We Suffered for 8 Years, Say the Haters.

The entire problem with the pharma, is government. More government, is not a solution, to a government caused problem.

You want lower prices on drugs? Deregulate the entire pharma industry. Open the market. Get government out of buying drugs.

As long as you create a system through government that is able to be manipulated, then it will be manipulated. If you open an investigation, they will simply remove one manipulator, and replace them with another manipulator.

The solution is not have a system that can be manipulated.

When has deregulation NOT bitten the consumer in the ass?

Like every single time it's been tried?

Do you know that cell phone, is a perfect example? Prior to the 2000s, it was nearly impossible for cell phones to get wide areas of coverage. The FCC started auctioning off spectrum, which gave rise to nation wide coverage, AND drastically reduced the cost to produce cell phones. Before it was horribly expensive to get the spectrum needed, which increased the cost of service.

So that alone is a perfect example.

Another would be the airlines, which after deregulation, prices fell by nearly half.

View attachment 295440

It would be hard to cite an example where deregulation had a negative effect.

The UK broadband internet is a great example. While speeds are not significantly faster (contrary to claims), what is true is that prices are lower. By opening the market up to as much competition as possible, having many companies competing in a free and open market, the price is significantly cheaper in the UK for broadband, than here in the highly regulated US market.

Another example would be banking. Many of the banking regulations we have in the US, have never existed elsewhere in the world. Yet the sub-prime crash happened here, not in Canada, or the UK, or the EU, where no such regulations exist.

I could go on and on.

Mobile phone: My Father had a mobile phone in his car in 1962, that was able to call anywhere a landline called. I've had briefcase, backpack, brick, flip, smart, satellite phone, no issue.

Airfare: As long as your flying to a subsidized airport (Vegas for instance) airfare isn't that cheap.

Trucking and healthcare deregulation are prime examples of the consumers and/or workers getting fucked.

Trucking has also declined in price, which is why consumers have cheaper goods and a higher standard of living.

Health care deregulation? Surely you are insane. There is no example of 'deregulation' of health care that I can think of.

If you want to look at deregulated healthcare, look at medical tourism. Where do people go for medical tourism? To non-regulated non-government hospitals in other countries, that are a fraction of the cost of our highly regulated hospitals.

I hope you're not writing that shipping a package is less cost today than prior to deregulation.

Healthcare deregulation: Reagan deregulated the HMO act.

The US has the most expensive healthcare on the planet. This is due to healthcare insurers owning or deriving profit from 95% of healthcare providers. This was caused by DEREGULATION.

Um... well if you look at the facts.... the facts are deregulation of the trucking industry, caused prices to drop, and they did drop.

Deregulation has worked well. Between 1977, the year before the ICC started to decontrol the industry, and 1982, rates for truckload-size shipments fell about 25 percent in real, inflation-adjusted terms.

Trucking Deregulation, by Thomas Gale Moore: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

This is a well documented economic fact.

As for HMOs. I can't find anything conclusive about Reagan deregulating HMOs.

What I did find, was that Medicare in the 1980s was causing doctors and hospitals to refuse to serve government patients. The government had no choice but to 'deregulate' how much medicare paid out, or risk having patients across the country end up refused by every doctor and hospital.

This still true today. People keep claiming we can 'save money' by negotiating lower rates with health care providers, and the result is health care providers simply refuse to care for patients.

Medicare, the government insurance company for everyone over age 65 (and for the disabled) pays fees to primary care physicians that guarantee bankruptcy.

Additionally, 70% of hospitals in the United States lose money on Medicare patients. That’s right, for every patient over age 65, it costs the hospital more to deliver care than the government reimburses. That is why Mayo Clinic has said it will not accept Medicare payments for primary care physician visits. Mayo gets it.
Why the Mayo Clinic is refusing to see Medicare patients

This is the reality. Health care costs money. Having "Medicare-for-all" isn't going to fix this. It will just mean our bankrupt government will be deeper in debt.

"The sentence I hear most from well-meaning, conservative friends since President Trump’s election is this: “We suffered 8 years under Barack Obama.”

Fair enough. Let’s take a look.

The day Obama took office, the Dow closed at 7,949 points. Eight years later, the Dow had almost tripled.

General Motors and Chrysler were on the brink of bankruptcy, with Ford not far behind, and their failure, along with their supply chains, would have meant the loss of millions of jobs. Obama pushed through a controversial, $80 billion bailout to save the car industry. The U.S. car industry survived, started making money again, and the entire $80 billion was paid back, with interest.

