we should all work less

We could all go back to the barter system.
Who want's to trade? I have some high quality pocket lint here, it's Armani........

the reason we feel we have to work more is to be able to aford things we want
but don't need, and the more we work the more stuff we want to get over it.
the less free time you have the more expensive thing are, the less deals you can take advantage of and you are forced to take the expensive route, working less could save you alot of money.
every one should just work enough to get by, lower the cost of their living
and spend their spare time doing what they want.

Everyone should work ( if they are able ) for the things they need and want, including self-esteem. Only then are you truly free to be. You can judge a person's wealth and wisdom though by how much they save, rather than how much they spend. Studies have shown the happiest people are those who are working for compensation. The second happiest group are volunteers. :)

Last edited:
the less free time you have the more expensive thing are, the less deals you can take advantage of and you are forced to take the expensive route, working less could save you alot of money.

I wish that could happen, like world peace or a magic money tree. Unfortunantly, those things don't exist, which is why if I want to keep my lights, phone, cable, internet and cell on, I need money thus I have to go to work.

How could working less save me money again? Do you still live at home with mom?

You know, and hear me out on this one, it's crazy, but the more time you spend at work, the more money you make and the less time you have to spend it. Thus building a savings of money in your own pocket! It's hard to believe, I know, but it honestly works.

working a bit less is not a pie in the sky idea, a progresion towards this idea is totaly workable. I have been working part time since '99 and life is just great. infact the way
I now make a living is a direct result of me having spare time. when a student I started djing and this is now my main source of income.
how can you save money by working less? well I have the time to shop around and get good deals on food and things I need, I you work loads your window of oportunity to shop around is smaller you end up rushin around and are far more to buy overpriced goods due to your lack of time. I can offord internet, phone, rent, food, I even have enough money to get f*#"ed up on the weekend, no worries.

I wish that could happen, like world peace or a magic money tree. Unfortunantly, those things don't exist, which is why if I want to keep my lights, phone, cable, internet and cell on, I need money thus I have to go to work.

You know, and hear me out on this one, it's crazy, but the more time you spend at work, the more money you make and the less time you have to spend it. Thus building a savings of money in your own pocket! It's hard to believe, I know, but it honestly works.

working a bit less is not a pie in the sky idea, a progresion towards this idea is totaly workable. I have been working part time since '99 and life is just great. infact the way
I now make a living is a direct result of me having spare time. when a student I started djing and this is now my main source of income.
how can you save money by working less? well I have the time to shop around and get good deals on food and things I need, I you work loads your window of oportunity to shop around is smaller you end up rushin around and are far more to buy overpriced goods due to your lack of time. I can offord internet, phone, rent, food, I even have enough money to get f*#"ed up on the weekend, no worries.

If you're life is 'great', that's cool. But..... who the fuck are you to tell other people to live by your version of 'great'.

If I want to work my ass off and own a home instead of renting, drive a better car, eat out every night, and pay outrageous amounts of money on shoes, clothes, etc that is my business - not yours.

My husband works too much. He is on call 24/7 and works on our vacations. But that's who he is. And because of his work ethic, he employs 6 people who enjoy stress-free weekends and vacations with their families.

If he didn't work so much, he'd probably lay off half his staff.

Be careful what you wish for jodylee. If your boss decides to work part-time, you may not be needed.

The hire point is about here.

At first worker productivity went up as corps laid off people.

The remaining workers took up the slack and tried to prove that co couldnt live without them by working at a very high level.

The Cos continued to slash everything they could.

Now we are at a point where worker productivity has hit a wall,

The remaining wokers can no longer take up any more slack.

The leveling off has begun and when the corps realise they can not increase profits by merely overburdening their current employees they will begin to hire.

Lets remember that profit is all they care about and they will hire people to make more money.

The republicans will then be in a real world of hurt to have a leg to stand on.

They will trash any employment gains as too small.

The country is healing and they will be seen as trashing our good news.

They will then desperately try to claim the credit.

Then they will lose big in the next election.

Last edited:

Working harder is more expensive.

Everyone should just quit.

The hire point is about here.

At first worker productivity went up as corps laid off people.

The remaining workers took up the slack and tried to prove that co couldnt live without them by working at a very high level.

The Cos continued to slash everything they could.

Now we are at a point where worker productivity has hit a wall,

The remaining wokers can no longer take up any more slack.

The leveling off has begun and when the corps realise they can not increase profits by merely overburdening their current employees they will begin to hire.

Lets remember that profit is all they care about and they will hire people to make more money.

The republicans will then be in a real world of hurt to have a leg to stand on.

They will trash any employment gains as too small.

The country is healing and they will be seen as trashing our good news.

They will then desperately try to claim the credit.

Then they will lose big in the next election.

Everyone is waiting for Obama to start doing his job.

The uncertainty is what's keeping businesses from hiring.

They don't know what the taxes will be, so they can't afford to hire anyone or take a risk on losing money thus putting their business at risk.

You need to wrap your mind around that concept, because as long as Obama is in office uncertainty is going to be a hindrance to the economy.

The only reason the economy isn't totally crashing is because the House has put the brakes on all of the reckless spending that went on the last couple of years.

Last edited:

If you're life is 'great', that's cool. But..... who the fuck are you to tell other people to live by your version of 'great'.

If I want to work my ass off and own a home instead of renting, drive a better car, eat out every night, and pay outrageous amounts of money on shoes, clothes, etc that is my business - not yours.

don't you think it makes a nice change to hear the work shy having a go at the workers, and why do workers have a go at people that earn less? the same reason you need to buy expensive shoes and eat out, work is futile and your life is pointless.

My husband works too much. He is on call 24/7 and works on our vacations. But that's who he is. And because of his work ethic, he employs 6 people who enjoy stress-free weekends and vacations with their families.

If he didn't work so much, he'd probably lay off half his staff.

Be careful what you wish for jodylee. If your boss decides to work part-time, you may not be needed.

i'm self employed, I dont get stress-free weekends, I get a stress-free week, month, year

Forum List

Back