Weapons of political destruction

With all the talk about WMD and "imminent threat", I think this quote from the article Bry posted sums it up best.

"However, the evidence is not completely clear and both sides are guilty of distorting this complex situation for political gain."

Originally posted by Psychoblues
Soooooo, we're all tore up due to exact wording as compared to the intimation of ideology? I can prove both but I'll allow your temporary titillation. Go forth my young kin and spread your truths.

Look . I don't even care about wmd. He should have been taken out just for noncompliance with U.N. agreements made at the ceasefire of another war.

Only you insane libs intentionally limit the justifications to wmd and ignore evertything else. David kay said there were no wmd. fine. He also said Saddam was a bigger threat than we thought, but that part you ignore. Your brain is a partisan stew.

"Among the things that we know now is that you get cooperation in the Middle East after you have demonstrated your willingness to use force."

"Terror is not broken by power of mind, but by terror."
Adolf Hitler Vol 1, Mein Kampf

Like my grand-daddy used to say "Some folks ya just gotta 'splain things to".

Originally posted by Psychoblues
Just so we understand each other, I think "imminent treat" was/is the only reason, as intimated by Colin Powell, Donald Rumsfeld and Condoleeza Rice and countless media as "our reason" for going to war. To deny that fact is just plain partisan, in my opinion. You can belittle me as a contributor to this board but you can't deny the "imminent threat" argument as somehow "folly", can you?

They think because they did'nt say the word "imminent" that they can get around this argument and justify why they went to war.

you are correct free.....these fellas seem to think that G.W.said something else...as of yet they can prove nothing....and its bothering the hell out of them...what was said and what they thought they heard are 2 very different things...

Forum List

Back