We want answers, there are none

Because being a humble, charitable, and honest people with a desire to uplift our fellow man is going to lead to countless more massacres.

thats all well and good, i just don't want society to take your path to get there.
Plenty of violence has been done in the name of god and no god. You have no more cred than the rest of them.

Sounds like a lazy response. Lump everyone together and you don't actually have to think about it, let alone learn how to differentiate between people.[/QUOTE]

No, not really, if people want to move towards those goals and need god to do it great. I don't want them doing what you do, and thinking like you. You pervert "god" for your own agenda's. You go above and beyond on that aspect, that is unneeded.

On the other hand,

Indoctrinated youth + banned video games + banned fire arms = Obama utopia

well you certainly are a retard.

Anyways as for the Op, which is pure bullshit. Answers will come in the future when more facts come out. Thy're answers out there to solve these issues, but you rather over sensationalize them in order to put them down.

You are not helping, throwing your hands up in the air is an insult to those kids who was killed. Saying "oh well, this shit is going to happen" Makes you worthless. That as a human being should be unacceptable period.

The fact that some of you think this way is just pathetic.

Oh and turning to god isnt the answer Avatar.

Seriously? Are you telling me that there is a way to predict when one person out of over 300 million in this nation alone is going to snap? Are you telling me there are laws we can erect to stop that from happening? Are you telling me that even if we had a ban on all guns that every gun in this nation would miraculously disappear to never have evil shine its light again? What happens when a mad man uses a knife to wield his vicitms with, do we them ban all of them as well? Are you telling me that if we lock them down in walls without windows it assures us that when they step outside those doors, that nothing is going to happen bad?
Don't tell me I am insulting in any way. Shit happens. It is a fact of life. In a zero tolerance, gun free zone, staffed with security officers, and surrounded by high fences. my son walked out of a bathroom at his school to then hear as he closed the door, the pop of a gun as a fellow student took his own life. Nothing could have prevented him from being the victim instead if that child had decided he wanted to take my sons, rather than his own. No walls anywhere, no laws anywhere could have prevented it from happening. The child (middle school) actually got ahold of the gun illegally. So no laws would have prevented that child from taking his own life or my sons if he had so desired.

Trying to convince others that outrageous laws would prevent a mad man from doing what they have set out to do is insulting.

you can't view this issue as all or nothing. You play the odds with these things. People are always going to die, but you take reasonable steps to prevent these things from happening.

If an Armed guard stops 80% more of these things from happening, then why is that a bad thing? ( i made that stat up only as an example)

If shatter proof glass would prevent this, why is that a waste of money?

There is no perfect answer, and looking for one is a fools errand, but we shouldnt just accept this like you stated in your OP. Thats an insult.

No, not really, if people want to move towards those goals and need god to do it great. I don't want them doing what you do, and thinking like you. You pervert "god" for your own agenda's. You go above and beyond on that aspect, that is unneeded.

My agenda is the truth and liberty.

Why? Because that's what God teaches us.

Why do people who admittingly have no knowledge of God try to act as if they know what God wants?

My agenda is the truth and liberty.

Why? Because that's what God teaches us.

Why do people who admittingly have no knowledge of God try to act as if they know what God wants?

your agenda is to get people to follow your faith. You've stated this on here before.

Why do people who think they have knowledge of god, act as if they know what god wants?

I am sick at heart from talking about this for days on end.

But but...the Leftytoons are only on their 257th duplicate thread. Shouldn't we at least get to 500?

Disaffected youth + violent video games + easy access to assualt weapons = massacre

Yeah yeah we heard you the first time. And it's still no.

Last edited:

Anyways as for the Op, which is pure bullshit. Answers will come in the future when more facts come out. Thy're answers out there to solve these issues, but you rather over sensationalize them in order to put them down.

You are not helping, throwing your hands up in the air is an insult to those kids who was killed. Saying "oh well, this shit is going to happen" Makes you worthless. That as a human being should be unacceptable period.

