'We Will Not Engage': Michele Bachmann Reveals GOP Plans to Ignore Executive Amnesty

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Shooting themselves in the head...again! No GUTS, No GLORY!

by Robert Wilde 22 Nov 2014, 2:36 PM PDT

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn) revealed on Saturday that Republican leadership, led by Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Oh), has no intention of resisting President Obama’s executive amnesty that he ordered on Thursday.

Breitbart News Executive Chairman Steven K. Bannon asked the congresswoman, who was a guest on Breitbart News Saturday Sirius XM Patriot channel 125, “Has there been any firm commitment from the leadership of the Republican party saying that this amnesty is not going to happen?” Bachmann replied with a question, “Do you want the truth? Okay, I’ll tell all of Breitbart listeners what happened this week. I was floored!”

In the weekly meeting called “Republican Conference” in the House of Representatives, “we all knew that the big issue for the week was going to be the president announcing his amnesty,” she explained. Bachmann recounted that all of the leadership went to the microphone, including John Boehner.

“They acted as though the amnesty issue wasn’t even an issue. They said that the President is going to do what he’s going to do, and we are not going to get down in the mud with him. We are not going to engage, and what we are going to do is to talk about our positive solutions on jobs, the economy, education, and manufacturing,” Bachmann said.

She added that each congressman who spoke reiterated that not engaging Obama and staying positive was a “brilliant strategy.”

"We will not engage," she reiterated with disgust.

We Will Not Engage Michele Bachmann Reveals GOP Plans to Ignore Executive Amnesty

• Banned
Life mimic's a CARTOON.... Fakey's hero's have surrendered!

dzytfk.jpg

"'We Will Not Engage': Michele Bachmann Reveals GOP Plans to Ignore Executive Amnesty"

At least Bachmann is consistent in her ignorance, stupidity, and propensity to lie, given the fact the president's order in no way constitutes 'amnesty.'

Consequently republicans are at liberty to look ridiculous, and 'ignore' something that doesn't exist.

It's a calculated position.

You can either take him on and fight over the wording of the constitution and the extent to which you can do things.

Or you can fuck with him behind his back all the while not making a big deal out of it.

I like the second approach. Illegals are illegals. They are going to feel it in ways they never imagined. And Obama's little stunt won't help them one bit.

Of course it constitutes amnesty, it's PPREVENTING THEM FROM BEING DEPORTED.... AS THE LAW STIPULATES, Shyster, you're a bigger phony than most Progs in here!
Yes, of course it's amnesty. Anything less than deportation = amnesty. Liberal clowns come up with their own definition of amnesty, and then expect everyone to agree with it. :laugh:

Aside from the fact that I find it hard for anyone to believe what comes out of Bachmann ' s mouth, I guarantee you the republicans will do as little as possible on immigration.

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn) revealed on Saturday that Republican leadership, led by Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Oh), has no intention of resisting President Obama’s executive amnesty that he ordered on Thursday.

Breitbart News Executive Chairman Steven K. Bannon asked the congresswoman, who was a guest on Breitbart News Saturday Sirius XM Patriot channel 125, “Has there been any firm commitment from the leadership of the Republican party saying that this amnesty is not going to happen?” Bachmann replied with a question, “Do you want the truth? Okay, I’ll tell all of Breitbart listeners what happened this week. I was floored!”

In the weekly meeting called “Republican Conference” in the House of Representatives, “we all knew that the big issue for the week was going to be the president announcing his amnesty,” she explained. Bachmann recounted that all of the leadership went to the microphone, including John Boehner.

“They acted as though the amnesty issue wasn’t even an issue. They said that the President is going to do what he’s going to do, and we are not going to get down in the mud with him. We are not going to engage, and what we are going to do is to talk about our positive solutions on jobs, the economy, education, and manufacturing,” Bachmann said.

She added that each congressman who spoke reiterated that not engaging Obama and staying positive was a “brilliant strategy.”

