We WANT Republicans to run against "contraception"

It is not a fight about contraception. It is a fight about government violation of the First Amendment.

WOW!! What?

I would LOVE to hear this explained!

Obama decided to force churches to pay for something which is against their religion. Don't be stupid.

Right ... but how is that in violation of the First Amendment?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Sounds to me like there was no law respecting a religion, so how does that translate to an attack on the First Amendment?

It is not a fight about contraception. It is a fight about government violation of the First Amendment.

WOW!! What?

Easy, the RCC was trying to enforce its religious tenets on its non-religious employees in violation of the 1st.

So if the Roman Catholic church found out one of its employees had an abortion, I suppose you would be against the church being allowed to fire them, eh?

No one is forcing anyone to work for the Church. If they don't like religion, DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR THEM.

Don't be stupid.

BISHOP: Well, Miss Jones, you have a very impressive resume. We are considering hiring you as a nurse at our hospital.

JONES: What would my salary be?

BISHOP: Salary starts at about $50K a year.

JONES: Very nice. And medical insurance?

BISHOP: We have an insurance plan that is owned and operated by the Church, which you would be covered under.

JONES: And does it pay for abortions?

BISHOP: I thought you were a smart person!

JONES: How about contraception?

BISHOP: Contraception is against the doctrine of the Church.

JONES: I think the government should make you pay for the Pill and abortions.

BISHOP: I think you should work somewhere else.

WOW!! What?

Obama decided to force churches to pay for something which is against their religion. Don't be stupid.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Sounds to me like there was no law respecting a religion, so how does that translate to an attack on the First Amendment?

OMFG!
OMFG!
OMFG!
OMFG!
OMFG!

Are you really THAT Fucking stupid?

obama decided to force churches to pay for something which is against their religion. Don't be stupid.

right ... But how is that in violation of the first amendment?

"congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

sounds to me like there was no law respecting a religion, so how does that translate to an attack on the first amendment?

omfg!
omfg!
omfg!
omfg!
omfg!

are you really that fucking stupid?

*yes*

WOW!! What?

:cuckoo:

WOW!! What?

good gawd, how many threads have we had on this same topic the last few days, and you still haven't heard it explained..
sheeeeeesh

heh heh You guys are funny. You think protecting a citizen's right to practice or not practice a certain religion's beliefs and practices is an attack on that religion. And you think that violates the First Amendment.

I'll give you this. You're consistent. You never, ever side with the American citizen.

Obama is supposed to be the smartest person in the room.
That's what we are being told all the time...
Maybe it's his arrogance getting in the way.
Or his I don't give a crap attitude.
But he made a huge mistake with this nonsense
with the Catholic church and it's not gonna go away anytime soon.

rdean almost gets it 6% of the time

almost

You give him too much credit, del. Having thoroughly researched the actual statistics, I can confirm the following:

94% of rdweeb's posts are complete bullshit.

6% are pics with no substance.

When times are darkest and most dangerous, who do most people turn to? A church.

WOW!! What?

good gawd, how many threads have we had on this same topic the last few days, and you still haven't heard it explained..
sheeeeeesh

heh heh You guys are funny. You think protecting a citizen's right to practice or not practice a certain religion's beliefs and practices is an attack on that religion. And you think that violates the First Amendment.

I'll give you this. You're consistent. You never, ever side with the American citizen.

Who on Earth said this? What's wrong with you?

WOW!! What?

I bolded and enlarged the relevant part for your attenuated mind.

ETA: I see Quantum Windbag beat me to it, but repetition is often required for some people.

Last edited:
People use contraception to limit the size of their families to what they can financially support. They space out the children so the mother can recover between children and so they don't have a lot of babies they can't support all at one time. For many women, contraceptives are also used for health reasons.

The vast majority of women take contraceptives including nearly every women of child bearing age including married women.

Republicans are trying to pick a fight against contraception.

All I can say is "bring it on". It's a fight Democrats welcome.

I,I,I,....Me,Me,Me, I Want, I want, I want. = RDean Political platform for Supreme Ruler.

Forum List

Back