Seriously? Are you telling me that there is a way to predict when one person out of over 300 million in this nation alone is going to snap? Are you telling me there are laws we can erect to stop that from happening? Are you telling me that even if we had a ban on all guns that every gun in this nation would miraculously disappear to never have evil shine its light again? What happens when a mad man uses a knife to wield his vicitms with, do we them ban all of them as well? Are you telling me that if we lock them down in walls without windows it assures us that when they step outside those doors, that nothing is going to happen bad?
Don't tell me I am insulting in any way. Shit happens. It is a fact of life. In a zero tolerance, gun free zone, staffed with security officers, and surrounded by high fences. my son walked out of a bathroom at his school to then hear as he closed the door, the pop of a gun as a fellow student took his own life. Nothing could have prevented him from being the victim instead if that child had decided he wanted to take my sons, rather than his own. No walls anywhere, no laws anywhere could have prevented it from happening. The child (middle school) actually got ahold of the gun illegally. So no laws would have prevented that child from taking his own life or my sons if he had so desired.

Trying to convince others that outrageous laws would prevent a mad man from doing what they have set out to do is insulting.

you can't view this issue as all or nothing. You play the odds with these things. People are always going to die, but you take reasonable steps to prevent these things from happening.

If an Armed guard stops 80% more of these things from happening, then why is that a bad thing? ( i made that stat up only as an example)

If shatter proof glass would prevent this, why is that a waste of money?

There is no perfect answer, and looking for one is a fools errand, but we shouldnt just accept this like you stated in your OP. Thats an insult.

You see, the stats are that the odds are more in our favor to live life to its fullest and to have lived than to live behind false walls of security and fear, and it could still happen. Such as with the child that got a gun into my son's school, with all sorts of walls of protection that did nothing to protect the child that took his life or if he had so desired, taken the life of my son.
To give one a false sense of security where it could still happen is insulting, rather than to let them know the odds are in their favor nothing such as this will actually happen and to learn to live without a constant fear of what could be.

Our automatic reaction as parents is to move heaven and earth to keep our children safe from all the tragedies and evils in this world, but you know what? The truth is we can't possibly shield them from every unknown. What we can do is cherish them and do what we can to make them feel safe, but not stop them from living life to its fullest because of some tragedy or evil that could be lurking.

If it turns out there was some outward signs that could have helped prevent this, without building walls around our children, then yes, have at it. But tell me those scenarios if you will in which a mentally ill person could not get a gun if they truly wanted one.

In 2008, according to the census there were 76 million children and adults attending school. I would assume for 2012 that number is even higher.

And no, I am not making light of this tragedy in any way. It is tragic beyond comprehension. But I also know that we can not safeguard each and every child for each and every moment of their lives, unfortunately, but the odds are in their favor. And I don't think that having them go to schools in a prison like atmosphere is the answer.

I do believe that mental health has to be looked upon as a serious issue that does not have proper research going into it.

And did you go to school with armed guards? IF not, you still survived.

Last edited:
you didnt even read what i said....You are a waste of time.

I read exactly what you said. Seems to me you are the one not reading or being unrealistic or expecting the impossible.

Last edited:
Disaffected youth + violent video games + easy access to assualt weapons = massacre

On the other hand,

Indoctrinated youth + banned video games + banned fire arms = Obama utopia

Exactly!
What's going on to cause these things?
What makes the US so much more violent than other advanced countries?
It isn't all about gun ownership, it's about the culture of violence.
These things must be discussed but won't be because of a narrow, selfish lobby frightened of losing some 'rights'.

The solution is, obviously, to do nothing.

Like the ant stepped on and crushed by a toddler taking his first steps...you just never know when you are going to be in a room with a nutjob blowing lead into your noggin.

Them's the breaks! Be happy bitches! Look at the positives. Those 20 kids getting smoked ups YOUR odds of not meeting GI Jackass!

you didnt even read what i said....You are a waste of time.

I read exactly what you said. Seems to me you are the one not reading or being unrealistic or expecting the impossible.

really? how is taking certain steps to make this less possible unrealistic?
you want to nothing, i want to do something. You talk in absolutes, i talk about making it harder to have happen.

since that is the answer, according to you wrycatcher, that also means we need to take vehicles off the road or ban anyone from age 0-24 from riding in one, or being in the vicinity of one as according to the cdc-
...................... age 1-4..............age 5-9...........10-14.........15-24....total

Motor vehicle 343.......................354..............452...........7024.....8173
Intentional firearm 43.........................58..............107...........3889.....4097

What people don't understand is I actually hate guns and even one death is too many, but I also know that most that have them legally will never use them to commit a murder. But even one death from a vehicle is too many as well.

Forum List

Back