We republicans now need to work with Obama to avoid the fiscal cliff

It's going to be a blood bath because Obama will not work with us.

It's a two way street. As I recall, it was Republicans who refused any tax increases at all, even with all kinds of cuts on the table. Just because Republicans have the majority in the House does not mean they have free reign to call all the shots. They need to compromise; it has to happen on both sides.

Sure they do.

Boehner: No mandate for higher taxes

Shortly after multiple networks projected that Republicans would retain control of the House, Speaker John Boehner took to the stage with a message that looked ahead to the battle over the fiscal cliff — the GOP isn't budging on taxes.

"With this vote, the American people have also made clear that there is no mandate for raising tax rates," Boehner told supporters at the Ronald Reagan building in Washington. '

Boehner: No mandate for higher taxes | Times 247

Like I said, 2014 isn't that far off.

Fuck that. The budget gets worked up by the House, then goes to HARRY REID to work out resolution, and then goes to Obama for signature or veto.

Fuck his dictator approach.

Well gee, if the budget is written by the House, how come people always give the President shit over the deficit?

Can't have it both ways, <Stage I Freudian insult omitted>.
Nancy Pelosi spent her botox off for Obama's first two years. America took her off duty by electing conservatives to fill in the Democrats of 2008 in 2010. Their brain-dead damages will be felt for 50 years.

It's a two way street. As I recall, it was Republicans who refused any tax increases at all, even with all kinds of cuts on the table. Just because Republicans have the majority in the House does not mean they have free reign to call all the shots. They need to compromise; it has to happen on both sides.

Sure they do.

Boehner: No mandate for higher taxes

Shortly after multiple networks projected that Republicans would retain control of the House, Speaker John Boehner took to the stage with a message that looked ahead to the battle over the fiscal cliff — the GOP isn't budging on taxes.

"With this vote, the American people have also made clear that there is no mandate for raising tax rates," Boehner told supporters at the Ronald Reagan building in Washington. '

Boehner: No mandate for higher taxes | Times 247

Like I said, 2014 isn't that far off.

Which party always gains at midterm? The in party, or the out party?

We republicans are going to have to make a deal with him(obama) or we're going over the fiscal cliff. That will be a blood bath.

Would you be ok with a 3-4% raise in the income tax on people making a million dollars per year. With the corporate going down to 28% like Obama said he would earlier this year?

Maybe we can discuss some middle class tax cuts to help businesses?

I think we now owe the American people at least this much?

It was never a problem of working with him, he never worked with us.

We republicans are going to have to make a deal with him(obama) or we're going over the fiscal cliff. That will be a blood bath.

Would you be ok with a 3-4% raise in the income tax on people making a million dollars per year. With the corporate going down to 28% like Obama said he would earlier this year?

It was never a problem of working with him, he never worked with us.

Just curious, how hard did you try to work with the President?

Don't be shy... how many proposals did you put forth that wound up getting shot down by Obama. A ballpark number will suffice.

You are correct, Matthew.

If no compromise in the budget is possible then:

The Budget Control Act of 2011 mandates caps on discretionary spending, which under current law will be lowered beginning in January 2013 to remove $1.2 trillion of spending over the following ten years. In addition, several temporary tax cuts are scheduled to expire at the beginning of the 2013 calendar year, including the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts on income, capital gains, and estate tax, which had been extended in a 2010 tax deal, as well as a payroll tax cut that began as a result of the 2010 deal and had been most recently extended in an early 2012 tax deal. The combination of sudden spending cuts and tax increases has led to concerns about significant negative effects on the economy in the wake of the weak recovery from the late 2000s recession.

Get your parachutes ready because we're going over the cliff in less than 60 days.

Color-fiscal-cliff.jpg

Last edited:

The Budget Control Act of 2011 mandates caps on discretionary spending, which under current law will be lowered beginning in January 2013 to remove $1.2 trillion of spending over the following ten years. In addition, several temporary tax cuts are scheduled to expire at the beginning of the 2013 calendar year, including the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts on income, capital gains, and estate tax, which had been extended in a 2010 tax deal, as well as a payroll tax cut that began as a result of the 2010 deal and had been most recently extended in an early 2012 tax deal. The combination of sudden spending cuts and tax increases has led to concerns about significant negative effects on the economy in the wake of the weak recovery from the late 2000s recession.

The budget control act was in itself a compromise.

We tried working with him before you fucking dumbass, it did not work, they have not submitted a budget in 4 years. You fucking idiot.

We tried working with him before you fucking dumbass, it did not work, they have not submitted a budget in 4 years. You fucking idiot.

What's all this "we" business? How many budgets did you submit?

Yes, it was, Snipe.

A compromise that will ONLY go into effect if CONGRESS does nothing to pprevent it from going into effect.

I assumed that most people already understood that fact.

In your case, I suppose I was wrong for not pointing out the bloody obvious.

Yes, it was, Snipe.

A compromise that will ONLY go into effect if CONGRESS does nothing to pprevent it from going into effect.

I assumed that most people already understood that fact.

In your case, I suppose I was wrong for not pointing out the bloody obvious.

You are calling for undoing the previous compromise, which was made into law as a concession to Obama since the Democrats refused to engage in the budget process.

Just get your facts straight.

We either do this or face a full scale depression. I think it's worth a small tax increase on the extreme rich to avoid such.

The pain of going over the cliff makes it worth it.

Nah. Fuck that.

Make it Obama's choice to cut spending or 'face a full scale depression.'

If the Bush tax cuts are going to expire, they need to expire for EVERYONE!! Half of this country asked for this, let them deal with it.

Yes, EVERYone means there is no class warfare, except of course those 47% who are moochers.

We either do this or face a full scale depression. I think it's worth a small tax increase on the extreme rich to avoid such.

The pain of going over the cliff makes it worth it.

You do know that Bam Bam and his minions define "the rich" as a married couple making 250K a year don't you?

We need to take Harry Reid's stance.

He says he can't work with Romney.

We can't work with who is running the White House.

Obama is on vacation for the next 4 years.

Forum List

Back