We should believe the Congress or the White House? Why?

Of course you should believe them. Our Government has been in effect for over 200 years and is still the envy of most of the world. Is it perfect? Hardly
But the US has risen from a country of poor dirt farmers to the richest and most powerful in history. You can whine and call them all crooks and liars but the US could not have risen to its existing place in the world without a highly functional government

Of course you should believe them. Our Government has been in effect for over 200 years and is still the envy of most of the world. Is it perfect? Hardly
But the US has risen from a country of poor dirt farmers to the richest and most powerful in history. You can whine and call them all crooks and liars but the US could not have risen to its existing place in the world without a highly functional government

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You laugh? Laugh at what?

That the US Government is the envy of the world?
That the US is the richest and most powerful nation in history?
That we could not have achieved this without our existing government?

Willow laughs simply because willow is an idiot, unable to comprehend anything more significant than the simplest of concrete issues. That's why I made up the silly poem for willow -- the words perfectly reflect how poorly willow's brain works.

If any of us gets to the point where we absolutely cannot believe our government...and we simultaneously do NOT immediately become part of the armed resistance, then we are cowardly pussies.

We should believe them because they are the kindest bravest warmest human beings I have ever known. And they always tell the truth and put the interests of the people over their own personal agendas.

I am Chris Matthews and I approve this message.

That is what makes our country great

Our founding fathers understood the corruptness of absolute power. That is why they insisted on freedom of speech, that is why they insisted on freedom of the press, that is why they included checks and balances.

Do politicians lie? Of course they do
What happens when they lie? The press swarms over them reporting the details and drives them from office

Is our system of government perfect?

No......but it is the best system of goernment ever created

at the irony.. you say we should believe them in the wh, when one lie right after another has been told. you cannot watch fox news cause "they lie" but you voted for the biggest liar in history, it just struck me as funny. Kerry ON.

Willow laughs simply because willow is an idiot, unable to comprehend anything more significant than the simplest of concrete issues. That's why I made up the silly poem for willow -- the words perfectly reflect how poorly willow's brain works.

I'm so very glad you did. proof of your stupidity.

I have to agree with chanel, the press is biased these days. The "check and balance" to this is found in conservative and liberal commentators. Does media coverage lead to politicans being thrown out of office? On occassion, yet the truly commited seem to stay. I point out Barney Franks as a prime example of an incompetent, self dealing and very morally bankrupt person who is still in office.

We did achieve our present place in the world through innovation, liberty, commitment and some really lucky breaks in history. Our present government appears bent on trying to stamp out any flicker of these qualities.

1) I am not sure our government is the envy of the world. There are dictators throughout the world that im sure prefer their form of government over ours. Their people however....
2) The richest most powerful nation? Maybe at one point, but when we have to take out incredibly large amounts of debt to cover what we spend, i dont think we are that wealthy. The wealthy dont need debt.
3) Our existing government is whats leading to our fall. We lost the government you are talking about when the Senate lost its accountability to the States.

1) I am not sure our government is the envy of the world. There are dictators throughout the world that im sure prefer their form of government over ours. Their people however....
2) The richest most powerful nation? Maybe at one point, but when we have to take out incredibly large amounts of debt to cover what we spend, i dont think we are that wealthy. The wealthy dont need debt.
3) Our existing government is whats leading to our fall. We lost the government you are talking about when the Senate lost its accountability to the States.

Our country is the envy of the world.
We are the richest and the most powerful.
The senate is beholden to the people.

Forum List

Back