We Won't Call It A Crusade, But They Do!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.spectator.co.uk/article.php?table=old&section=current&issue=2004-07-24&id=4835

EXCERPT:

The triumph of the East
There’s no plot, says Anthony Browne: Islam really does want to conquer the world. That’s because Muslims, unlike many Christians, actually believe they are right, and that their religion is the path to salvation for all

A year ago I had lunch with an eminent figure who asked if I thought she was mad. ‘No,’ I said politely, while thinking, ‘Yup.’ She had said she thought there was a secret plot by Muslims to take over the West. I have never been into conspiracy theories, and this one was definitely of the little-green-men variety. It is the sort of thing BNP thugs claim to justify their racial hatred.
Take Dr Al-Qaradawi, the controversial Egyptian imam who was recently fawned over by the Mayor of London even though he promotes the execution of homosexuals, the right of men to indulge in domestic violence, and the murder of innocent Jews. During the brouhaha it went unnoticed that he also wants to conquer Europe. Don’t take my word for it, just listen to him on his popular al-Jazeera TV show, Sharia and Life.

‘Islam will return to Europe. The conquest need not necessarily be by the sword. Perhaps we will conquer these lands without armies. We want an army of preachers and teachers who will present Islam in all languages and in all dialects,’ he broadcast in 1999, according to the Middle East Media Research Institute, which translates his programmes. On another programme he declared, ‘Europe will see that it suffers from a materialist culture, and it will seek a way out, it will seek a lifeboat. It will seek no life-saver but the message of Islam.’

Far from being on the fringe, his immensely popular programmes are watched by millions across the Middle East and Europe. The BBC cooed that he has ‘star’ status among the world’s Muslims.

Dr Al-Qaradawi, who is based in Qatar, is also the spiritual guide of the hardline Muslim Brotherhood, which is growing across Europe, and whose leader Muhammad Mahdi Othman ’Akef declared recently, ‘I have complete faith that Islam will invade Europe and America, because Islam has logic and a mission.’

In the most sacred mosque in Islam, Sheikh Abd al-Rahman al-Sudais of the Grand Mosque in Mecca uses his sermons to call for Jews to be ‘annihilated’ and to urge the overthrow of Western civilisation. ‘The most noble civilisation ever known to mankind is our Islamic civilisation. Today, Western civilisation is nothing more than the product of its encounter with our Islamic civilisation in Andalusia [mediaeval Spain]. The reason for [Western civilisation’s] bankruptcy is its reliance on the materialistic approach, and its detachment from religion and values. [This approach] has been one reason for the misery of the human race, for the proliferation of suicide, mental problems and for moral perversion. Only one nation is capable of resuscitating global civilisation, and that is the nation [of Islam].’

Al-Sudais is the highest imam appointed by our Saudi government ally, and his sermons are widely listened to across the Middle East. When he came to the UK in June to open the London Islamic Centre, thousands of British Muslims flocked to see him, our so-called race relations minister Fiona Mactaggart shared the platform, and Prince Charles sent a video message. He is probably the closest thing in Islam to the Pope, but I haven’t recently heard the Pope call for the overthrow of all other faiths.

Saudi Arabia, whose flag shows a sword, seems unabashed about its desire for Islam to take over the world. Its embassy in Washington recommends the home page of its Islamic affairs department, where it declares, ‘The Muslims are required to raise the banner of jihad in order to make the Word of Allah supreme in this world.’ Saudi Arabia has used billions of its petrodollars to export its particularly harsh form of Islam, Wahabism, paying for mosques and Islamic schools across the West. About 80 per cent of the US’s mosques are thought to be under Wahabi control.