We Will Not Engage Michele Bachmann Reveals GOP Plans to Ignore Executive Amnesty

While I'm very unhappy with this turn of events and am totally against illegal immigration, I don't want the government to shut down or there to be grid lock. That helps no one at all IMO. We need to work to make sure this type of thing doesn't happen again, IMO.

Of course it constitutes amnesty, it's PPREVENTING THEM FROM BEING DEPORTED.... AS THE LAW STIPULATES, Shyster, you're a bigger phony than most Progs in here!

He already did that when he got involved in Arizona's deportation mess.

However, that didn't stop illegals from clearing out and law enforcement from doing things you never heard of.

I know teachers in the Phoenix area whose classes shrunk 30% overnight after the AZ law passed. Guess where everyone went.

JakeTheFake never produced his list because there were no 30 sitting Tea Party Caucus members botted. Things only got more conservative and this is just one more way we are ensured they will continue to do so.

Then comes the day we put a Repubican in the White House and he deports all 20 million of them.

Can't wait to hear the dems scream about that one.

While I'm very unhappy with this turn of events and am totally against illegal immigration, I don't want the government to shut down or there to be grid lock. That helps no one at all IMO. We need to work to make sure this type of thing doesn't happen again, IMO.

I really don't care if they shut down or not.

But, it's better to do something than to cry about it.

Roe has been effectively hemmed in and is constantly under attack. Many states have severely restricted abortion allowance and gotten away with it.

Illegals will be hassled in many other ways. They already are.

Roe has been effectively hemmed in and is constantly under attack. Many states have severely restricted abortion allowance and gotten away with it.

We all know that the dems are only doing this for votes. Let's hope this backfires on their sleazy, corrupt arses.

We all know that the dems are only doing this for votes. Let's hope this backfires on their sleazy, corrupt arses.

In two years, they'll be running from it like they did Obamacare.

The Nation will be yelling at them to run on it. The Nation: the best substitute toilet paper there is.

JakeTheFake never produced his list because there were no 30 sitting Tea Party Caucus members botted. Things only got more conservative and this is just one more way we are ensured they will continue to do so.

Then comes the day we put a Repubican in the White House and he deports all 20 million of them.

What makes you think a Republican president would deport all 20 million illegals even if that was possible? 2 of the last 3 gave amnesty. Republican politicians talk a big game to get the support of xenophobes, but they never deliver. That's because Republican businessmen like the cheap labor. It's just like abortion and gay marriage. Red meat for the base to chew on.

The Republican Party no longer represents conservatives (or Americans). They're more concerned with being "safe" than doing what the people just gave them a mandate to do. Liberal pundits have them convinced that they have to play ball and not rock the boat or they won't get reelected. Boehner and McConnell need to hand over the reigns to Cruz, Walker, and other conservatives who actually have balls, THEN we can fight the tyrant in the WH.

Hey! This is the same state that gave us Jesse Ventura and Al Franken ... must be something in the water up there.

What makes you think a Republican president would deport all 20 million illegals even if that was possible? 2 of the last 3 gave amnesty. Republican politicians talk a big game to get the support of xenophobes, but they never deliver. That's because Republican businessmen like the cheap labor. It's just like abortion and gay marriage. Red meat for the base to chew on.

I postulated the question.

Jonathan Turley has given his opinon that Obama is over reaching and asks the question about the use of the executive order when the GOP is at the helm.

It was a hypothetical.

Do I believe a GOP president would do it. If his name were Ted Cruz....he just might.

I don’t know what you expect. They don’t have any power here. No democrat is going to override Obama on this and Obama certainly is not going to sign any bills that overturn this decision. They have no power and the only thing that would happen if they kicked and screamed about this is that the republicans would look like petulant children.
This is a good thing for the right – it means they are learning from their mistakes over the last few years and are going to step up to the plate. We will see how far they actually take that though.

Forum List

Back