We win the debate and health care is still going through?

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
Almost 2/3 of people oppose health care reform proposed by yet it is going through anyways. We win the debate and it still is getting done. This is not democracy. This is a dictatorship.

Whats gong to happen is the doctors are going to refuse to treat medicare patients because they lose money, and spend too much time reading thru 110,000 pages of government regulations. The bottom line will be that MORE people will go to emergency rooms for care, not fewer.
DOCS SHOULD QUIT MEDICARE, SAYS LEADING DOCTORS’ GROUP

the dems are really screwing-up the medical system. They'll see when they can't find a doctor.

Almost 2/3 of people oppose health care reform proposed by yet it is going through anyways. We win the debate and it still is getting done. This is not democracy. This is a dictatorship.

I'm just a tad miffed that Evan Bayh of Indiana voted for this piece of trash AND he just gave his vote away. Louisiana got 300 million and Nebraska got an infinite amount depending on the life of the Republic which may not be long.

Bayh is both an idiot and an idiot. The first one for supporting it and the second one for selling his vote for free. Indiana probably could have gotten a new anything or a billion dollars or something, anything of value.

What a maroon. Ben and Mary are prostitutes, but at least they took care of their state as they sold out. Bayh sold out for free. I wonder if he used to drop the soap on purpose...

You're right, this is not a democracy. It's a representative republic. And I understand by "dictatorship" you mean "doesn't agree with me", but if, like you claim 2/3 of the people in this country oppose this bill (not health care reform in general), then it's up to them to vote out the people who voted for this. Other than that, our system is working exactly how it is supposed to.

You're right, this is not a democracy. It's a representative republic. And I understand by "dictatorship" you mean "doesn't agree with me", but if, like you claim 2/3 of the people in this country oppose this bill (not health care reform in general), then it's up to them to vote out the people who voted for this. Other than that, our system is working exactly how it is supposed to.

Is it just me, or were there were a lot of Cons arguing this point not too long ago, too...

I seem to remember alot of cons saying under Bush that he should not react to polls

Is it just me, or were there were a lot of Cons arguing this point not too long ago, too...

Yes, I do believe I've heard that.

The Democrats know full well that the majority of Americans do not want this Health Care Reform Bill to be passed into law yet they intend to go against the wishes of the majority of Americans and pass it anyway. I hope that this will be well-remembered during the next few election cycles and people will vote accordingly. In my life time I do believe that this is the worst thing I have ever seen Congress do. It's pretty scary.

We don't live in a democracy.

For better or worse, we live in a representative republic and that is the type of government we have chosen. We have to live with what we chose. Personally, I'm damned glad we don't live in a strict democracy because then the majority would dictate to the rest of us at all times and we really would have no recourse when our elected officials screwed up like they are doing now.

The Health Insurance Deformation Bill sucks. We are more than likely going to get stuck with it in one form or another between now and the time that President Obama leaves office. It sucks to think that way and this may very well destroy the United States of America economically if not nationally.

But, I'd rather what we have had, than what we would have had.

God Bless America! God Bless Americans Republicans and Democrats alike.

Immie

Last edited:

You are right its not a democracy but a democratic republic to be exact which means the democratic process is limited to what the constitution says it can do and I can't find anything in the constitution that says they can enact this law. Things are not working the way it is suppose to because a congressmen is suppose to check what the constituents back home think before they vote. I know this is a trend most politicians from both parties do but it shouldn't happen because a representative job is to vote as if the people themselves are sitting in the desk.

The fact that people are being ignored no matter what that decision is should be enough to recall your representative which is what I plan on doing in 2010.

No we were not.

You are right its not a democracy but a democratic republic to be exact which means the democratic process is limited to what the constitution says it can do and I can't find anything in the constitution that says they can enact this law. Things are not working the way it is suppose to because a congressmen is suppose to check what the constituents back home think before they vote. I know this is a trend most politicians from both parties do but it shouldn't happen because a representative job is to vote as if the people themselves are sitting in the desk.

The fact that people are being ignored no matter what that decision is should be enough to recall your representative which is what I plan on doing in 2010.

If you cannot find anything in the Constitution that allows healthcare, why don't you suggest to the GOP, who is fighting this plan so hard that they take it up to the Supreme Court. I'm sure the GOP never considered whether this bill is constitutional or not. They will probably welcome your suggestion

No we were not.

Oh, I beg to differ...

If you cannot find anything in the Constitution that allows healthcare, why don't you suggest to the GOP, who is fighting this plan so hard that they take it up to the Supreme Court. I'm sure the GOP never considered whether this bill is constitutional or not. They will probably welcome your suggestion

They are already a lot of efforts in the works to destroy this bill such as state nullification or just challenging it in court.

The Democrats know full well that the majority of Americans do not want this Health Care Reform Bill to be passed into law yet they intend to go against the wishes of the majority of Americans and pass it anyway. I hope that this will be well-remembered during the next few election cycles and people will vote accordingly. In my life time I do believe that this is the worst thing I have ever seen Congress do. It's pretty scary.

What you seem to have forgotten is that Congress in its arrogance believes full well that they know what is best for you even better than you do.

Immie

I seem to remember alot of cons saying under Bush that he should not react to polls

Which is the reason why most republicans lost the election. The same will happen to democrats.

What if they work?

then you will be shit out of luck huh?

I suppose when we see some poor single mom being halled away to jail or losing her home because she had to purchase health insurance then you will be shit out of luck.

Forum List

Back