Weapons, WTC Photos Found After NYC Blast

Jackass

Aug 29, 2003
Va
January 25, 2004 08:17 AM EST

NEW YORK - Police sent to investigate a backyard explosion that injured an artist discovered weapons and ammunition along with material related to the World Trade Center and other sensitive locations, authorities said.

The discovery brought members of the Joint Terrorism Task Force to the Brooklyn home of Christopher Hackett to investigate, FBI spokesman Joe Valiquette said Saturday. Police said they weren't sure of the significance of the material, which included photos of the World Trade Center and information on the Brooklyn Bridge and a city reservoir.

Hackett, 31, dialed 911 just before noon after suffering burns and head injuries while working on an art project, authorities said. He was in stable condition at Lutheran Hospital.

Hackett said an explosion occurred while he was working with a propane tank and a homemade device designed to shoot confetti out of a pipe, Fire Department spokesman Sean Johnson said.

Authorities found eight pounds of black powder, two high-powered rifles, a 9 mm handgun, a shotgun, a machine gun, a case of shotgun shells and 400 rounds of other ammunition, Johnson said.

Richard Nelson, 15, who lives in the neighborhood, said Hackett is well-known there, and that concerns over what was found in the apartment were "out of proportion."

Nelson said Hackett would take guns and turn them into something positive, like a toy for blowing bubbles.

"There's not any negativity to him," Nelson said.

the opinion of a 15 year old.....concerns over what was found"out of proportion" looks like the guy had a nice lil arsenal...who needs a case of shotgun shells??? I have always wanted a machine gun, just something about them being Illegel stopped me...8 lbs of gun powder??? what was he making...party favors?? looks like some wackos on this board lost a friend...they didnt say anything about a large amount of tin-foil...interesting

Nelson said Hackett would take guns and turn them into something positive, like a toy for blowing bubbles.

Yeah, this guy sounds like a real winner!:rolleyes:

if you think about it, the only way you could turn a gun into a device for blowing bubbles would probably be to have people put the barrel in their mouth. The visual is funny/disturbing.

Sadly enough, I could see this all being some sort of ploy from this artist to get his name out there. But don't quote me on that.

sounds like a freak to me.
a bubble blowing shotgun? and jsut what was the ammo for? salt and pepper shakers?

Forum List

Back