We should believe the Congress or the White House? Why?

Of course you should believe them. Our Government has been in effect for over 200 years and is still the envy of most of the world. Is it perfect? Hardly
But the US has risen from a country of poor dirt farmers to the richest and most powerful in history. You can whine and call them all crooks and liars but the US could not have risen to its existing place in the world without a highly functional government

and you believed bush.....right :eusa_whistle:

We should believe them because they are the kindest bravest warmest human beings I have ever known. And they always tell the truth and put the interests of the people over their own personal agendas.

I am Chris Matthews and I approve this message.

That is what makes our country great

Our founding fathers understood the corruptness of absolute power. That is why they insisted on freedom of speech, that is why they insisted on freedom of the press, that is why they included checks and balances.

Do politicians lie? Of course they do
What happens when they lie? The press swarms over them reporting the details and drives them from office

Is our system of government perfect?

No......but it is the best system of goernment ever created

I take exception to your comment that the press is doing their job right now. If it wouldn't have been for FOX news we would never have found out about Van Jones--Rev. Wright--Bill Ayers--Tony Resco--or ACORN. We also would have never known that our elected representatives signed off on a 787 billion dollars so-called economic stimulus bill without reading it. We wouldn't have known about the pork & earmarks in the 450 BILLION dollar Ominus bill. We wouldn't have known about HR3200 & it's inclusion of illegal immigrants.

Obama has CBS--NBC--ABC--CNN--MSNBC in his back pocket--& is continually complaining about FOX news because they actually disclose the facts--:::lol::lol:

It's the media that has changed in this country. They--"except" for FOX are 100% culpable for getting Obama elected as POTUS.

When one person can control the media--this country turns into something our fore-fathers never dreamed of.

$The obama channel.jpg

Last edited:
Of course you should believe them. Our Government has been in effect for over 200 years and is still the envy of most of the world. Is it perfect? Hardly
But the US has risen from a country of poor dirt farmers to the richest and most powerful in history. You can whine and call them all crooks and liars but the US could not have risen to its existing place in the world without a highly functional government

I assume you believed everything that came from GW Bush's mouth, correct?

The point is what happened to the party of GW Bush. Our system of government provides for accountability. Those caught lying or being blatantly inept pay a price.
In this case the GOP was voted out of office at all levels of government.

The point is what happened to the party of GW Bush. Our system of government provides for accountability. Those caught lying or being blatantly inept pay a price.

And prior to the GOP being voted out, you believed every word from every one of their mouths, right?

And prior to the GOP being voted out, you believed every word from every one of their mouths, right?

To look at it your way.....we should assume everything is a lie

We damn well should.

Always, until proven otherwise. On each and every issue. It's called skepticism, and it's necessary and healthy. BUT it requires something you totally lack -- critical thinking.

We damn well should.

Always, until proven otherwise. On each and every issue. It's called skepticism, and it's necessary and healthy. BUT it requires something you totally lack -- critical thinking.

You fucking LIAR

We damn well should.

You fucking LIAR
After I shredded you and you cut and ran from another thread, then I see you spewing the exact same bullshit I shredded before, I think it's quite clear who the liar is.

Struck a nerve on ya.... You're a pedantic, plodding, predictable puerile pissant coming at us with nothing but puppet, parrot pablum.

We damn well should.

You fucking LIAR
After I shredded you and you cut and ran from another thread, then I see you spewing the exact same bullshit I shredded before, I think it's quite clear who the liar is.

Struck a nerve on ya.... You're a pedantic, plodding, predictable puerile pissant coming at us with nothing but puppet, parrot pablum.

Just showing my natural skepticism like you suggested

you fucking liar
after i shredded you and you cut and ran from another thread, then i see you spewing the exact same bullshit i shredded before, i think it's quite clear who the liar is.

just showing my natural skepticism like you suggested

awwwwwwwwwww facial applied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You fucking LIAR

No, just outright lying and rubbing salve on your lesions.

But you can delude yourself all you wish. THAT is your natural state.

MM does not critically think. Emote, oh yes; CT, oh no.

The postings here clearly reveal that.

MM does not critically think. Emote, oh yes; CT, oh no.

The postings here clearly reveal that.

I don't know about that - but RW certainly turned MM's argument around in a devasting fashion. (One of the most devastating I've witnessed on these boards.) And for MM to reply with something about salve on RW "lesions" absolutely REEKS of projection and undemines credibility.

Next time try, "yes, very clever. But clever doesn't mean your right. Here's why your position is wrong ....."

It won't look as pathetic.

Last edited:
I guess we could do a little analysis. Currently we have 30-40 million without insurance. The reasons for not having health insurance?

1. Income is too low to pay for it. We have medicaid for that.
2. Do not perceive a big enough risk to buy it. Won't change except for the proposed penalty.
3. Insurance is too expensive cause of prior conditions. These folks will make a lower cost program all but impossible.
4. Have been excluded coverage. Again, a high risk group, which translates to expensive to cover.

The three points raised jsut below HR bill 3200's Heading is:

1. Cover ALL Americans. Fail. At best we still have 6% uncovered.
2. Cut costs. Fail. You can't add high risk individuals without increasing costs. There is a way, but its called rationed care.
3. Improve quality. Fail. This flies in the face of reducing costs.

If you fail continously, I will not "believe" you.

No, just outright lying and rubbing salve on your lesions.

But you can delude yourself all you wish. THAT is your natural state.

Who should I trust more??

The government of the greatest nation on earth.

or

An anonymous, lying piece of shit like Midnight Marauder?

Think this Patriot will choose the government of the United States of America

<is that skeptical enough for you MM?>

I don't know about that - but RW certainly turned MM's argument around in a devasting fashion.
:lol::lol::lol: Hardly! First he says I am a liar because I said he wasn't capable of skepticism and critical thought, then in the next post admits I am right by saying he's trying to apply it?

Are you daft?

I guess we could do a little analysis. Currently we have 30-40 million without insurance. The reasons for not having health insurance?

1. Income is too low to pay for it. We have medicaid for that.
2. Do not perceive a big enough risk to buy it. Won't change except for the proposed penalty.
3. Insurance is too expensive cause of prior conditions. These folks will make a lower cost program all but impossible.
4. Have been excluded coverage. Again, a high risk group, which translates to expensive to cover.

The three points raised jsut below HR bill 3200's Heading is:

1. Cover ALL Americans. Fail. At best we still have 6% uncovered.
2. Cut costs. Fail. You can't add high risk individuals without increasing costs. There is a way, but its called rationed care.
3. Improve quality. Fail. This flies in the face of reducing costs.

If you fail continously, I will not "believe" you.

You make some untrue assumptions. I'll start with your reason #1: "1. Income is too low to pay for it. We have medicaid for that."

There are many among the working poor who are falling within that gap that you ignore.

I see no reason to believe anything coming from this administration at this point. When Hopey Changey reappointed Ben Bernanke i knew the whole thing was just another sad scam. The very same people who destroyed our economy are still in charge so i see no real change. Why do so many Americans actually believe that the very same people who destroyed our economy are going to be the ones to fix it? It really is so shocking and perplexing. In fact Ben Bernanke will probably even see a raise in pay for all his corruption and incompetence. He even actually declared recently that the Recession is now over. Say Whaat?? Why should we believe anything this guy says at this point? How sad.

Forum List

Back