"We Were Looking For The Lamb Of God, We Were Looking For Mark David"

MSNBC staff and news service reports
updated 38 minutes ago

OMAHA, Neb. - A gunman opened fire at a busy Omaha mall Wednesday, killing at least eight people, wounding at least five others and then killing himself, police officials said.

The gunman left two suicide notes and a will that were found at his home, said a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak. Police told NBC affiliate WOWT-TV that the note said he was "going out in style."

The official identified the gunman as 20-year-old Robert A. Hawkins. Hawkins' vehicle was found in the mall parking lot. Police later detonated a device near the car.

Witnesses said Hawkins pointed a rifle over a third-floor balcony and opened fire in the Von Maur department store at Westroads Mall.

more ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22116784/

I'll be interested to see how this plays out in the investigation. Just wondering if everybody and their brother knew this guy was a psycho like the idiot that did the shooting at VT.

• Banned
I think incidents like this are for the most part an "American" problem or symptom. It speaks something about this "culture" we live in. Does anyone agree?

I think incidents like this are for the most part an "American" problem or symptom. It speaks something about this "culture" we live in. Does anyone agree?

Was reported on the news last night this dude lost his girlfriend, and McDonald's fired him. He decided he no longer wished to be a burden on anyone.:wtf:

What a loser. Both items can be replaced by lunchtime.

I'll be interested to see how this plays out in the investigation. Just wondering if everybody and their brother knew this guy was a psycho like the idiot that did the shooting at VT.

Usually others do know, but this is where you cross into that complex area of what do you do until the person has perpetuated something tragic. We had a few people in our neighborhood who were just plain crazy but it wasn't till something bad happened that police could do anything. One attacked a small girl but thankfully she was ok he was badly retarded and once in adolescence, unable I guess to know right from desire. Cynic - they closed the nut houses down when someone came up with the idea madness was socially constructed.

No I don't, I think it is a universal problem. Alienation and the feeling that in this horrid act I somehow affirm myself and become what I am not in life is a part of many who have not matured in personhood/self confidence. But I don't know the answer.

• Banned
No I don't, I think it is a universal problem. Alienation and the feeling that in this horrid act I somehow affirm myself and become what I am not in life is a part of many who have not matured in personhood/self confidence. But I don't know the answer.

well said.

As for calling him loser. That is closed minded and just plain dick head assholish. If I could know for certain that everyone of those people had the same attitude as Gunny than I would care so less. You honestly think your better than and carry more worth than other folks don't you?

well said.

As for calling him loser. That is closed minded and just plain dick head assholish. If I could know for certain that everyone of those people had the same attitude as Gunny than I would care so less. You honestly think your better than and carry more worth than other folks don't you?

Uh ... yeah, as a matter of fact, dickhead, I do think I'm just a little bit better than some chump who loses his job and his girlfriend and decides the obvious solution is to murder people as a result.

Suicide is the most selfish act one can commit, and the biggest cop-out. Compounding that with deciding to indiscriminately murder people unknown to you just to get your final act on Page One just says this idiot was all about "me," and wallowing in self-pity.

Who gives a rat's ass about the families he's just fucked up forever, to include his own, huh?

But let me guess .... he's a victim, right? If it hadn't been that ungrateful bitch that dumped him, and that corporation that didn't appreciate his skills on the fry bagger, everything would be just hunky-dory, right?

Forum List

Back