Wealthy couple defrauds Federal gov through welfare

Welfare Recipient Lives in Million Dollar Home Near Seattle | Video | TheBlaze.com

I think they should go to jail and return all the money they took with interest.

You realize it's not just wealthy that Rip off Welfare right?

How about the Millions like the guy who works for my company? Living with a woman but not married. He pays all her bills, while she collects State Direct Aid, Food Stamps, Rent Assistance. They have lived together for 4 years, yet she still acts as if she is alone and must pay all her bills herself. This type of abuse of the system happens all the time, and is much more than anything this wealthy couple did.
Millions? You got proof that millions do what the guy at your work does? It could be true, but I would like to see proof of your claim.

Welfare Recipient Lives in Million Dollar Home Near Seattle | Video | TheBlaze.com

I think they should go to jail and return all the money they took with interest.

How about the Millions like the guy who works for my company? Living with a woman but not married. He pays all her bills, while she collects State Direct Aid, Food Stamps, Rent Assistance. They have lived together for 4 years, yet she still acts as if she is alone and must pay all her bills herself. This type of abuse of the system happens all the time, and is much more than anything this wealthy couple did.

Of course its not just the wealthy that rip of welfare. But this story isn't about the prevalence of welfare fraud, but this one story.

I am sick of any abuse.

Millions? You got proof that millions do what the guy at your work does? It could be true, but I would like to see proof of your claim.

Here's just one number I found, though nowhere near "millions", and it's just investigations not convictions.
This is only Calif.

The number of pending investigations for CalWorks and Food Stamps were 117,745 in July 2010. Six months later, 23,103 more cases were pending at the end of the month.
Welfare Fraud Still Plagues California | CalWatchDog

[You realize it's not just wealthy that Rip off Welfare right?

There always has been and probably always will be the infamous ten percent at large in any situation. These are the goldbrickers, the slackers, the crazies, the fools and the cheats. Like going to the toilet they are an unpleasant part of life for which there is as yet no visible alternative. But let's not lose sight of the fact that they are the exception, not the rule.

The Hindenburg caught fire once. Does that mean that all airships MUST share that same fate?

How prevalent is this? Are you getting all worked up over something that is anomalous? Do you even have any idea what percentage of welfare is fraud? No? Then all you succeeded in doing is proving that your an ignoramus who makes policy decisions based on WILLFUL IGNORANCE.

Don't come here posting stuff from "theblaze" It only makes you look foolish and ignorant.

Quick reality check here but - I don't think the poster who posted the OP is making any of the assumptions or arguments you are laying at her feet - at least not yet. She (or he) simply posted an article, and an opinion on what to do with the perpetrator. No statement was made as to prevalence.

Knee jerking a bit?:tongue:

The Hindenburg caught fire once. Does that mean that all airships MUST share that same fate?

How prevalent is this? Are you getting all worked up over something that is anomalous? Do you even have any idea what percentage of welfare is fraud? No? Then all you succeeded in doing is proving that your an ignoramus who makes policy decisions based on WILLFUL IGNORANCE.

Don't come here posting stuff from "theblaze" It only makes you look foolish and ignorant.

Becuase the Hindenburg caught fire, an entire overhaul of the airship and subsequent airships was necessary top prevent future disasters.

SO this story coming out does not mean all people game the system. It simply means that those we pay to watchover these programs arent doing their job....and the system needs to be reviewed.

Or we can do it your way and ignore the story becuase of the messanger.

Quick reality check here but - I don't think the poster who posted the OP is making any of the assumptions or arguments you are laying at her feet - at least not yet. She (or he) simply posted an article, and an opinion on what to do with the perpetrator. No statement was made as to prevalence.

Knee jerking a bit?:tongue:

Ive already pointed that out to him. But he chose to reaffirm his straw men. Apparently, the source of the article infuriates him more than the criminal act of the perpetrators.

Attacking Glenn Beck is more important than justice. How messed up is that?

And FYI, it's He, not she.

Becuase the Hindenburg caught fire, an entire overhaul of the airship and subsequent airships was necessary top prevent future disasters.

SO this story coming out does not mean all people game the system. It simply means that those we pay to watchover these programs arent doing their job....and the system needs to be reviewed.

Or we can do it your way and ignore the story becuase of the messanger.

I think he wants to ignore things.

I don't think they should go to jail - instead, once they've paid it back - they should spend that time working for the poor, manning soup kitchens etc.

Jail first....then soup kitchens:lol:

The state of Washington needs to work on some internal controls.

You are correct, there is no reason they can't do both.

Of course, jail does give them free room and board from the state, so maybe the community service would be better.

Jail time would set a precedent and could deter others. Working in a soup kitchen would only make them feel better about themselves. The govt should not and can not impose "redemption".

And I would guestimate that at least 50 percent of those on public assistance are committing some kind of fraud.

Well............as a liberal, I think they should go uncharged and continue getting assistance.....at least until next November 6th. Every vote counts, after all.

What, nutter? You say that doesn't seem so crazy until someone actually says it out loud?

You laugh, lonelaugher, but the article I read said they have not yet been charged with a crime. There is a possibility that they just found another loophole in the system.

After all, shouldn't people on welfare be allowed to live in mansions too? What, nutter? You say that doesn't seem so crazy until someone actually says it out loud? :badgrin:

Forum List

Back