We Were Right to Drop the Bomb

Should We Have Dropped the Atomic Bomb on Japan in 1945

• Yes

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
Yes, we dropped the Bombs on military targets. Sadly, in those days, and even today military bases are surrounded by cities.

A 100 years ago, when Japan built those bases, there was not widespread use of cars and buses. Cities grew up around the bases.

Should our men die, 140,000 prisoners, should they die because the military has civilians as a shield?

And what were those civilians doing during the war? They were guards at the prisons. They worked in the shipyards repairing warships. The innocent civilians made bombs and bullets. The innocent civilians were even building defenses for the military.

But, hey, lets not let a bunch of facts get in the way of your revisionist opinions.

Wrong. Real the entire thread.
Yes, dropping bombs on the 2nd Army Headquarters in Hiroshima was a legitimate target. The city was also a communications center. Hiroshima was storage point as well.

Nagasaki? Repaired ships, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is a great military target. They some of the biggest battleships Japan had. Nagasaki was a very industrialized city, producing all kinds of bombs. Building military equipment. Nagasaki was home of one of four princible naval sea bases as well.

Both, Hiroshima and Nagasaki are military bases

Wrong.

Did you bother to read the article? It says the Swedish minister was approached by " representatives of one of the best known statesmen in Japan" NOT the Japanese government. Plus the only territorial concessions being offered were territories seized during the war and Manchuria. That's status quo ante December Fifth with the addition of Manchuria. All that territory was already lost to the Japanese. With the US blockade Manchuria was nothing but an expense to the Japanese. It wasn't an official offer from the government and didn't meet the terms Stalin, Churchill and FDR had already agreed on to end the war. Unconditional Surrender, just like the Germans had to accept.

Did you bother to read the article? It says the Swedish minister was approached by " representatives of one of the best known statesmen in Japan" NOT the Japanese government. Plus the only territorial concessions being offered were territories seized during the war and Manchuria. That's status quo ante December Fifth with the addition of Manchuria. All that territory was already lost to the Japanese. With the US blockade Manchuria was nothing but an expense to the Japanese. It wasn't an official offer from the government and didn't meet the terms Stalin, Churchill and FDR had already agreed on to end the war. Unconditional Surrender, just like the Germans had to accept.
that shitty user you are responding to, knows everything you have said. It has been told, many many many times in other threads.

They are here, to change history. They do not like that we were the good guys and won the war.
These people are American Marxists. They must take events like this to disparage our great history. The goal of these shitty users is simply to make people hate the USA so they can change it to as close to a American Marxist model as possible.

Rest assured, they know we are right. I post simply to brush up on my history, learn what the revisionists say, and then prove them wrong. I show my children these hateful people and I show them with books how they cherry pic a sentence, and at that they cherry pic when in history they will quote someone, so that story fits there revisionist narrative.

Post for fun, post to show yourself that it is easy to refute their lies. Post so that other people see that the revisionists will lose every argument they make,

I am justifying ending the war, as soon as we could, saving 140,000 pow's

I am pretty fucking happy we saved Pappy Boyington by dropping two atomic bombs
So you believe the lie that the a-bombings were needed to end the war. LOL.

"the vibrant city of over a quarter of a million men, women and children was hardly “a military base.” Indeed, less than 10 percent of the individuals killed on Aug. 6, 1945, were Japanese military personnel."

Try reading the entire article, including the paragraph under the photo.

With the defeat of the newly created 2nd General Army, the USA was close to ending the war Japan started.

After the fall of Okinawa, the command of the Second General Army was relocated to Hiroshima. When the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, most of the military units, logistical arms, and command staff of the Second General Army were killed. Together with the Fifth Division, Fifty-Ninth Army, and other combat divisions in the city who were also hit, an estimated 20,000 Japanese combatants were killed.[1]

Not unless you explain.
you know exactly what it means, play dumb all you want. I am surprised a user name such as yours is allowed, but you are who you are, are you not.

We have gone through this before, so like I said, your act does not fly. You are simply a very sick demented person. It is nice that you make me address you as such.

"the vibrant city of over a quarter of a million men, women and children was hardly “a military base.” Indeed, less than 10 percent of the individuals killed on Aug. 6, 1945, were Japanese military personnel."

Ten percent of the population is a huge number. I doubt that ten percent of the population of DC are military despite it being the headquarters of the largest military force in the world. You just undermined your own point.

you have picked a user name you think is somehow clever? or it is who you are. There are no other results if one searches your name in google, except the result that is not fit to be commented here.
Are you under the impression that all information in the universe is on Google?

Ten percent of the population is a huge number. I doubt that ten percent of the population of DC are military despite it being the headquarters of the largest military force in the world. You just undermined your own point.
If you think that slaughtering 90% civilians is a moral choice, that is for you to live with. It sure as hell isn't American.

Forum List

Back