We Sure are Lucky to have the Obamas

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toro, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,106
    Just ask them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/opinion/sunday/dowd-showtime-at-the-apollo.html?_r=1

2. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    you need a powerful ego to get and keep motivated in politics, most especially when you play for all the marbles. They all , R or D have it, its part of their DMA and why they get up everyday.

it manifests itself in many ways, and that being said, I am not surprised a wit at this, or what I have read in the past.

Michelle for example apparently feels she doesn't make enough time for herself, shes taking care of everyone else you see, having to leave ahead of her husband to vacation because her jobs is so crushing she simply has to get away soonest, the superannuated belief in their , uhm, superiority(?) and a supreme narcissism, hey, for someone who has always been the golden child, and is surrounded by a valerie jarret who has made comments before that would make even the most craven sycophant cringe, and , she really really really believes what she is saying, its rarefied air, thats for sure.

The Barak comments ala ; They cling to guns or religion to a supposedly closed audience and the comments he made on radio as to the Supreme Court never venturing into the issues of redistribution of wealth and sort of more basic issues of political and economic justice in this society, well, there ya go. You know where his head is at.

3. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    from a column I read this morning........

In an interview with Fareed Zakaria for this week’s Time cover story...

Asked about his cool, aloof style and his unproductive relationship with John Boehner, Obama replied: “You know, the truth is, actually, when it comes to Congress, the issue is not personal relationships. My suspicion is that this whole critique has to do with the fact that I don’t go to a lot of Washington parties. And as a consequence, the Washington press corps maybe just doesn’t feel like I’m in the mix enough with them, and they figure, well, if I’m not spending time with them, I must be cold and aloof. The fact is, I’ve got a 13-year-old and 10-year-old daughter.”

Reagan didn’t socialize with the press. He spent his evenings with Nancy, watching TV with dinner trays. But he knew that to transcend, you can’t condescend.

;)

4. ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,254
    hahaha