Wealth inequality vs income inequality

Hmmm. Well I posted three links, and according to you, you must have read all three in two minutes. Are you a speed reader or something? After all, my post and your reply were only two minutes apart.

Do you have some specific regulations or not?

Why ask me for proof of what I say if you're not going to even look at it? I'm not going to copy and paste regulations that you should have read for yourself. If you don't want to acknowledge it, fine with me, but at least be honest enough to say so.

Wealth inequality is even worse than income inequality

And if you think income inequality is bad, well, you ain't seen nothing yet.

As of 2015, the top 1 percent of American households in terms of wealth ownership enjoy 35 percent of the pie all by themselves. The top 10 percent own a staggering 76 percent of all wealth.

Furthermore, from 1963 to 2013, families in the bottom 10 percent of wealth ownership went from having no wealth at all on average to being $2,000 in debt. Over the same time period, the average wealth of the top 10 percent grew four times over. For the top 1 percent, it grew six times over. These shifts are far larger than the changes in the distribution of income over the same time frame.

The question is.....why do we continue economic policies that benefit the wealthy?
They obviously don't need it
Financial equality is for pussy whipped bitches who let envy rule their lives...
Too much slows growth:
Inequality hurts economic growth, finds OECD research - OECD

Hmmm. Well I posted three links, and according to you, you must have read all three in two minutes. Are you a speed reader or something? After all, my post and your reply were only two minutes apart.

Why ask me for proof of what I say if you're not going to even look at it? I'm not going to copy and paste regulations that you should have read for yourself. If you don't want to acknowledge it, fine with me, but at least be honest enough to say so.

Like I said, I didn't see any specifics in your links. It appears you don't have any or you would share.

So wealth should be determined by what one needs and not by what one wants, determined by your judgement?

And what policies do you speak of that allows the wealthy to accumulate and maintain wealth?
Pretty much so

Why continue policies that do not deliver what they promised? In embracing supply side we were promised a rising economic tide, prosperity, more jobs and higher wages

Instead... the wealthy just kept the additional revenue

I disagree, but it still begs the question: what do you want to do about it?
Good question

Remove the historically low tax rates on the wealthy......they are not working
Tax capital gains the same as income. Sweat based income should be taxed the same as investment income
Tax stock trades
Make healthcare costs tax free
Provide free online college courses
Increase low income health coverage

Okay, so let's start from the top:

The wealthy pay most all of the tax in this country, so how would making them pay more help me--the blue collar worker? After all, nearly half of the people in this country pay no income tax at all. Taxing them more only makes government richer--not the worker.

Tax capital gains. Well our economy depends on a strong market. The reason we have lower taxes on capita gains is to encourage investment. Take that away, there will be less investing. If there is less investing, how does that help me--the blue collar worker?

Tax stock trades, see above.

Tax free healthcare costs. One of the nefarious parts of Commie Care was to get rid of tax free healthcare by encouraging employers to drop coverage. Those who were forced to get on the Commie Care plans had to pay with after tax money whereas before, employer coverage was paid before taxes. How did that help me--the blue collar worker?

Why should the government (now 20 trillion in debt) pay for online college courses that people could pay for themselves? We already have low income healthcare coverage, it's called Medicare and SCHIP''s. It isn't working. Plus we middle-class workers are not applicable for those programs. We work for a living. So how would that help me--a blue collar worker?
The wealthy pay more of the "income taxes" because they make most of the "income"
But since they pay at a lower rate for capital gains, they are able to divert income into capital gain and either defer payment or pay a lower rate

You only pay capital gains on profits. That profit is the same thing as any other income. Why does someone digging a ditch or driving a truck have to pay on every cent he makes at a higher rate than someone who just moves money from point A to point B

Every stock trade pays off a broker......that does not stop them from investing. Neither would a minimal tax on transactions. I pay seven percent sales tax if I buy a car.......why is buying a stock not taxed?

The government can pay to develop online courses. Once a course is developed, it costs the same to allow 100 people to take it or 100,000 people to take it

So you think colleges would go for that? Don't be silly. For profit colleges have a 20% profit margin. I wish they would get into the market so I could invest in them.

Ditch diggers and truck drivers (which I am) are not paying the same tax as investors. You are confusing the difference between income tax and payroll tax; two totally separate items.

