We want more, NOW!

WASHINGTON—The Senate on Tuesday voted to advance a measure to fund disaster relief in the aftermath of Hurricane Irene, as eight Republicans broke with their caucus to join Democrats in support of providing immediate funding.

The 61-38 vote brought together Republicans from states that have faced their own natural disasters with Democrats who said the need for aid is urgent. The Federal Emergency Management Agency is running out of money to respond to disasters and has had to put
Disaster-Relief Measure Clears Senate - WSJ.com

So now Federal Emergency Managment is pork, too?

Interesting POV, boys.

Spending billions in Afghanistan is jake, but spending money rebuilding America after natural disasters is a bad idea?

Seriously, you people are nuts.

No, both are bad ideas. Can you point to where FEMA is authorized in the Constitution?

it's called the general welfare clause.

you really should learn something about the constitution.

at least you loons aren't even pretending to be "compassionate" any more.

Oh yeah percy.... let's all trust that FOX has our best interests at heart. I guess they do... IF you are a corporatist.

Pfft...another media outlet not to be taken in isolation.

Thank god for the internet (oh crap...Al Gore is going to call me on that one)

Ok.... heritage.org and the like... they are all the same... The internet is no bastian of truth either. You people need to stop listening to others and start listening to your hearts. God is watching... and your side is on the wrong side of him.

Ok.... heritage.org and the like... they are all the same... The internet is no bastian of truth either. You people need to stop listening to others and start listening to your hearts. God is watching... and your side is on the wrong side of him.

I listen to facts as best as I can sort em out.
I am not a faith based follower.

Oh, so now you claim to know the will of God in respect to government budgets and assistance and have the audacity to claim authority to speak that will? :cuckoo::cuckoo::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back