We want our country back!

R

rdean

I have to admit, Republicans do confuse me.

Right now, Republicans seem to be angry mostly about two themes:

1. We want our country back

Not sure who they think has it. To me, it seems more like nostalgia. A return to an imaginary “better day”.

2. Where are the jobs that were promised?

Now, several people became very angry when I said, “Well, what are you qualified for? If you don’t believe in education, then what are you qualified for?”

Then came this suggeston that colleges are controlled by left wing intellectuals with an “agenda” and the reason right wing colleges are rated so low is because it’s left wing radicals making the determinations.

So, Republicans want the country “back”.

And,

They don’t like the educational system and feel something else should be “taught”. (To me, that means ID).

So, the questions,

“Who are we taking the country back from? And who should be “allowed” to live here? What rights should they be allowed?”

What is it they want taught that will bring jobs and what kind of jobs?

I believe those are fair questions.

Not sure who they think has it. To me, it seems more like nostalgia. A return to an imaginary “better day”.

Now, several people became very angry when I said, “Well, what are you qualified for? If you don’t believe in education, then what are you qualified for?”

Then came this suggeston that colleges are controlled by left wing intellectuals with an “agenda” and the reason right wing colleges are rated so low is because it’s left wing radicals making the determinations.

And,

They don’t like the educational system and feel something else should be “taught”. (To me, that means ID).

So, the questions,

“Who are we taking the country back from? And who should be “allowed” to live here? What rights should they be allowed?”

You are of course aware that the democrats used THE EXACT SAME LINE when out of power?

Did you ask Howard Dean who he was taking the country back from when he was running a few years ago?

Republicans confuse me as well. They used to be our last line of defense against Leftist wackos like Obama, Pelosi and Reid until they let LBJ-style Necons take over the party. We don't need a Democrat and a Democrat-lite party, especially since the country leans slightly to the Right. The majority of Americans want their country back, not just the Republicans.

Republicans confuse me as well. They used to be our last line of defense against Leftist wackos like Obama, Pelosi and Reid until they let LBJ-style Necons take over the party. We don't need a Democrat and a Democrat-lite party, especially since the country leans slightly to the Right. The majority of Americans want their country back, not just the Republicans.

The MAJORITY of Americans NEVER lose their country - because the majority elects who they choose.
Just because you are in the minority now, you whine.
Typical.
The majority of Americans elected a Democratic House, a Democratic Senate, and a Democratic President.
Don't like it? Get enough votes and change it. It's not YOUR country - it is OUR country and the majority gets what the majority wants.

And,

So, the questions,

You are of course aware that the democrats used THE EXACT SAME LINE when out of power?

Did you ask Howard Dean who he was taking the country back from when he was running a few years ago?

So, republicans are wholesale copying democratic propaganda because the reps think it worked welll?????

I am going to let you Republicans in on something--Democratic propaganda is crap. Crap since 1992!!! Everybody knows that--except Republicans I guess.

So, the questions,

OK.
We are taking the country back from the big government types, Republican or Democrat, who want to impose taxes and mandates, who go around apologizing for everything this country has done for 200 years, who think there isn't a social, political or economic problem out there that can't be solved by another gov't program, and are happy to pander to special interest groups like unions, Rainbow Coalition, etc etc. That's what we want to get rid of.
Who should be allowed to live here? U.S. citizens and anyone who wants to come here to better himself through work. What rights should they be allowed? All the rights enumerated in the US and state constitutions.
We want basic American values of work ethic, patriotism, and competence in the four Rs taught. Also that failure has consequences.
What kind of jobs? Those that are created by a capitalist system that runs on the assumption that the market takes care of most issues.

The MAJORITY of Americans NEVER lose their country - because the majority elects who they choose.
Typical.
The majority of Americans elected a Democratic House, a Democratic Senate, and a Democratic President.
Don't like it? Get enough votes and change it. It's not YOUR country - it is OUR country and the majority gets what the majority wants.

Uh, no. The last few elections, the majority of the country has elected the lesser of two evils. The only reason Bush was elected for the 2nd terms was because John Kerry was running. And the only reason Obama was elected was because of John McCain and Sarah Palin (and, of course, Bush). Now his approval rating is - drum roll please - less than 50%. The same applies to Congress.

So, the questions,

OK.
We are taking the country back from the big government types, Republican or Democrat, who want to impose taxes and mandates, who go around apologizing for everything this country has done for 200 years, who think there isn't a social, political or economic problem out there that can't be solved by another gov't program, and are happy to pander to special interest groups like unions, Rainbow Coalition, etc etc. That's what we want to get rid of.
Who should be allowed to live here? U.S. citizens and anyone who wants to come here to better himself through work. What rights should they be allowed? All the rights enumerated in the US and state constitutions.
We want basic American values of work ethic, patriotism, and competence in the four Rs taught. Also that failure has consequences.
What kind of jobs? Those that are created by a capitalist system that runs on the assumption that the market takes care of most issues.