Most of the payroll tax we pay goes back to ourselves. In other words, the Medicare tax I pay will likely be less than I use if I live to the average age. Social Security tax the same; I get that back and more. FICA tax is nothing more than a fancy name for SS. Then we have city and state tax which provides me for roads and services I use.

None of our payroll taxes goes into infrastructure, our military, our social programs (outside of SS and Medicare) our federal agencies, our Congress, our Senate, the presidential pay. None of it. The wealthy pay for all of those things.

Like I said, I didn't see any specifics in your links. It appears you don't have any or you would share.

What it appears is that you didn't click on one link, not one.

The question is.....why do we continue economic policies that benefit the wealthy?
"WE" don't. Do you make laws? No. Neither do I. But I can answer your question in one word...

LOBBYISTS.
Yes...We the People

Read your constitution. There is more in it than the second amendment
That was a lame answer, man. Lobbying is government for sale. You just buy your politician and they make laws to benefit you, i.e. THE RICH.

Why do you think the gutless republicans can't repeal obamacare? Because they've been BOUGHT OFF NOT TO.

Get a clue.

I don't see specifically what regulations were removed. Just reference to regulations being removed.

It is clear you cannot back up your claim.

As of 2015, the top 1 percent of American households in terms of wealth ownership enjoy 35 percent of the pie all by themselves. The top 10 percent own a staggering 76 percent of all wealth.

Furthermore, from 1963 to 2013, families in the bottom 10 percent of wealth ownership went from having no wealth at all on average to being $2,000 in debt. Over the same time period, the average wealth of the top 10 percent grew four times over. For the top 1 percent, it grew six times over. These shifts are far larger than the changes in the distribution of income over the same time frame.

Financial equality is for pussy whipped bitches who let envy rule their lives...
Too much slows growth:
Inequality hurts economic growth, finds OECD research - OECD
Some deserve no financial equality... fact

No, what is clear is that I did back up my claim, but you're too lazy to read it. You want me to copy/paste specifics which is your job--not mine. You asked for proof and I provided it. I'm not about to hold your hand and take you through the articles step by step.

No, what is clear is that I did back up my claim, but you're too lazy to read it. You want me to copy/paste specifics which is your job--not mine. You asked for proof and I provided it. I'm not about to hold your hand and take you through the articles step by step.

So you post links with no specifics and won't post any. But you will keep posting about how you don't have any specifics. Very funny.

Who said anything about making things equal

I only asked why we are continuing policies that enable the wealthy to accumulate and maintain more wealth?

So wealth should be determined by what one needs and not by what one wants, determined by your judgement?

And what policies do you speak of that allows the wealthy to accumulate and maintain wealth?
Pretty much so

Why continue policies that do not deliver what they promised? In embracing supply side we were promised a rising economic tide, prosperity, more jobs and higher wages

Instead... the wealthy just kept the additional revenue

I disagree, but it still begs the question: what do you want to do about it?
Good question

Remove the historically low tax rates on the wealthy......they are not working
Tax capital gains the same as income. Sweat based income should be taxed the same as investment income
Tax stock trades
Make healthcare costs tax free
Provide free online college courses
Increase low income health coverage

Okay, so let's start from the top:

The wealthy pay most all of the tax in this country, so how would making them pay more help me--the blue collar worker? After all, nearly half of the people in this country pay no income tax at all. Taxing them more only makes government richer--not the worker.

Tax capital gains. Well our economy depends on a strong market. The reason we have lower taxes on capita gains is to encourage investment. Take that away, there will be less investing. If there is less investing, how does that help me--the blue collar worker?

Tax stock trades, see above.

Tax free healthcare costs. One of the nefarious parts of Commie Care was to get rid of tax free healthcare by encouraging employers to drop coverage. Those who were forced to get on the Commie Care plans had to pay with after tax money whereas before, employer coverage was paid before taxes. How did that help me--the blue collar worker?

Why should the government (now 20 trillion in debt) pay for online college courses that people could pay for themselves? We already have low income healthcare coverage, it's called Medicare and SCHIP''s. It isn't working. Plus we middle-class workers are not applicable for those programs. We work for a living. So how would that help me--a blue collar worker?
Your sympathy for the ridiculously bloated megarich is touching. You are totally duped. Count all taxes and everyone pays 17-29%. The income tax argument is a sick joke, dupe.
https://www.google.com/url?

Your boss is still a GOP dupe too. Encouraged employers to drop coverage my butt.

After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back