We republicans now need to work with Obama to avoid the fiscal cliff

You guys have shown us endlessly over the past year that you have no clue what is happening politically. I don't think anyone is going to give your opinions any credibility.

The people just overwhelmingly re-elected the Republicans to control the House of Representatives. They write the budgets.

Yes, and at an 11% approval rate, congress has done an A+ job.

People only hate the other guy's congressman. The Republicans control the House of Representatives for at least 8 more years thanks to redistricting, and they control the checkbook.

It is easy to vote for the free ride. Time to let things snap a bit.

Yes indeed. It's also time for job creators to recognize that we are not helplessly at the mercy of this government. They depend on us far more than we depend on them.

^ Prime illustration of the sense of entitlement that plagues this country and holds progress back.

You tell me why I should continue to act as the government's tax collector for a government that thinks "I didn't build that".?

It is easy to vote for the free ride. Time to let things snap a bit.

Yes indeed. It's also time for job creators to recognize that we are not helplessly at the mercy of this government. They depend on us far more than we depend on them.

^ Prime illustration of the sense of entitlement that plagues this country and holds progress back.

Progress to a guy like you is defined by how much incremental free gubmint stuff you can grab.

LOL

The people just overwhelmingly re-elected the Republicans to control the House of Representatives. They write the budgets.

Yes, and at an 11% approval rate, congress has done an A+ job.

People only hate the other guy's congressman. The Republicans control the House of Representatives for at least 8 more years thanks to redistricting, and they control the checkbook.

No, I hate my Congressman. :lol:

The question is, will Obama work with the Republicans in Congress or will he do he regular act of "It's my way or the highway", because we won.

Well gee, if the budget is written by the House, how come people always give the President shit over the deficit?

Can't have it both ways, SnippedFart.

The budget can't get pass the senate as the president's party controls it.

Your statement is ambiguous, as it is not "the President's" party. He is a member of it, just as they are. He does not control it.

Hell, he doesn't even control his own speeches.

Actually for a sock that was a near honest statement. Obama has never tried, from day 1 to work with either the opposition or even his own party's legislators. None of them get along, sort of like the election results.

Will he change now, with no election to worry about? Didn't sound like it in his 'acceptance/campaign' speech which just ended on a convention type note. TG no Roman god nods.

We republicans are going to have to make a deal with him(obama) or we're going over the fiscal cliff. That will be a blood bath.

Would you be ok with a 3-4% raise in the income tax on people making a million dollars per year. With the corporate going down to 28% like Obama said he would earlier this year?

Maybe we can discuss some middle class tax cuts to help businesses?

I think we now owe the American people at least this much?

Sounds like a good start. I would also like to see a small increase in the capital gains rate to 20%. All of the above and then some real spending cuts. One thing to remember is that if the economy gets going again, revenue will increase some and spending will also drop as spending on unemployment and other welfare programs drop off as people get back to work. Beyond the current deficit though, they need serious discussions on Medicare and SS. Personally, I still believe raising the retirement age would be the best way to go, but that will be a very hard sell. Of course any changes to those programs will be a hard sell.

It's going to be a blood bath because Obama will not work with us.

It's a two way street. As I recall, it was Republicans who refused any tax increases at all, even with all kinds of cuts on the table. Just because Republicans have the majority in the House does not mean they have free reign to call all the shots. They need to compromise; it has to happen on both sides.

We republicans are going to have to make a deal with him(obama) or we're going over the fiscal cliff. That will be a blood bath.

Would you be ok with a 3-4% raise in the income tax on people making a million dollars per year. With the corporate going down to 28% like Obama said he would earlier this year?

Maybe we can discuss some middle class tax cuts to help businesses?

I think we now owe the American people at least this much?

Since Bam Bam defines a millionaire as couple making 250K a year I will have to pass on the "millionaire" tax hike.

The bottom half of earners already pay no income taxes so what taxes are you going to cut exactly?

It's going to be a blood bath because Obama will not work with us.

It's a two way street. As I recall, it was Republicans who refused any tax increases at all, even with all kinds of cuts on the table. Just because Republicans have the majority in the House does not mean they have free reign to call all the shots. They need to compromise; it has to happen on both sides.

Sure they do.

Boehner: No mandate for higher taxes

Shortly after multiple networks projected that Republicans would retain control of the House, Speaker John Boehner took to the stage with a message that looked ahead to the battle over the fiscal cliff — the GOP isn't budging on taxes.

"With this vote, the American people have also made clear that there is no mandate for raising tax rates," Boehner told supporters at the Ronald Reagan building in Washington. '

Boehner: No mandate for higher taxes | Times 247

BoehnerJohnCrying_width_600x.jpeg

Boehner will wise up or take a hike in 2014.

Forum List

Back