So, who runs the military? The EPA? Roads and Railways? Seems like it would take a pretty big government. Just asking.

What kind of jobs? Is education important? What kind of education?

Yours was the first post that kind of explained something or asked a question.

Typical.

Uh, no. The last few elections, the majority of the country has elected the lesser of two evils. The only reason Bush was elected for the 2nd terms was because John Kerry was running. And the only reason Obama was elected was because of John McCain and Sarah Palin (and, of course, Bush). Now his approval rating is - drum roll please - less than 50%. The same applies to Congress.

Yeah yeah you can try to spin a rationalization but it's just empty rhetoric. Obama was elected, a Democratic majority was elected in both the House and Senate. And only one hyper-partisan pole has Obama's approval below 50 - every other polling orgainzation has him above 50.

The fact that you discount every other poll EXCEPT the one that mirrors your bias calls your "facts" into serious question. Regardless - we do not elect our government by conducting a poll - we elect our leaders by conducting an election. They won - you lost. Stop whining and pretending your a majority and get off your butt and MAKE YOURSELVES a majority.

Until then - you're just a pathetic whiner.

So, the questions,

OK.

So, who runs the military? The EPA? Roads and Railways? Seems like it would take a pretty big government. Just asking.

What kind of jobs? Is education important? What kind of education?

Yours was the first post that kind of explained something or asked a question.

The military is a legitimate function of the federal gov't. Roads are sort of a legitimate function, although turning them over to the states wouldn't be a bad idea either. The EPA can go away and their budget given over to the states.
What kind of jobs? I dunno. Back in the 1970s I didn't predict all the tech jobs today. I don' t know what kinds of jobs will be in demand in 15 years. But neither does the gov't and they shouldn't be in the business of predicting this.
I outlined the kind of education I meant.

I have yet to say those words but I do foresee it within the next 5 - 10 years if Obama is "successful" in his "radical transformation" of this country. Fortunately, he hasn't accomplished much. Except spending.

I forsee the radical right becoming more and more irrelevant. Just as the radical left is now irrelevant. And I forsee much wailing and gnashing of teeth by the fringers because "America is not America anymore."

yawn

America is exactly what Americans want it to be.

Don't like it?

Change it.

Typical.

Yeah yeah you can try to spin a rationalization but it's just empty rhetoric. Obama was elected, a Democratic majority was elected in both the House and Senate. And only one hyper-partisan pole has Obama's approval below 50 - every other polling orgainzation has him above 50.

The fact that you discount every other poll EXCEPT the one that mirrors your bias calls your "facts" into serious question. Regardless - we do not elect our government by conducting a poll - we elect our leaders by conducting an election. They won - you lost. Stop whining and pretending your a majority and get off your butt and MAKE YOURSELVES a majority.

No bias. You can continue with the insults until you're blue in the face, but it's not going to help your cause. The problem with most Americans (like yourself) is that you want to choose the 'winning team', even though they don't necessarily represents what you believe. In the end, it comes down to who you think will not screw up the most. Obviously, the Republicans screwed-up as I've said. Now we see the dangers of electing someone who runs on such meaningless mantras as 'hope and change'.

Here's the fact: the country leans slightly right. Those who are in office do not represent the majority. Insult me all you want, deny the truth all you want, but you will not change that fact.

No bias. You can continue with the insults until you're blue in the face, but it's not going to help your cause. The problem with most Americans (like yourself) is that you want to choose the 'winning team', even though they don't necessarily represents what you believe. In the end, it comes down to who you think will not screw up the most. Obviously, the Republicans screwed-up as I've said. Now we see the dangers of electing someone who runs on such meaningless mantras as 'hope and change'.

Here's the fact: the country leans slightly right. Those who are in office do not represent the majority. Insult me all you want, deny the truth all you want, but you will not change that fact.

Your part of the country leans slightly right, Xsited. Other parts slightly left. Overall, we tend to stagger right around that yellow line down the center.
I fail to see how "hope" and "change" are an issue. It was a campaign slogan. What did you expect? "We're fucked" and "Just like the other guy"?

You want to take this county back to the time of founding fathers who were white and for white people A time when black were not considered human, not no rights and this country were run by whites for whites. Times and things have changed and it will never be like it was a hundred years ago. They are not in control and will never be in control again.
Whites are becoming a minority and Hispanics are fast becoming the majority.

I don't like either party, they both screw up just about everything they touch. But some of the "issues" that float around are too ridiculous for words. :rolleyes:

Your part of the country leans slightly right, Xsited. Other parts slightly left. Overall, we tend to stagger right around that yellow line down the center.
I fail to see how "hope" and "change" are an issue. It was a campaign slogan. What did you expect? "We're fucked" and "Just like the other guy"?

We actually 'stagger' a bit to the right, but let's not let that get in the way. Hope and Change were definitely an issue because people actually bought it. You don't have to tell me what to expect. I already knew! I just wish others had known, but Americans seem to be getting dumber all the time.

Forum List

Back