Saudi Arabia’s education ministry encourages schoolchildren to despise Christianity and Judaism. A new schoolbook in the kingdom’s curriculum tells six-year-olds: ‘All religions other than Islam are false.’ A note for teachers says they should ‘ensure to explain’ this point. In Egypt, the schoolbook Studies in Theology: Traditions and Morals explains that a particularly ‘noble’ bit of the Koran is ‘encouraging the faithful to perform jihad in God’s cause, to behead the infidels, take them prisoner, break their power — all that in a style which contains the highest examples of urging to fight’.

A popular topic for discussion on Arabic TV channels is the best strategy for conquering the West. It seems to be agreed that since the West has overwhelming economic, military and scientific power, it could take some time, and a full frontal assault could prove counterproductive. Muslim immigration and conversion are seen as the best path.

Saudi Professor Nasser bin Suleiman al-Omar declared on al-Majd TV last month, ‘Islam is advancing according to a steady plan, to the point that tens of thousands of Muslims have joined the American army and Islam is the second largest religion in America. America will be destroyed. But we must be patient.’

Fuck being PC. Islam is a horrible lie that is invading entire countries. The only way to stop such a threat is force.
Correct me if I'm wrong (please, so I don't look like an idiot!) but the under separation of church and state it's intent wasn't to stop the government from being connected with church on a moral basis...IT WAS TO ENSURE THAT WE (tired of caps) wouldn't be ruled by a theocracy. So wouldn't attacking those Islamic fucks because they are pushing for an Islamic fucking theocracy not only be the RIGHT thing to do, but the just?

JohnGalt said:
Fuck being PC. Islam is a horrible lie that is invading entire countries. The only way to stop such a threat is force.
Correct me if I'm wrong (please, so I don't look like an idiot!) but the under separation of church and state it's intent wasn't to stop the government from being connected with church on a moral basis...IT WAS TO ENSURE THAT WE (tired of caps) wouldn't be ruled by a theocracy. So wouldn't attacking those Islamic fucks because they are pushing for an Islamic fucking theocracy not only be the RIGHT thing to do, but the just?

Problem for the West. How do you 'attack' when you have laws in place that make religions non-entities? Gonna be dealt with here, at least I think so, eventually.

When I get out into the real-world I hope to make some quick money and then deffect to the middle east. With whatever money I have I will be able to buy weapons and a strong hold. I have made plenty of ROTC radical friends that will happily jump aboard, so labor won't be any charge. We will hopefully start something that appeals to people that are fed up with those lying snakes and together destroy Mecca...oops, did I say that?

never mind. I am loosing it. Definetely going insane!

Anyway, I have alot of built up anger towards the 'nation of islam'
So fuck them and good night!

There are millions of Christians who believe that they know the only way to salvation and are trying to convert others to think as they do so I see this as a wash. Problem comes in (as Kathianne points out) that our goverment prohibits discrimination on the basis of religion which makes us impotent to fight the muslim threat from within unless they make threats or plans to overthrow the govt here. The freedoms that made our country great may become the method others use to destroy us. IMHO the biggest battle for Americas' survival as a nation will come when the right to live is challenged by the right to be free. Unfortunately most Americans have no clue as to what's going on and feel protected by what the dollar can buy them or have faith that if they are killed they will be in heaven so no need to worry. There is a reality deficit in our country may ultimately destroy us as a nation. America has seemingly hit the snooze button when our 9/11 wake up call came.

dilloduck said:
There are millions of Christians who believe that they know the only way to salvation and are trying to convert others to think as they do so I see this as a wash. Problem comes in (as Kathianne points out) that our goverment prohibits discrimination on the basis of religion which makes us impotent to fight the muslim threat from within unless they make threats or plans to overthrow the govt here. The freedoms that made our country great may become the method others use to destroy us. IMHO the biggest battle for Americas' survival as a nation will come when the right to live is challenged by the right to be free. Unfortunately most Americans have no clue as to what's going on and feel protected by what the dollar can buy them or have faith that if they are killed they will be in heaven so no need to worry. There is a reality deficit in our country may ultimately destroy us as a nation. America has seemingly hit the snooze button when our 9/11 wake up call came.

