We should have listened to him

534255_515069941848209_1934658616_n.jpg

He would not recognize the wacko R now.

And, he sure as hell would not be allowed in today's GObP.

We need to get religionS and money out of politics.

You would have hated Barry Goldwater, Dudley. He would have been a "nutter" "pubbot" or any of the other childish names you come up with to brand Republicans like the 5 year old kid you are.

Wrong.

I DID hate Goldwater.

And, its "pubpot". I use it because rw's hate to be left out. By shortening Republican and teepotter to pubpot, none of you feel left out. :lol:

No he wouldn't.

What he'd be mortified by is neocon globalist weasels like Krystol, Wolfowitz and Krauthammer being deemed "conservatives".

What's truly stunning is Israel-firsters like you reflexively hating guys like them.

yeah, he would ... he was pro choice and pro gay. he didn't hate the government. and he was for INDIVIDUAL liberties.. .not corporate liberties.

i'm not a necon, and i don't put israel first. however, i also don't think jews should die for anti-semites. but nice stereotype.

Last edited:
Goldwater lost. Big.

Thread fail.

which doesn't mean he wasn't right, loon.

post fail.
Like the saying goes, even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Neither Goldwater nor Reagan could manage that record but sure, they both said some smart things.

Doesn't make either of them qualified to run waster water management, though.

No he wouldn't.

What he'd be mortified by is neocon globalist weasels like Krystol, Wolfowitz and Krauthammer being deemed "conservatives".

What's truly stunning is Israel-firsters like you reflexively hating guys like them.

yeah, he would ... he was pro choice and pro gay. he didn't hate the government. and he was for INDIVIDUAL liberties.. .not corporate liberties.
Which is why he didn't want the feds involved in either abortion, sexual issues, or any other aspect of the culture wars.....All areas where blood-shooting-out-the-ears nutters like you demand that the feds insinuate themselves.

He was also a staunch non-interventionist in foreign policy, which would earn him the never ending hatred of Israel-firsters like you had he been elected.

No he wouldn't.

Which is why he didn't want the feds involved in either abortion, sexual issues, or any other aspect of the culture wars.....All areas where blood-shooting-out-the-ears nutters like you demand that the feds insinuate themselves.

He was also a staunch non-interventionist in foreign policy, which would earn him the never ending hatred of Israel-firsters like you had he been elected.
Exactly. Barry Goldwater was awesome, but he and I would have disagreed on foreign policy, and you and I do, too. No, you and Barry seem very much alike. And, I would have differed with him on foreign policy as I do with you.

Yeah...I wish we would've listened to Goldwater, too.

We'd have no Medicare, no Medicaid, no Vietnam war, no food stamps and other trappings of the Great Society welfare state, (probably) no Nixon, no EPA, no OSHA, no foolhardy failed wage and price controls, no Watergate....Might have even got a better president to follow, than the fake "conservative" Reagan....

Yup....If only Goldwater had won the '64 election......

Yeah...I wish we would've listened to Goldwater, too.

We'd have no Medicare, no Medicaid, no Vietnam war, no food stamps and other trappings of the Great Society welfare state, (probably) no Nixon, no EPA, no OSHA, no foolhardy failed wage and price controls, no Watergate....Might have even got a better president to follow, than the fake "conservative" Reagan....

Yup....If only Goldwater had won the '64 election......
But, the OP is so sincere. :lol:

You would have hated Barry Goldwater, Dudley. He would have been a "nutter" "pubbot" or any of the other childish names you come up with to brand Republicans like the 5 year old kid you are.

it's far more likely that the radical righties would have called goldwater a RINO and reviled him.

On religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both. I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in A, B, C, and D. Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs?

:thup:

On religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both. I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in A, B, C, and D. Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs?
Which can also be said of the worshipers of Big Daddy Big Gubmint, who preach to me that if I'm to be a good little prole, I must believe in A, B, C, and D.

Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs?

Last edited:

:thup:

And its a hell of a lot worse now.

Air Force cadets can't even serve in peace. They're harassed by fundies who run vans to and from their "churches" and make life miserable for anyone who doesn't fall into line.

Its just as bad at military bases.

Now they're taking over the GObP. Money grubbing fundies robbing the US and getting away with it because impotent fools like Boehner back down from them and fools vote for them.

And its a hell of a lot worse now.

Air Force cadets can't even serve in peace. They're harassed by fundies who run vans to and from their "churches" and make life miserable for anyone who doesn't fall into line.

Its just as bad at military bases.

Now they're taking over the GObP. Money grubbing fundies robbing the US and getting away with it because impotent fools like Boehner back down from them and fools vote for them.
Link or it didn't happen.

BTW, USAFA Cadets sign up for the duty.

There have been numerous people who told us Obama was not a moderate or a centrist or a uniter or someone who would comprise and work across the aisle we should have listened to them.

Who knows how the world would have been different if he had become President. However, now we have to deal with what is and not what could have been.

Which can also be said of the worshipers of Big Daddy Big Gubmint, who preach to me that if I'm to be a good little prole, I must believe in A, B, C, and D.

Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs?

try one of the other 87 keys, luca.

the left did not have to do that, the right did it for them.
Goldwater was too late in his statement.

Barry Goldwater-fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Ronald Reagan began a new era for the GOP.

Why such a fear of those who use their freedom of speech to speak about their religion, another freedom? I don't like all preachers but I will defend their right to speak openly in the town square.

Forum List

Back