Wealth and Income Inequality in the United States

"Problem"? What problem? :confused: There are industrious, clever, risk-taking, smart entrepreneurial people in the world who get rich, and there are lazy, stupid, parasitic, shiftless people who stay poor.

And an ever-increasing of industrious, clever, risk-taking, smart entrepreneurial people who go NO-WHERE, and their potential is never realized... This is an unfortunate effect of this type of inequality.

They have a lot better chance than the growing army of people who just hold their hand out to the government for, well, a handout, who think others should provide their livelihood just because they exist.

You want a world where success is guaranteed, and I'd like to have one where houses, cars, and food spring up spontaneously in the desert, but it aint gonna happen.

Got news for you, people arnt equal, some are worth more than others.

If people were equal anyone could be a supermodel.

Oh God give me strength.

It's not about that. Having a small group of people controlling the vast majority of income and therefore spending, is simply not good for an economy.

Cons on this board, or even contemporary con politicians, will never seriously discuss this disparity problem, or stipulate that it even constitutes a problem. Which is a shame, because it's possibly the biggest problem we're facing.

I'll discuss it. First, you explain how it's a "problem".

"Problem"? What problem? :confused: There are industrious, clever, risk-taking, smart entrepreneurial people in the world who get rich, and there are lazy, stupid, parasitic, shiftless people who stay poor.

Do you think that middle-class Americans are "lazy, stupid, parasitic, shiftless people"?

Are we more lazy and stupid than middle-class Japanese?
Swedes?
Germans?

Obviously, people who are intermediate between the rich and poor have intermediate qualities on average.

Well equality is not possible as there will always be differences between the man that works his ass off and gets a good education, and the man that is not serious and drinks. The man that has a good business education and owns his own business will make a profit and earn more money, while the man that drinks and screws around won't. You get what you put into it. The left has the belief they have for the past 150 years that have caused hundreds of millions to be slaughtered.

Why should the man that works hard get the same as the man that does nothing, but collects from the government?:confused::confused:

Does Donald Trump work harder than you do? Does he work 100,000 times harder than a nurse? A plumber? A teacher?

Is it working merely harder or is it also working smarter? Does trump focus his activities on those likely to make money? I could work very hard at making miniature portraits of monkeys, but I wouldn't make much money selling them.

IF. . . .I stay away from illegal substances, stay in school and educate myself, work at whatever Mcjobs I can get to develop a work ethic, experience, references, and acquire skills to qualify for better and better jobs and eventually wind up with a nice house, boat two cars, and a college fund for my kids. . . .

. . . .while. . . .

IF. . . .you party and zone out in school until you just drop out, scorn jobs that don't pay any better than welfare or hold one just long enough to qualify for unemployment insurance so you can play video games all day or hang out smoking pot and drinking beer with your buddies. . . . and then one day you realize you're middle aged and still live in a rat infested apartment in the projects with no savings, no house accruing equity, no nice car, and no prospects. . . . .

Is it fair that I have so much more than you do?

Most American workers do not party and zone out. Productivity is as high as it has ever been in history and workers have a lower standard of living to show for it.

Claiming American workers are stupid and lazy is a cop-out. American workers work harder, longer hours hours than most workers, and our productivity is among the highest in the world.

DUBLIN, Sept. 3 (Reuters) — American workers are the world’s most productive, followed by the Irish, though productivity is rising fastest in China and much of the rest of Asia, according to the International Labor Organization.

When productivity was measured by the hour rather than by the total number of hours worked, however, Norway, an oil nation, was the most productive, followed by the United States and France, the organization said in a report released over the weekend and published every two years. It mostly used 2006 data.

“The difference in rankings can be explained by the fact that annual working hours per person employed are considerably higher in the United States than in the majority of European economies,” the report said.

U.S. Leads Productivity Ranking; China Gains - New York Times

Last edited:
And your solution to this "problem" is .......?

Simple. Raise taxes on corporations.

Almost everyone in the bottom 60% gets their income from their job and their employer. With corporate taxes as low as they are, there is no additional incentive for a company to pay a worker more than what it would take to keep that worker. You raise taxes, and then the corp has to decide between paying more to the worker or to the government. Which do you think they will choose?

No what will happen is they'll cut back on jobs. They'll become less competitively internationally and lose market share.

Got news for you, people arnt equal, some are worth more than others.

If people were equal anyone could be a supermodel.

Oh God give me strength.

It's not about that. Having a small group of people controlling the vast majority of income and therefore spending, is simply not good for an economy.

Why?

For many products, there is simply a limit to how many of them a person can buy before they have no incentive to buy more. For example, a billionaire could buy one million cars in a year, but even if he was a collector, he wouldn't do that. He wouldn't even come close to it. Now, take one million average-income workers, they could come very close to buying one million cars in a year, right? Which scenario does the car manufacturer want? Which is better for his business?

Amazing how greedy liberals are.

Doesnt matter how much im worth

What matters is you libs arnt getting one more penny .

Simple. Raise taxes on corporations.

Almost everyone in the bottom 60% gets their income from their job and their employer. With corporate taxes as low as they are, there is no additional incentive for a company to pay a worker more than what it would take to keep that worker. You raise taxes, and then the corp has to decide between paying more to the worker or to the government. Which do you think they will choose?
Boy, you really don't know jack schitt about economics or business accounting. :eusa_hand:

Why don't you enlighten me then? Should be simple right? I mean, it's not like we had higher taxes in the 50s and less inequality. No. That wasn't the case.

:cuckoo:

You don't understand. 80% of the country became lazy since then, and the other 20% has since begun working super, duper hard.

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back