'We Thank Thee for the Privilege of Living as Free Men'

Good ole 1954....when you could thank god for living as free white, christian, heterosexual MEN

Todays Republican Party

Good ole 2012....when you could thank Liberals for living as poor middle class, atheist, fanook and metrosexual men.

Very true....You are now actually FREE to live anyway you choose

I could say quite a few things but considering who I'd be replying to, I'll just :lol: and move on.

Hollywood's 1954 Thanksgiving Prayer: 'We Thank Thee for the Privilege of Living as Free Men'

On Thanksgiving week in 1954, NBC aired a holiday-themed “Father Knows Best” that ended with the family praying before their meal, including thanking God “for the privilege of living as free men in a country which respects our freedom and our personal rights to worship and think and speak as we choose.”

Hollywood's 1954 Thanksgiving Prayer: 'We Thank Thee for the Privilege of Living as Free Men' | CNS News

Well given that the fictional Anderson family lived a very affluent life, they had a LOT to be thankful for.

Remember their house? By the standards of that day the Andersons were living lives of very well off...probably in the top 10% of all incomes of that age.

I lived near a country judge and the dean of Lafayette college in those days and their houses were smaller and less impressive than the Andersons'.

Not that I think I'm telling any of us anything new, but the 1950s TV families lifestyles were not remotely like the lives most Americans lived.

I love all the deep analysis of "Father Knows Best" and what my intentions are. :badgrin:

I made no comments about the reason for your thread, beretta.

Ever think it was posted just for the season and the fact that we should be thankful for what we have? :confused:

I really didn't care what YOUR motive was for posting it to be completely frank, B.

All your post did was give me an opportunity for me to bitch about the magical thinking that shows like Father's Knows Best" used back in the 50's.

I love the assumed and alleged innuendo. Keep it coming. :clap2:

Did you accidently hit the wrong quote button?

Because your every complaint about my post has not a thing to do with anything I'd written in that post, but your complaints surely do respond to the posts that others have written in response to yours.

Well given that the fictional Anderson family lived a very affluent life, they had a LOT to be thankful for.

Remember their house? By the standards of that day the Andersons were living lives of very well off...probably in the top 10% of all incomes of that age.

I lived near a country judge and the dean of Lafayette college in those days and their houses were smaller and less impressive than the Andersons'.

Not that I think I'm telling any of us anything new, but the 1950s TV families lifestyles were not remotely like the lives most Americans lived.

I made no comments about the reason for your thread, beretta.

I really didn't care what YOUR motive was for posting it to be completely frank, B.

All your post did was give me an opportunity for me to bitch about the magical thinking that shows like Father's Knows Best" used back in the 50's.

I love the assumed and alleged innuendo. Keep it coming. :clap2:

Did you accidently hit the wrong quote button?

Because your every complaint about my post has not a thing to do with anything I'd written in that post, but your complaints surely do respond to the posts that others have written in response to yours.

:eusa_boohoo: See what happens when one gets cute and fucks with the quote function. Did I post the above that thanks to you is now attributeed to me or did you? Now you successfully screwed up who is replying to whom and who posted what. All to whine over nothing.

Last edited:
When did you develop mind reading capablilities or do you just say whatever you pull from your ass? Short of that, you seem to have a knack for making up WHAT YOU SEEM TO THINK PEOPLE'S INTENTIONS are.

Guy, you've spent 6000 posts putting your thought processes on display.

But If I am judging you incorrectly, please feel free to make a correction.

I can say more pertinent things with a fart than you can with 10,000 posts. Obsess much like jillian? Or do I have to set your ass straight and refer you to my post of a few days ago?

You might have caught it if you weren't so self aborbed dwelling on the same issues and responses all day long.

Never a new thing out of you.

So you are pretty much admitting you are a useful idiot to the plutocrats, then?

Good ole 2012....when you could thank Liberals for living as poor middle class, atheist, fanook and metrosexual men.

Very true....You are now actually FREE to live anyway you choose

I could say quite a few things but considering who I'd be replying to, I'll just :lol: and move on.

In short you can't refute his point either.

And you didn't even touch SeaWytch's point about asking what "rights' you've lost since 1954...

Forum List

Back