While we remain vulnerable to lone-wolf attacks, no foreign terrorist organization has successfully executed a mass attack here since 9/11.

Obama ordered the raid that killed Osama Bin Laden.

He drew down the number of troops from 180,000 in Iraq and Afghanistan to just 15,000, and increased funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs.

He launched a program called Opening Doors which, since 2010, has led to a 47 percent decline in the number of homeless veterans.

He set a record 73 straight months of private-sector job growth.

Due to Obama’s regulatory policies, greenhouse gas emissions decreased by 12%, production of renewable energy more than doubled, and our dependence on foreign oil was cut in half.

He signed The Lilly Ledbetter Act, making it easier for women to sue employers for unequal pay.

His Omnibus Public Lands Management Act designated more than 2 million acres as wilderness, creating thousands of miles of trails and protecting over 1,000 miles of rivers.

He reduced the federal deficit from 9.8 percent of GDP in 2009 to 3.2 percent in 2016.

For all the inadequacies of the Affordable Care Act, we seem to have forgotten that, before the ACA, you could be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition and kids could not stay on their parents’ policies up to age 26.

Obama approved a $14.5 billion system to rebuild the levees in New Orleans.

All this, even as Mitch McConnell famously asserted that his singular mission would be to block anything President Obama tried to do.

While Obama failed on his campaign pledge to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay, that prison’s population decreased from 242 to around 50.

He expanded funding for embryonic stem cell research, supporting groundbreaking advancement in areas like spinal injury treatment and cancer.

Credit card companies can no longer charge hidden fees or raise interest rates without advance notice.

Most years, Obama threw a 4th of July party for military families. He held babies, played games with children, served barbecue, and led the singing of “Happy Birthday” to his daughter Malia, who was born on July 4.

Welfare spending is down: for every 100 poor families, just 24 receive cash assistance, compared with 64 in 1996.

Obama comforted families and communities following more than a dozen mass shootings. After Sandy Hook, he said, “The majority of those who died today were children, beautiful little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old.”

Yet, he never took away anyone’s guns.

He sang Amazing Grace, spontaneously, at the altar.

He was the first president since Eisenhower to serve two terms without personal or political scandal.

He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

President Obama was not perfect, as no man and no president is, and you can certainly disagree with his political ideologies. But to say we suffered? If that’s the argument, if this is how we suffered for 8 years under Barack Obama, I have one wish: may we be so fortunate as to suffer 8 more."

Obama was a gentleman. Never went around insulting people for no reason at all or picking fights with young teen age girls on twitter like this trump jerk. Future generations will say fut the whuck, why didn't those people back then impeach trump and kick him out of the white house or maybe even out of the country.

Obama was more of a talking-out-of-both-sides-of-his-mouth statesman. I'll grant you that.

But he picked fights constantly, and he played the race card, and he was arrogant. He's more of a covert arrogance than Trump, who is extremely overt... but he's still arrogant.

Regardless, his policies were crap, they dragged out the recession for almost a decade, and he's screwed up health insurance for sure.

The stock market made all time highs under Obama.

Yes, that's what happens after you regain all the losses. Sadly we went at a snail's pace to achieve that under Obama.
AHAHA!!

Why do you keep lying? Good thing I am here to school you, that's what I do, school the retards and liars of the world. You said this:
The stock market regained losses. That's it. People got back to square 1 from all they lost.

Stating that we just regained losses. That's it (in your own words pops). When in fact the market was up approximately 300% start to finish under Obama, and made new all time highs in 2013, passing Bush's market highs and finishing Obama's presidency up ~300% from what he inherited from Bush, and also finishing up ~50% higher than Bush's all time highs.

Now let's look at Trump's gains. Trump has gained ........... approximately ONLY 35% you dumb fuck. So Obama's snail's pace was a 300% gain, and Trump's gain is only ~35%.
:290968001256257790-final:
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

So basically you and Political Chic have absolutely no fucking clue what you are talking about. I'm glad I could educate you two, maybe now you will come correct with your facts. I find it laughable that you and Political Chic try to act like you know something when you're dumb as dirt. Just another example of the stupidity of the right...

You should have either checked your facts, or just admitted the mistake, instead you look even dumber. You just got murked.

The real question is why do you people feel the need to lie to discredit Obama. Obama was a slightly better than mediocre president, there is plenty to attack him on, but to lie and fabricate BS? It just shows how pathetic the right is and how pathetic their Obama derangement syndrome is.

View attachment 292811

When in fact the market was up approximately 300% start to finish under Obama,

Still hilarious!!!

Forum List

Back