Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Which carries a higher "value?"

How are they similar?

How are they different?

How correlated are they?

Is one dependent on the other?

Who can educate me and answer these questions satisfactorily?

Power can be used to buy wealth, as anyone who has watched politicians over the years can attest. They start lean and hungry, but they wind up, except for Jo Biden, with lots of extra cash that came their way.

I have seen several instances of folks trying to get power with money. It doesn't work so well. They often wind up with neither.

takes power to affect wealth, and wealth to affect power. you plug knowledge is power and a wealth of information in there and you'll fry the motherboard. i declare it a chicken and an egg situation.

• Banned
takes power to affect wealth, and wealth to affect power. you plug knowledge is power and a wealth of information in there and you'll fry the motherboard. i declare it a chicken and an egg situation.

But it's a well known fact that wealth can be created. Why, it was proven with automaton-like precision right on this very messageboard just this week. Wouldn't that also imply that power can be created? But I don't see how that is possible.

A conundrum indeed. :eusa_think:

You can use wealth to buy power. For example, Al Gore uses his enormous wealth to pay his monthly electric bill. The power he uses is ~35kW in one hour. That's about twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year.

Last edited:
Don't know much about power, but the wife reminded me of all I need to know about wealth. Three months after our daughter was born I was flat-ass broke and totally bummed out. She said "we got each other and this beautiful baby- who needs money".

Wealth and power have no value unless you yourself have values. Your actions determine their similarity and your inactions reveal their differences. As to correlation and dependence I honestly don't give a fuck. Time is my greatest asset.

Don't know much about power, but the wife reminded me of all I need to know about wealth. Three months after our daughter was born I was flat-ass broke and totally bummed out. She said "we got each other and this beautiful baby- who needs money".

Wealth and power have no value unless you yourself have values. Your actions determine their similarity and your inactions reveal their differences. As to correlation and dependence I honestly don't give a fuck. Time is my greatest asset.

Spoken like someone who takes his freedom for granted. :thup:

"Which carries a higher "value?"" For the working stiff, wealth, for the wealthy, power, for the downtrodden, both.

"How are they similar?" Both exist as abstractions that mean different things depending on context.

"How are they different?" Wealth can make some happy alone / power can make some happy, even if that power is only over the spouse or children. For many neither make them happy even when they desire both.

"How correlated are they?" They go together like a horse and carriage love and marriage. But still are mutually exclusive in real life. Whatever that may be.

"Is one dependent on the other?" Sometimes. Look only at what Microsoft did after they gained wealth. Of course the Europeans have a slightly different view of MS then our more libertarian regulators here.

Which carries a higher "value?"

How are they similar?

How are they different?

How correlated are they?

Is one dependent on the other?

Who can educate me and answer these questions satisfactorily?

The relationship between money and power in this society is rather like the relationship between water and steam.

They are really the same thing in different states of being.

Money is power realized, and power is money in action.

An absurdly simplified view of the relationship I'll admit, but one that has some merit, I think.

Let me take it a bit further shall I?

Gold is FROZEN liquidity. It serves no purpose other than maintaining value until needed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back