We The People

Quantum

Rookie
May 17, 2012
I propose that we create a new branch of government called We The People and create a new competing currency and give one unit to every vote any representative of we the people make. Literally hiring ourselves to control our government. This branch would hold the most authority and be fast and efficient at making decisions.

I realize that people are apathetic and this would be very unlikely to happen but it would be very good government if it were to happen. T

I don't understand what you're suggesting.

How would these "representatives" of "We the people" be elected? Or do you mean that we'd all vote, and the country would be turned into a direct democracy?

Not completely a direct democracy I would leave current system intact with the addition of new branch that would allow for every citizen to help make decisions. The only way it is corrupted is if we all were corrupted or at least a majority. It may be better to require a certain threshold of votes rather then a simple majority.

Not completely a direct democracy I would leave current system intact with the addition of new branch that would allow for every citizen to help make decisions. The only way it is corrupted is if we all were corrupted or at least a majority. It may be better to require a certain threshold of votes rather then a simple majority.

Um... i hate to break this to you...

Hmmm. I see. Did you account for...... human nature?

I propose that we create a new branch of government called We The People and create a new competing currency and give one unit to every vote any representative of we the people make. Literally hiring ourselves to control our government. This branch would hold the most authority and be fast and efficient at making decisions.

And needless to say these ‘decisions’ wouldn’t be subject to judicial review.

You mean I could get my own pork?

You would be your own pork.

I actually see it as being a less corrupted system then what currently stands but we know what the odds of this actually happening are just over 0.0. Anyway when some problem hits and our current economic system fails watch how fast we will change things collectively one way or another.

I actually see it as being a less corrupted system then what currently stands but we know what the odds of this actually happening are just over 0.0. Anyway when some problem hits and our current economic system fails watch how fast we will change things collectively one way or another.

Well, I am glad you can see it being less corrupted, but I personally dont. The Republic was designed with countless checks and balances to counter human nature. I dont see how what your proposing does anything else.

Change will come fast if we aren't careful. You are right about that. Which is precisely why we need to be advocating to Restore the Checks and balances the Founders provided not eliminating them. We need to stand up for the Constitution.

Forum List

Back