We WANT Republicans to run against "contraception"

People use contraception to limit the size of their families to what they can financially support. They space out the children so the mother can recover between children and so they don't have a lot of babies they can't support all at one time. For many women, contraceptives are also used for health reasons.

The vast majority of women take contraceptives including nearly every women of child bearing age including married women.

Republicans are trying to pick a fight against contraception.

All I can say is "bring it on". It's a fight Democrats welcome.
We WANT you to stop posting the same shit every day

good gawd, how many threads have we had on this same topic the last few days, and you still haven't heard it explained..
sheeeeeesh

heh heh You guys are funny. You think protecting a citizen's right to practice or not practice a certain religion's beliefs and practices is an attack on that religion. And you think that violates the First Amendment.

I'll give you this. You're consistent. You never, ever side with the American citizen.

Who on Earth said this? What's wrong with you?

This guy did ...

It is not a fight about contraception. It is a fight about government violation of the First Amendment.

I'm still waiting for one of you to explain how this is the government violating the First Amendment.

heh heh You guys are funny. You think protecting a citizen's right to practice or not practice a certain religion's beliefs and practices is an attack on that religion. And you think that violates the First Amendment.

I'll give you this. You're consistent. You never, ever side with the American citizen.

This guy did ...

It is not a fight about contraception. It is a fight about government violation of the First Amendment.

I'm still waiting for one of you to explain how this is the government violating the First Amendment.

Where in that statement does he say "protecting a citizen's right to practice or not practice a certain religion's beliefs and practices is an attack on that religion"

??

Obama decided to force churches to pay for something which is against their religion. Don't be stupid.

Right ... but how is that in violation of the First Amendment?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Sounds to me like there was no law respecting a religion, so how does that translate to an attack on the First Amendment?

I bolded and enlarged the relevant part for your attenuated mind.

ETA: I see Quantum Windbag beat me to it, but repetition is often required for some people.

Quite true, some people only learn by rote.

Rdean.jpg

Retardean was dropped on his head often as a baby, and even more as an adult. Given his damaged brain and limited intellectual capacity, one needs to break things down to their most fundamental level for Retardean to grasp. Even then, it's a crap shoot that he'll understand...anyhow....Here goes....

Birth Control? Yes.
Government Control? No.

Get it Retardean??

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Which words in "Obama decided to force churches to pay for something which is against their religion" were too big for you to understand?

I've come to the conclusion, Don'tbeStupid is one of the Obama's (truth squad goons).

Notice how he come into every thread about him and disrupts it every time with the same BS over and over..

This guy did ...

Where in that statement does he say "protecting a citizen's right to practice or not practice a certain religion's beliefs and practices is an attack on that religion"

??

Because that's what Obama is doing and that is what is supposedly an attack and in violation.

Look, are you guys honestly trying to say that if you work for a religious organization that you must follow all their tenets, even in your private life, and that this is protected by the First Amendment?

Because if so, you have a seriously fucked up view of the First Amendment.

This guy did ...

??

Because that's what Obama is doing and that is what is supposedly an attack and in violation.

Look, are you guys honestly trying to say that if you work for a religious organization that you must follow all their tenets, even in your private life, and that this is protected by the First Amendment?

No. We are saying that you should buy your own condoms on your own dime, or at least not the Churches dime. You want an Abortion? You seriously think the Church should pay for what it does not condone. Go to Planned Parenthood.

I've come to the conclusion, Don'tbeStupid is one of the Obama's (truth squad goons).

Notice how he come into every thread about him and disrupts it every time with the same BS over and over..

If by "BS" you mean asking you to explain your position on an issue, then yes, that's what I do. I do it to everyone.

It's amazing how many people, like you, can't explain their own positions.

Which words in "Obama decided to force churches to pay for something which is against their religion" were too big for you to understand?

The part where you think that violates the First Amendment. You still haven't explained that.

Or is your position, that the First Amendment allows a church to force its beliefs into the private lives of its workers? Is that your opinion?

We have Amish in our area. We can't make them put reflectors on the back of their wagons. Violates their freedom of religion. Never mind all the accidents from car/wagon accidents. Pretty far from a religious position reflectors. Yet, something like forcing contraceptive coverage floats right by idiots like you.

??

No. We are saying that you should buy your own condoms on your own dime, or at least not the Churches dime. You want an Abortion? You seriously think the Church should pay for what it does not condone. Go to Planned Parenthood.

You're getting emotional. Stop and think about this for a second.

A citizen has a Constitutionally protected right to practice or not practice, any religion he wants, so long as it does not harm another citizen.

A Church, does NOT have a Constitutionally protected right to force its employees to live their lives by the Church's beliefs. They simply don't have that right.

This is not about what I condone or don't. This is about the law. The law is on the side of the citizens, not the Church.

The part where you think that violates the First Amendment. You still haven't explained that.

I guess I was right. Some people really do need repetition before they actually see stuff. Are you not reading the replies to your own posts?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Forcing a Church to pay for something which is in violation of its doctrines is a violation of the free exercise of its religion, and therefore a violation of the First Amendment. It does not get simpler than that.

[Or is your position, that the First Amendment allows a church to force its beliefs into the private lives of its workers? Is that your opinion?

How is not paying for someone's abortion forcing someone else's beliefs on the person seeking the abortion?

Were the workers unaware the Catholic Church is opposed to contraception or abortion before they went to work for the Church? Don't be stupid.

Last edited:

A citizen has a Constitutionally protected right to practice or not practice, any religion he wants, so long as it does not harm another citizen.

A Church, does NOT have a Constitutionally protected right to force its employees to live their lives by the Church's beliefs. They simply don't have that right.

This is not about what I condone or don't. This is about the law. The law is on the side of the citizens, not the Church.

How is the Church forcing their beliefs on someone by not paying for their abortion? Please explain that one.

The twisted reasoning it takes to come up with that train of thought is simply amazing to me.

The church isn't paying for contraceptives. They also aren't firing employees that do. No rights violation. Pay for your own play.

BISHOP: Well, Miss Jones, you have a very impressive resume. We are considering hiring you as a nurse at our hospital.

JONES: What would my salary be?

BISHOP: Salary starts at about $50K a year.

JONES: Very nice. And medical insurance?

BISHOP: We have an insurance plan that is owned and operated by the Church, which you would be covered under.

JONES: And does it pay for abortions?

BISHOP: I thought you were a smart person!

JONES: How about contraception?

BISHOP: Contraception is against the doctrine of the Church.

JONES: I think the government should make you pay for the Pill and abortions.

BISHOP: I think you should work somewhere else.

JONES: You are forcing your beliefs on me!!! :mad::mad:

Forum List

Back