a debate?

We know even if it does, it won't solve anything because people will still believe what the want to believe. But it's interesting to see what kind of "evidence" will be brought forth for each's side.

What do you THINK the purpose of not a lawsuit... but telling millions of people TO SUE someone is? You think it was for his health? For some altruistic "debate"?

There IS no debate. The reliable science isn't on your side. The "law suits" are purely intended to harass....

What do you THINK the purpose of not a lawsuit... but telling millions of people TO SUE someone is? You think it was for his health? For some altruistic "debate"?

There IS no debate. The reliable science isn't on your side. The "law suits" are purely intended to harass....

I have to agree with you on this one, this is the definition of a frivilous lawsuit.

Jillian, your statement still doesn't address what I'm talking about. If I did believe in humans causing global warming, my post would be the same.

Let me post the quote directly from the owner of the weather channel again:

"Since we can't get a debate, I thought perhaps if we had a legal challenge and went into a court of law, where it was our scientists and their scientists, and all the legal proceedings with the discovery and all their documents from both sides and scientific testimony from both sides, we could finally get a good solid debate on the issue,"

This is straight from the horses mouth.

You're right about the lawsuits though they are intended to harass...but you're not telling me anything I don't know. The harassment is in the form of an attempt to make them debate, the guy doing the suing says so. I don't see how you can gather any other conclusion from this quote.

The whole purpose of the post, was that it was only a matter of time before this happened, and....it's interesting to see what the main advocate of global warming and the weather channel have in their arsenals to debate with one of other. You're analyzing my post way too much.

If we are causing global warming, it will be too late to sue when there is proof. We will all be dead.:eusa_doh:

Do you really think that humans have no negative affect on the planet, or are you just denying global warming is being hastened by our actions?:eusa_think:

If we are causing global warming, it will be too late to sue when there is proof. We will all be dead.:eusa_doh:

Do you really think that humans have no negative affect on the planet, or are you just denying global warming is being hastened by our actions?:eusa_think:

Here's a quote from an earlier post of mine (incinuating that I'm sure we contribute)
"I just don't think people contribute as much as Gore suggests"

I do believe that we contribute to pollution, but I do no think that humans are causing global warming. If that were the case, then there would have been fossil-fuels burned by humans as soon as the ice-age ended and the ice began melting. Because that's when the globe started warming.

I don’t get it. What did Gore do? Isn’t he just a man giving his opinion? While I think that “An Inconvenient Truth” is “full of hot air” (pardon the pun), doesn’t this fall under the category of “buyer beware”? Is Gore forcing people to do things on the issue of global warming?

What if I tell someone I think that he is causing too much pollution and needs to recycle? He follows my request but then decides that he was not causing too much pollution. He can’t sue me, can he? I must be missing a key point because as I see it, individuals are ultimately responsible for the decisions that they make. It might be different if legislation was enacted based on “global warming” but then would the defendant be the US government?

Help me out here. :eusa_think: :eusa_eh: :(

LOL...I'm not quite sure what the thread is about anymore either. My OP was that it would be interesting to see what came out of this...The owner stated in the article that since he couldn't get a debate, he wanted to sue so that the debate could be forced to take place...in a civil court. I agree that it'll never go anywhere, and that suing for money is rediculous because it is a "buyer beware" situation. I just stated that it would be interesting to see what happens if a debate were to happen (you know, what kind of "evidence" would be brought forth by both sides)...but some seemed to have taken it a bit too seriously and started debated global warming--which I included myself with. :confused:

...I've been waiting for this to happen...I'm not a global warming believer...I do believe that the globe may be warming, but I don't think we've spread up the process as much as people suggest that we do. Natural Climate Cycle.
--One volcano eruption puts more dangerous gases into the atmospher then humans ever thought about doing.

You're actually quite far from the truth there.
hxxp://volcano.und.edu/vwdocs/Gases/man.html
hxxp://clipmarks.com/clipmark/2D72819F-F8A3-46BB-BB55-82504DEF65BA/
(sorry, can't post links yet, just turn those x's into t's)
"Human activities release more than 150 times the amount of CO2 emitted by volcanoes"
That's all volcanoes combined, not just one volcanic eruption.

I'm curious, but does that change your mind in the slightest, about the impact of humans on the globe?

You're actually quite far from the truth there.
hxxp://volcano.und.edu/vwdocs/Gases/man.html
hxxp://clipmarks.com/clipmark/2D72819F-F8A3-46BB-BB55-82504DEF65BA/
(sorry, can't post links yet, just turn those x's into t's)
"Human activities release more than 150 times the amount of CO2 emitted by volcanoes"
That's all volcanoes combined, not just one volcanic eruption.

I'm curious, but does that change your mind in the slightest, about the impact of humans on the globe?

That's pretty interesting. I may have been wrong about that then...
however, I still do not believe that humans have contributed as much as people say. I do believe that humans have contributed...but history shows that the earth has a history of climate change before the large-scale burning of fossil-fuels. The earth was a ball of ice (ice age) at one time, then the ice started melting. Was it humans causing the ice to melt? No, it was climate change. The Ice caps at our poles maybe be the last reminence of the ice age IMO. My father-in-law lives about 20 miles inland from the Gulf-of Mexico and farms cotton and milo. When he plows his fields, he digs up oyster shells in the middle of a dirt field, 20 miles inland. Many other farmers experienec this also. This make me assume that at one time, the place where he lives was once covered by the ocean, which means that the water level was like this befoer the ice age. I just feel that the extreme warming is caused by natural climate change. (Sure we contribute, but we're not causing it by far)

No one is saying that Global Warming is fake...

The earth was a ball of ice at one time (FACT).
It's obvious that the ice had melted and the earth is no longer one big ball of ice. (FACT).
What caused it?
Were humans burning fossil fuels at the end of the ice age? No
The Ice began to melt naturally due to cyclical climate change.
IMO, the earth is still (on a larger scale) warming since the end of the Ice Age.

This is just my opinion. But based on factual information.

I'm sure that humans are contributing to Global Warming, there's no doubt about that....but I don't think we started it by any means, and so far, no one has come out with an actual reason for global warming.

prove it isn't.

The onus is on you to disprove the conclusions of over 2000 independent lines of evidence saying human emissions are the sole cause.

That's the way it works.

Political rhetoric does not work on this issue, though you may try. The science wins out every time.

No one is saying that Global Warming is fake...

The earth was a ball of ice at one time (FACT).
It's obvious that the ice had melted and the earth is no longer one big ball of ice. (FACT).
What caused it?
Were humans burning fossil fuels at the end of the ice age? No
The Ice began to melt naturally due to cyclical climate change.
IMO, the earth is still (on a larger scale) warming since the end of the Ice Age.

This is just my opinion. But based on factual information.

I'm sure that humans are contributing to Global Warming, there's no doubt about that....but I don't think we started it by any means, and so far, no one has come out with an actual reason for global warming.

I think you're confused as to the claims of the credible scientific community. They have never - ever - argued the Earth has not warmed before. Please be clear on that.

The claim is that the the rate of warming is unprecented due to the rapid increase in CO2 from human emissions.

There are three claims the credible climate science community has proposed. The first, is that the Earth is warming. The second is that humans are the cause. And the third is that fossil fuel combusiton/ human emissons is the reason.

Over 2000 lines of independent lines of evidence found in peer-reviewed scientific academic journals have made this conclusion.

Forum List

Back