This sums up where I think we are now:

So they [the Government] go on in strange paradox, decided only to be undecided, resolved to be irresolute, adamant for drift, solid for fluidity, all-powerful to be impotent.
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965), Hansard, November 12, 1936

Apart from certain band aid efforts, I'm afraid your right. Is our Constution flawed in regards to defending ourselves from "holy wars" or does someone simply have to makea tough decision?

(good quote K)

dilloduck said:
Apart from certain band aid efforts, I'm afraid your right. Is our Constution flawed in regards to defending ourselves from "holy wars" or does someone simply have to makea tough decision?

(good quote K)
IMHO eventually someone will be forced to make a tough decision. Don't know when, not now, for now we drift. These kind of decisions come more easily in a dictatorship, no doubt about that and NOT what we want. It's a messy system we have here, but in the long run, it's worked.

* I love Churchill!

We will never get into a "religious war".
We can't even breathe government and religion together in one sentence. :p:

ScreamingEagle said:
We will never get into a "religious war".
We can't even breathe government and religion together in one sentence. :p:

I wouldn't be so sure. The 9/11 Commission reports comes right out with Islam being at the core of the terrorist movement....I think I posted on that reference last night.

Islam really is one of our greatest threats. One of the worst parts is that governments who are moving towards secularism are targetting Christianity, since that has been the primary religion for so long. Christianity becomes stigmatized, so the religious vacuum left is filled by Islam. If Islam continues on its current course, Europe will be primarily Islam as early as 2050.

Hobbit said:
Islam really is one of our greatest threats. One of the worst parts is that governments who are moving towards secularism are targetting Christianity, since that has been the primary religion for so long. Christianity becomes stigmatized, so the religious vacuum left is filled by Islam. If Islam continues on its current course, Europe will be primarily Islam as early as 2050.

As noted, the 9/11 Commission acknowledges that a Crusade is upon us, though they do not call it that:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/24/opinion/24brooks.html

Excerpt:

Careers have been spent racing to be X. But in our own time, the 9/11 commission has come closer than anybody else. After spending 360 pages describing a widespread intelligence failure, the commissioners step back in their report and redefine the nature of our predicament.

We're not in the middle of a war on terror, they note. We're not facing an axis of evil. Instead, we are in the midst of an ideological conflict.

We are facing, the report notes, a loose confederation of people who believe in a perverted stream of Islam that stretches from Ibn Taimaya to Sayyid Qutb. Terrorism is just the means they use to win converts to their cause.

It seems like a small distinction - emphasizing ideology instead of terror - but it makes all the difference, because if you don't define your problem correctly, you can't contemplate a strategy for victory.

When you see that our enemies are primarily an intellectual movement, not a terrorist army, you see why they are in no hurry. With their extensive indoctrination infrastructure of madrassas and mosques, they're still building strength, laying the groundwork for decades of struggle. Their time horizon can be totally different from our own.

As an ideological movement rather than a national or military one, they can play by different rules. There is no territory they must protect. They never have to win a battle but can instead profit in the realm of public opinion from the glorious martyrdom entailed in their defeats. We think the struggle is fought on the ground, but they know the struggle is really fought on satellite TV, and they are far more sophisticated than we are in using it.

The 9/11 commission report argues that we have to fight this war on two fronts. We have to use intelligence, military, financial and diplomatic capacities to fight Al Qaeda. That's where most of the media attention is focused. But the bigger fight is with a hostile belief system that can't be reasoned with but can only be "destroyed or utterly isolated."

The commissioners don't say it, but the implication is clear. We've had an investigation into our intelligence failures; we now need a commission to analyze our intellectual failures. Simply put, the unapologetic defenders of America often lack the expertise they need. And scholars who really know the Islamic world are often blind to its pathologies. They are so obsessed with the sins of the West, they are incapable of grappling with threats to the West.

Forum List

Back